Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:00   #1
K.C. Dia

New Food Network show, Simply Delicioso

Did anyone else watch the new FNW show called Simply Delicioso, starring Ingrid Hoffmann. At first, I though she had a fake hispanic accent, but later found out that she is Columbian and has several shows on Spanish Networks. So much for the fake accent, but you have to admit that "Ingrid Hoffmann" doesn't exactly sound hispanic. At least I learned how to pronounce chipotle. It looks like the cameras are going to focus on her lungs, like they do with Giada, which I find distracting, but I guess that it raises the ratings with males. I watched it because I was interested in the Chipotle Tamale Pie, but it looked pretty bad. It wasn't even made with masa, but rather with corn bread mix! A little too semi-homemade for me. She even pulled out napkins with little starfish attached, ala Sandra Lee. Its too early, but I don't think that it will get two thumbs up.
K.C. Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 23:18   #2
Passafist

I do apologize. I used to watch Food Finds now I only watch Good Eats.

"Florida Glockers Club" #5150
"TOP GUNS 357SIG Club" #5150
Passafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 14:18   #3
K.C. Dia

Second show was slightly better than the first, but that's not saying much. She made a chicken breast-onion dish with lots of lemon juice added at the end that looked o.k. I think I am going to be correct about the camera angles. The jury is still out.
K.C. Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:26   #4
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

I don't get cable or satellite TV, but do watch the Food Network when I am traveling. But since Simply Delicioco is on Saturday mornings, it is VERY unlikely I will ever see it.

She looks like a Hispanic Ray Ray clone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 20:53   #5
Sundog
Thread Killer

I've watched her show a couple of times. I can take it or leave it. I lived in Miami a few years and her show reminds me too much of that miserable time in my life

As far as usable techniques and recipes, the wife and I agree that Giada, Ina and Sandra Lee's shows are all useful. Especially Giada

However, my absolute favorite show to watch is Good Eats. Alton Brown is able to make any food more interesting. The episodes on squid and sushi were particularly cool. I also like his show Feasting on Asphalt.
Sundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43   #6
jason10mm
NRA-GOA-TSRA

Alton is nice to watch because his background in production makes the show visually interesting and his scientific approach is geared to my mind

Ingrid's recipies seemed ok, a little too fluffy, as I prefer either cultural classics or "simple but good" approaches. Her wardrobe will probably be most of the draw, which isn't such a bad thing. A lackluster show by Emril Lagazzi would much more enjoyable if he was a bikini clad supermodel :P
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote