Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:52   #1
dmccorki

Shooters buying Gilberts?

Latest rumor in the gun shops is that the owners of Shooters Paradise has a deal to acquire Gilberts. Owners of Gilberts and other long time employees to stay on at Gilberts.
dmccorki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:13   #2
mouser
CLM Number 94
Charter Lifetime Member

Interesting rumor!
Does this mean that the rumor of Shooter's having issues with the shopping center management re: the range re-opening is true?

Self defense is THE most fundamental human right.
mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:43   #3
dmccorki

do not know any details. when i did my weekly visit to the gun shops in manassas to see what was for sale, the gilberts rumor was the topic of interest.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50   #4
vafish

I talked to one of the instructors from Shooters on Saturday, he didn't mention anything about the purchase of Gilberts, just that they were rebuilding and it was taking longer than expected.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:33   #5
novaDAK

Well I'm just hoping it's just a rumor. please keep us updated if anyone hears any news
novaDAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 17:01   #6
rogerbb

Gilberts

I am sure I would not like Shooters to buy Gilberts.

Gilberts is open all the time to members, Shooters was not.

I have always been made to feel welcome at Gilberts.
rogerbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 13:46   #7
dmccorki

Latest is the Gilberts has been sold but not to Shooters. Shooters still having issues with its landlord. This rumor from one of Gilberts regular customers. Just passing along the info as it surfaces at the ranges.
Old 07-20-2007, 15:04   #8
rogerbb

Sold

Quote:
Originally posted by dmccorki
Latest is the Gilberts has been sold but not to Shooters. Shooters still having issues with its landlord. This rumor from one of Gilberts regular customers. Just passing along the info as it surfaces at the ranges.
So what is the deal with Gilberts? I injured my hand and haven't been there for a few weeks.

Anybody know?
Old 07-20-2007, 22:41   #9
Carlitos

Quote:
Originally posted by novaDAK
Well I'm just hoping it's just a rumor. please keep us updated if anyone hears any news
Well I don't quite know what you mean by that. I worked at Shooters under the previous owner and I helped out after they transitioned to Coastal. Through the transition, Coastal kept just about everyone on board who wanted to stay. Coastal also treated the competition programs VERY well. The other groups that trained at Shooters were happy as far as I know. There would be NO reason to think they would not be just as generous if they bought Gilberts.

And speaking of Gilberts, we always got along great with them - regardless of who the owner of Shooters was. If we did not have a gun or other item, we often referred customers to Gilberts and them to us. Back when I ran the competition program at Shooters, I remember Gilberts saving my bacon by giving me some truly needed USPSA targets - and refusing to accept payment! Tim & the Gilberts crew were becoming regulars at our 3gun shoots too - along with the VA arms crew.

Those of you who seem to hate Shooters - well you got your wish. Its been gone for months now and it looks like a few more at least until they reopen. I hope you are happy now. Good people - my friends - are out of work. One of VA's more productive CCW instructors, VCDL's Bruce Jackson, is unable to certify as many new CCW holders every weekend. Other ranges are even more overcrowded and I'm sure many newbies have simply concluded "why bother?" You can't see a problem in all this? As I said, you got your wish. I hope you are happy now that Shooters is closed.

Think what you want. I for one always felt that the fire was a big loss for all of the N. Va shooting community and especially for the dedicated group of competition shooters that came to our shoots month after month. We volunteered a lot of time and I'd like to think it was worth it. If there's any way possible in the future, we'll be back. For those who don't hold some old grudge and who don't hate Shooters, we'll see you on the range.

D.C. Johnson
TY-44934

-Mahatma Gandhi

Call the anti-gun, "Violence Policy Center" shill group, "American Hunters & Shooters Assoc." and tell them to go to heck! (202) 315-3370
Carlitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55   #10
novaDAK

I was just at Gilbert's last week. Talked to Tim and he said that the rumors are BS.

So that makes me very happy
novaDAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:57   #11
rogerbb

pleased

Quote:
Originally posted by novaDAK
I was just at Gilbert's last week. Talked to Tim and he said that the rumors are BS.

So that makes me very happy
I hope to go to Gilberts Monday as long as my hand is doing better. I am glad to hear it will be the same old place.

As for the other person posting about hating shooters and getting a wish it burned down that is a pretty far out response simply because some people like Gilberts better and don't want it to change. I am sorry but my experiences at Shooters were not positive but with that said I am just one guy who only went there three or four times. Since Shooters was always busy I suppose I was just unlucky. I didn't come to the forum to bash them, just an honest response to the subject thread.
Old 08-01-2007, 15:39   #12
sigpro357

I'll tell you the problem with Shooter's. It was overcrowded for one. Number two their prices were through the roof. Number three they had quite a few Ghetto thugs in there. Number four having an AR-15 firing on the line next to you whilst your trying to shoot a handgun becomes annoying and distracting. I didn't want to see the place burn down. But with the way people acted there I knew it was only a matter of time.
sigpro357 is offline   Reply With Quote