Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2015, 19:18   #1
Sulfur

Need help to ID a 22 revolver.

My father inlaw has had this pistol for a while and was told it was a training pistol, with poor accuracy (he doesnt shoot much and doesnt know). Any help would be great.

Rimfire Forum
Not the right grips. Any info on replacements would be great!

Rimfire Forum
Made in Germany.

Rimfire Forum
So we know it was NATO. And 22cal would be right for a training type pistol.

Rimfire Forum
Proof Marks?
Sulfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 21:28   #2
DJ Niner

Herbert Schmidt revolver

(The following info is from a page that I cannot link to, due to the rules here and what is on that page; a search for any of the below phrases will probably allow you to find it)

"Herbert Schmidt of Ostheim an der Rhon Germany. Schmidt has marketed firearms under a long list of trade names in Europe and the USA including Deputy Marshal, EIG, E8, PIC, Geroco, Madison, Bison, Omega, RG, AMCO, Spesco, Valor, Liberty, LA's Deputy, Liberty Scout, Deputy Magnum, Deputy Adjuster, NATO, Western, Burgo Mod 21, Gecado Model 21 , Indian Scout, VOL, Eusta, Cheyenne Scout, Texas Scout, and Buffalo Scout. The basic Schmidt pattern was a six-shot double action solid frame revolver, with a swing-out cylinder and a short barrel. Schmidt's other principal pattern was a western-style .22 revolver with either no ejector and a removable cylinder arbor, or with a rod ejector beneath the barrel. All Schmidt revolvers have the maker's name stamped into the lower edge of the butt grip frame, visible when the grips are removed. As with Em-Ge, Schmidt revolvers were also widely sold in the USA before the passing of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Same Gun, Different Name: The German Manufacture Small Frame Single Action is imported under various names including: Hawes, Deputy Marshall, Western Duo, Herters, Buffalo, Texas Scout, Omega, Excam TA-22, HS-21, Geroco Liberty 13, Kimel and Guy Jones, and many others"

-----------------------------

I don't think it was a training revolver; the manufacturer/importer just used "NATO" as a rather strange model name.

Other info at these links:

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10615542

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-511272.html

Last edited by DJ Niner; 03-23-2015 at 21:33..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 20:43   #3
Sulfur

Great info! Thank you very much!
Sulfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 13:39   #4
bac1023

Yeah, there were some pretty cheap revolvers made in Germany over the years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 18:53   #5
Faulkner
Patriot

I have one I bought new in 1982 at a gunshow for $69.99. I've probably fired a zillion rounds through it and it's not any more or less accurate than other similar .22's I have. The finish is worn but it still works flawlessly and there is no telling how much small game I've taken with it.

I replaced the faux stag grips 20 years ago with some used walnut grips that I like better. One of the trademarks of this manufacturer is the squared off trigger guard.

Here is mine pictured on the bottom along with a couple of other 22's, a Uberti SAA on top and a Colt Scout in the middle.

Rimfire Forum

Last edited by Faulkner; 04-19-2015 at 18:54..
Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote