SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-02-2007, 13:49   #1
Teslaus

Send a message via AIM to Teslaus Send a message via Yahoo to Teslaus

WPB Gun show July 7th & 8th

Anyone know any info about this show? i.e. where will it be held, is there an entrance fee, what are the opening/closing times, what is the process of buying a gun there, etc? Thanks in advance
I've served my time in Hell."

-Anonymous
Glock 17 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
H&K USPc .45 LEM
H&K P2000 V2 9mm - LEM
Beretta 92fs 9mm
Teslaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 14:03   #2
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Re: WPB Gun show July 7th & 8th

Quote:
Originally posted by Teslaus
Anyone know any info about this show? i.e. where will it be held, is there an entrance fee, what are the opening/closing times, what is the process of buying a gun there, etc? Thanks in advance
Here's a link to the South Florida Expo Center/Fairgrounds that will give you location, time and entree fee:

http://www.southfloridafair.com/

Buying a gun there from a dealer is just like any other dealer transaction. 3 day wait unless you have a CCW permit, then no wait. FTF transactions can only be done off premises.

I'll be there Sat morning
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 14:46   #3
Court in FL.

South Florida Fairgrounds.

Just off Southern Blvd, about 1/4 mile East of State Road 7.

Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Admission is $7.00 for Adults, 12 and under, free.
Expo West. Enter Gate 12.
FREE PARKING.

I will have a table there with some AR stuff & handguns.

Court in FL.
Court in FL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 19:51   #4
Passafist

Has anyone ever traveled out of their local area to other Florida gun shows? Is a gun show in one location bigger and better than in another or are they all the same? Where is the BEST gun show in Florida held at?

Thanks.

"Florida Glockers Club" #5150
"TOP GUNS 357SIG Club" #5150
Passafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 20:01   #5
Lowell

i always go to the Fort Laud and Miami shows, and went to the last WPB show for the first time;
If i were to rate them, I vote Miami -8/Fort Laud-7/West Palm-7, in that order, with Fort Laud being just a bit better than WPB.
No perfect 10's that I've ever tripped over so far.
Old 07-03-2007, 17:28   #6
legion3

Lakeland Rifle and Pistol club shows are the big two room shows at the Lakeland Center...they claim about 650 tables but basically its two full size civic center type rooms.

http://www.lrpc.org/about_club.html

They have 3 shows a year, these shows bring out different people and the collectors. Next is the 3rd weekend of September

It used to be the premier show in Florida...but no gunshows are what they used to be.

other links:

http://www.suncoastgunshows.com/

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/florida_gun_shows.htm

http://www.buymilsurp.com/gunshows.html
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:13   #7
hammerheadtib

I'm going to the show this weekend. This will be my first show and I'll be looking for my first gun. Also I just went to Gater Gun off of okeechobee and the guy was pretty cool. But the price seemed way to high. 599.99 for a Glock 19
hammerheadtib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:01   #8
rich52us

Quote:
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
I'm going to the show this weekend. This will be my first show and I'll be looking for my first gun. Also I just went to Gater Gun off of okeechobee and the guy was pretty cool. But the price seemed way to high. 599.99 for a Glock 19
Gator has a reputation for high prices.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:54   #9
Gmountain

It cost's $7 or $8 to get in to the WPB show. Parking is free, unlike the Ft. Lauderdale show where they rip you off on parking.

West Palm is usually pretty good. Best prices are from Florida Gun Exchange.

Ft. Lauderdale is different, get's a couple of different vendors, but I don't like it as much.It's more crowded, and there are more non-gun junk sellers.

Ft. Pierce is a disaster. Whatever you do, don't waste you money there. Same with Okeechobee, although they haven't had one there in a while. Melbourne was small and had limited choices. I wouldn't go back.

Far and away the best gun show I've ever been to has been Lakeland.

You must come prepared though. Do your research and know your prices before you walk in. If not, you will be like a lamb led to the slaughter. Don't expect to get smoking deals-sometimes you can, but it is rare and takes luck.

There are some dealers there-the guy selling NCStar scopes-that actually has lower prices on his own website than he advertises at the show. By the way, do not buy NCStar scopes, because they are garbage.

Bring cash. If you hope to negotiate with someone, you must do it in cash. Don't insult the dealers by offering a price that is too low. They won't bite-they have to make money also. Know your stuff before you walk in. Did I say that?

Another strategy is to look around, go home, do the research, and go back.

Gun shows are fun, because you can handle a lot of guns, get accessories (I do that) and sometimes get good things.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:01   #10
rich52us

Quote:
Originally posted by Gmountain
It cost's $7 or $8 to get in to the WPB show. Parking is free, unlike the Ft. Lauderdale show where they rip you off on parking.

West Palm is usually pretty good. Best prices are from Florida Gun Exchange.

Ft. Lauderdale is different, get's a couple of different vendors, but I don't like it as much.It's more crowded, and there are more non-gun junk sellers.

Ft. Pierce is a disaster. Whatever you do, don't waste you money there. Same with Okeechobee, although they haven't had one there in a while. Melbourne was small and had limited choices. I wouldn't go back.

Far and away the best gun show I've ever been to has been Lakeland.

You must come prepared though. Do your research and know your prices before you walk in. If not, you will be like a lamb led to the slaughter. Don't expect to get smoking deals-sometimes you can, but it is rare and takes luck.

There are some dealers there-the guy selling NCStar scopes-that actually has lower prices on his own website than he advertises at the show. By the way, do not buy NCStar scopes, because they are garbage.

Bring cash. If you hope to negotiate with someone, you must do it in cash. Don't insult the dealers by offering a price that is too low. They won't bite-they have to make money also. Know your stuff before you walk in. Did I say that?

Another strategy is to look around, go home, do the research, and go back.

Gun shows are fun, because you can handle a lot of guns, get accessories (I do that) and sometimes get good things.
Nice report Gmountain. I pretty much agree. I haven't been to the Lakeland show, but I will have to try it. I pretty much agree on the others. The entry fee at WPB is $7. There's also the Miami show. It seems about like the Ft. Laud show, with most of the same vendors ( I think it was better when it used to be at Coconut Grove). The only thing about the Miami & Ft. Laud shows is that Georgia Arms ammo attend them, and I like their ammo. For some reason, Georgia Arms doesn't go to WPB. I also hate paying for parking. I love the WPB shows
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53   #11
legion3

Also the good thing about the Lakeland Show (s) Suncoast or the Rifle and Pistol Club is that Polk County has no silly laws (currently)on private sales.

Different counties have different laws on private sales, Lakeland no issues on private sales - handguns or other...
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08   #12
edbird45

I live in the WPB area and have been to the WPB show dozens of times. It's been a real education.

Good advice from GMountain. I went to a C&R show at Lakeland a few years back at the downtown Lakeland Center, it was huge and great fun, but as always, scammers abound. You have to know what you're doing, or as GM said, lambs to the slaughter.

Gator is famous for outrageous prices and even more outrageous attitudes. You should be able to buy a Glock 19 at the WPB gun show from Florida Gun Exchange or from Weapons Unlimited for about $475 or less before tax and fees. OF course experience is a great teacher, so is going to the show with a "pro" who's been around the tables, a few times. Some of the smaller vendors can have either the highest or the lowest prices, they're all different. Some make you just shake your head and walk away.....old beater Glocks selling for the same or higher prices as a brand new one from FGE next table over, for example.

Magazines are another story, there are some really over priced magazine sellers at that show, but occasionally a vendor with good prices shows up. Same with ammo, although of course all ammo is high now. Buyer beware.

Last, a free plug, seek out "Court in FL"'s table up front right behind the Glock armorer, he's a nice guy with very fair prices for everything he sells. I and several of my friends (who are really hard-assed about prices) have done business with him and are very satisfied.

Good luck. I'll be on the road this weekend and will miss the show.

edbird45
edbird45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09   #13
edbird45

Oh yea, forgot, as GM says, those cheap scopes at the show are a waste of money....
edbird45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 15:10   #14
noway

Court you plan on having any 45auto M&P smiths? I'm shooting at the PBSO range down the way and might stop in after the range to see what's around.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 16:23   #15
Court in FL.

No S&W .45's this time.

Should have some Armscorp 1911's, Sig 226, S&W M39, S&W M10 and maybe some Sig 225 and if they come in before Saturday some LMT AR rifles.
5 makes of AR receivers, AK receivers and some AR 10 receivers.

See you at the show.

Court in FL.
Court in FL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 21:16   #16
hammerheadtib

Should I have cash....I was only planning on bringing my discover card.
Old 07-04-2007, 21:26   #17
Teslaus

Send a message via AIM to Teslaus Send a message via Yahoo to Teslaus

I'm gonna bring about a grand with me & have my Visa as back up! Might sound like a dumb question, but are we allowed to carry inside there? I probably answered my own question, but you never know!
Teslaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 22:20   #18
hammerheadtib

I read that if you do carry the gun has to have no clip in it. Also I read that at one of the other shows they put a zip tie inside the barrel
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05   #19
Gmountain

Quote:
Originally posted by hammerheadtib
Should I have cash....I was only planning on bringing my discover card.
Cash. If you want deals, it's cash. Some even charge more for cards.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:07   #20
Gmountain

Quote:
Originally posted by Teslaus
I'm gonna bring about a grand with me & have my Visa as back up! Might sound like a dumb question, but are we allowed to carry inside there? I probably answered my own question, but you never know!
Carry is not prohibited by law.

There are signs out front that says no concealed firearms, and they have a cop at the door to intimidate you, but, of course, they can't search you.

FWIW, I just leave my gun in the car.