SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:11   #1
Nyper

dog in back of truck?

Is it legal in NC?

I never even thought about it being illegal, until I saw an article about how people are trying to pass a low to disallow it in some states.

I don't go flying down the interstate with the dog in the back, but I throw her back there pretty often when just making a quick trip. I sure as crap dont want to get a ticket over something that silly...
Old 06-29-2007, 13:59   #2
jtull7
Pistolero

If they gave a ticket to everyone who drives around with a pooch in the back of their truck in New Mexico, half the state would be ticketed.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 22:24   #3
davis513

In Charlotte, it is a violation of a city ordinance to carry an animal in a vehicle without having it reasonably restrained.

Sec 3-62(10) Abuse of Animals:

a) Prohibited. It shall be unlawful if a person negligently or willfully:

Conveys any type of animal in a motor vehicle or in a wagon or trailer pulled by a motor vehicle or in a truck or the back of a truck without having such animal reasonably secured so as to prevent the animal from leaping or being thrown from the vehicle or in such a way as to cause pain, suffering, unreasonable discomfort or death to the animal.
Carolina Glockers #513
davis513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 19:25   #4
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

You can carry children around legally in the bed of a pickup truck all day long, the only catch is that if they're under 12 they have to be supervised. 20-135.2B(a) I've always found that amusing since if they're in the passenger compartment they have to be restrained.

There is nothing in state law that is dog-specific, but if the dog jumps out and causes a wreck, I suppose you could be charged with failing to secure your load, 20-116(g).
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote