SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-05-2007, 17:27   #1
Dtrain323i

Send a message via AIM to Dtrain323i
Question about drug tests

I got a job offer and it's contingent on a drug test. Now, I dont do drugs of any kind. I've never tried weed, nothing. My neighbor however smokes a LOT. He smokes enough that while walking up to my door, you can smell the weed through his front door. (I live in an appt. complex) Will I test positive for MJ because I smelled it? Or do I actually have to take a hit to have it in my system?

The Weapons:
P226
SKS
G20
Dtrain323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 20:57   #2
TraumaOne

If you truly have not smoked MJ in the last 2-4 weeks you will not have an issue. Period....... ~if~ trace amounts show up in your test, typicaly a GCMS will be done to determine the amount you smoke. Second hand smoke should not even elicit a positive hit on a standard five panel immunoassay (piss test).

Now pick some better places to hang out! Surelly you can find a crack house nearby as that can clear in 24-48 hrs post use, lol.

I swear, these 5 panel tests weed out only the hardcore dope fiends that simply cannot go a day or two without getting high.

Last edited by TraumaOne; 07-05-2007 at 21:03..
TraumaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 21:27   #3
Dtrain323i

haha unfortunately,I LIVE next to the guy so I dont have a real choice in the matter. But hearing that takes a weight off my chest

The Weapons:
P226
SKS
G20
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01   #4
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

One of the folks that administer drug tests told us that second hand smoke of marijuana doesn't show up on tests.
RyanNREMTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58   #5
gloxter

Here's the scoop...

First, stay the h*ll away from your nieghbor.

Second, be VERY prepared to discuss, at length, your association with ANYONE who has done drugs in your presence. You'll likely be asked about it in a background packet. Don't lie. DO NOT LIE! Catch my drift?

It's better to explain to the investigator the truth about any associations, experiences, or knowledge you or someone you know of, that has done, or continues to use.

Think of it this way, it'd be better to be let go because you told the truth, than to be two weeks into an academy and be fired because they decided to go knocking on your neighbors doors asking about what kind of neighbor you are. If you're fired from a fire job, it's going to be even more difficult to get a job w/ another agency.

"Oh, yeah, Joe...(cough, cough bong in hand)we watch Days of Our Lives together every day". Not the people you want your background investigator finding out about, but be prepared to discuss it anyhow.

Best of luck. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

-gloxter
gloxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28   #6
Dtrain323i

I'm moving out next month so I wont have to worry about him much longer. I dont associate with my neighbor at all, hell I dont talk to ANYBODY in my building. My background and polygraph are all done so it's a piss test then a starting date. I did the piss test on monday so i should know either today or tomorrow.

The Weapons:
P226
SKS
G20