Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2007, 23:20   #1
vhin524

which would you choose?

hi guys... decided to post here to have your opinions.... been a long time glocktalk member..

here's my question..which would you choose for general all-around use?...a paraord p13 or a Glock 19? planning on buying a glock19.... but i have a friend who is selling a nearly new P13 for only about 45k...small price difference with a new G19.... made me think twice on buying the glock 19...hhhmmmm

what do you think?
vhin524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 23:44   #2
vega

Re: which would you choose?

Quote:
Originally posted by vhin524
...small price difference with a new G19....
Di ba nasa P30-32 na lang ang NIB Glock diyan?
You opened up a can of worms, mahabang discussion yan pero sa G19 ako. For the simple reason that 1911 does not appeal too much for me. I know a lot of shooters are old school and will choose 1911 dahil maganda bihisan.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 23:50   #3
binoy

Quote:
hi guys... decided to post here to have your opinions.... been a long time glocktalk member..

here's my question..which would you choose for general all-around use?...a paraord p13 or a Glock 19? planning on buying a glock19.... but i have a friend who is selling a nearly new P13 for only about 45k...small price difference with a new G19.... made me think twice on buying the glock 19...hhhmmmm

what do you think?
Get the g19 and tell us your friends' contact info
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04   #4
New_comer

Quote:

what do you think?
Not everyday that you can buy a great product for cheap...

The omnipresent Glock will always be cheaper than the para, which goes for 70th++

Get the 1911. Especially if you'd have two or three extra mags to go with it. Mahal ang sa Para, nasa 4-5th ata

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:35   #5
isuzu

I'd go for the Glock 19. I got turned off with Para Ords when I saw my gunsmith checkering a Para Pistol. There were lots of what he called "blow holes" on the frame. He said this is very common with Para Frames. IMO, the Armscor frames are better than Para frames. Never seen casting imperfections on a lot of pistols that my gunsmith worked on.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50   #6
TTPower

Send a message via Yahoo to TTPower
dude simple lang yan......get the para! if u dont like it..... sell it at a higher price then buy the glock19! may extra cash ka pa!!!
TTPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 17:36   #7
revo

Quote:

a paraord p13 or a Glock 19?
Pare naman, you had to ask the question here.

If two hot chicks presented themselves to you, what is your response ?

Of course, there can only one answer - get BOTH !!

revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 18:24   #8
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

We will all keep this family friendly, yes?

Frankly if two hot chicks presented themselves to me,
I'd carry them both to a cool, shaded enclosure,
and go find the hen that lost track of them.

*rimshot*

Get the Glock, and an Armscor to stand in for the Para.
Just me, and YMMV.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111

Last edited by horge; 07-15-2007 at 18:30..
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 18:25   #9
XXXyzledge

Send a message via Yahoo to XXXyzledge
Re: Re: which would you choose?

Quote:
Originally posted by revo
Pare naman, you had to ask the question here.

If two hot chicks presented themselves to you, what is your response ?

Of course, there can only one answer - get BOTH !!

i like this option!
hehehehehehe............
Old 07-16-2007, 05:49   #10
Hermo Gut

Quote:

what do you think?
For me I'll get the P13. You can get a Glock 19 later maybe for a cheaper price (27~30K slightly used, minsan brand new pa) while the Para mas mahal price kahit 2nd hand (dito sa Pinas). Keep the P13 stock, resale value nya is better (.45cal. stopping power pa, basta tatama ).
BOG #941
Heckler and Koch Club #50
"There are only two ways to live your life.One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein -
Hermo Gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03   #11
atmarcella

if you decide on the g19 try the steyr m9 first sa weapons system corp.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:11   #12
vhin524

thanks guys for all your help... my friend gave me a better option....IMHO.... When we were in the last gunshow looking around he asked me.. pre why dont you just buy an armscor .40 and ill sell you all my extra parts tingin mo? Offered me all his extra 1911 parts: bull barrel, hammer, sear and trigger for 10k (all STI BTW )... and I said well... ok... hehehe... having a .40 seemed nice all of a sudden... what do you think guys???

vhin524

Last edited by vhin524; 07-17-2007 at 09:13..
Old 07-17-2007, 10:06   #13
New_comer

Map papa-gunsmith ka nyan. 26th sa baril, 10k sa parts, baka ganun din sa paretoke at tuning... aabot ka ng 40th, wala pang lisensya, di pa Para...

Parang talo ka yata Mag Steyr ka na nga lang, 30T lang ata sa WSC, negro din parang glock

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23   #14
vhin524

hhhmmm.... you have a point pero lets say na abutin nga ng mga 42k.... a friend who works in a gunstore is offering me a package of G19 all in inc papers for 36k brand new... do you think that its better than having a hicap 1911 with STI internals???
Old 07-17-2007, 23:58   #15
New_comer

Quote:
hhhmmm.... you have a point pero lets say na abutin nga ng mga 42k.... a friend who works in a gunstore is offering me a package of G19 all in inc papers for 36k brand new... do you think that its better than having a hicap 1911 with STI internals???
I've never really been a Glock fan. Pero sa prospect on having to shower expensive TLC on a brand new gun does not sit well with me.

For me, the Glock is the better option. Plug 'n play na kasi kumbaga... and the primary reason you're buying one, diba? Pang all-around use 'ikamo... Pang IPSC, carry, home defense, plinking, resistant sa pawis at kalawang...

Kahit sa ilalim ng tubig, pwede pa ata iputok

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

- Frank Zappa
Old 07-18-2007, 02:06   #16
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
One unseen cost is the transpo and expenses you'd incur going back and forth to the gunsmith and the very rare eventuallity of your gunsmith being a tubero and wreck havoc on your gun instead of fixing it.

There is no price enough to pay for your agony and anger.

Quote:
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02   #17
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by TTPower
dude simple lang yan......get the para! if u dont like it..... sell it at a higher price then buy the glock19! may extra cash ka pa!!!
+1
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 19:46   #18
vhin524

well, my friend eventually had second thoughts on sellinghis p13... maybe he saw the price at thegunshow... will settle now with the g19.... maybe eventually i'll end up having both... hehehe.... in time.....