Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-06-2007, 20:14   #1
Teslaus

Send a message via AIM to Teslaus Send a message via Yahoo to Teslaus

Trigger weight?

Hey all,

What do you guys & gals have & suggest for a trigger weight pull for your Glocks? I'm thinking of grabbing a G19 at the LE/MIL discount rate cause of my profession & want to install night sights & a lighter trigger! I saw a 3.5lb trigger weight at http://ghostinc.com/category/35_rocket/ & I'm thinking of switching one out & getting that quicker shot placement.

Anyone think there is better gear out there other than Ghost? What about night sights? I know Mepro & Trijicon care pretty popular but what's the difference? Please let me know, I'm just dying to buy Glock gear now that I got my re-enlistment bonus. 15K for 6yrs.... Was it worth it??? MAN I hope so.. jk! Thanks everyone & keep on Glocking!
I've served my time in Hell."

-Anonymous
Glock 17 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
H&K USPc .45 LEM
H&K P2000 V2 9mm - LEM
Beretta 92fs 9mm

Last edited by Teslaus; 07-06-2007 at 20:33..
Teslaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:20   #2
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Re: Trigger weight?

Quote:
Originally posted by Teslaus
Hey all,

What do you guys & gals have & suggest for a trigger weight pull for your Glocks? I'm thinking of grabbing a G19 at the LE/MIL discount rate cause of my profession & want to install night sights & a lighter trigger! I saw a 3.5lb trigger weight at http://ghostinc.com/category/35_rocket/ & I'm thinking of switching one out & getting that quicker shot placement.

Anyone think there is better gear out there other than Ghost? What about night sights? I know Mepro & Trijicon care pretty popular but what's the difference? Please let me know, I'm just dying to buy Glock gear now that I got my re-enlistment bonus. 15K for 6yrs.... Was it worth it??? MAN I hope so.. jk! Thanks everyone & keep on Glocking!
First of all, thanks for your service As far as the re-enlistment bonus. It's done and don't look back.

I agree with the night sights. I use Tru-Glo TFOs. They give a great sight picture in all light from daylight to total darkness.

My Glocks are SD/carry pistols. I like to leave them stock (aside from the night sights) and have no problem with the 5 lb trigger that comes in the LE/Mil discount Glocks.

G19 is a great choice. Enjoy and be safe
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 14:39   #3
Teslaus

Send a message via AIM to Teslaus Send a message via Yahoo to Teslaus

Yea I got the G19 today & am going to fire it later tonight. I'm thinking of changing out the sites on it. The NYPD standard issue is a G19, S&W & a Sig so I'll use my G19 & get used to the grip & firing style so when I hit the academy & start to shoot my dept. issue I'll feel confident in shot placement.

Just don't feel cool about the $100 site price, but the $$$ guarantee's quality right?
I've served my time in Hell."

-Anonymous
Glock 17 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
H&K USPc .45 LEM
H&K P2000 V2 9mm - LEM
Beretta 92fs 9mm
Teslaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 14:59   #4
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Quote:
Originally posted by Teslaus
Yea I got the G19 today & am going to fire it later tonight. I'm thinking of changing out the sites on it. The NYPD standard issue is a G19, S&W & a Sig so I'll use my G19 & get used to the grip & firing style so when I hit the academy & start to shoot my dept. issue I'll feel confident in shot placement.

Just don't feel cool about the $100 site price, but the $$$ guarantee's quality right?
Teslus. I see you're in P.B. Gdns., FL. You're going into the NYPD Academy?

It used to be that you had to purchase your duty weapon from the NYPD Equipment Bureau. Maybe that has changed. Anyway, I think they mandate the NY Trigger. I would suggest you call the Training Division at the Outdoor Range, Rodmans Neck, to see what the requirements are. It might be aq mistake to get and practice with a trigger set up that is not approved. Same with the night sights. I'd see what they allow before I did anything. Anyway, there were times when I was active NYPD that I could have used night sights.

Anyway, good luck.
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote