Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-24-2007, 15:04   #1
VBG23

Hampton Roads

I am trying to psych myself into buying a new Remington 870 Express and am looking for "practical" purposes to justify it to the significant other since HD isn't a valid enough excuse. Is anyone aware of any public ranges that offer skeet/trap shooting in the Hampton Roads area? I have seen signs for the range on Oceana but I dont know if that is open to the public and/or still open at all. I usually shoot at A&P over at Lynnhaven, so I know I can kill some paper there but anyone have any other suggestions on where to use the new toy?
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.
VBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 18:28   #2
Dan0076
Special Member

Norfolk County Rifle Range (a private range in northern Chesapeake) has a trap range. They also hold a tactical shotgun match once a month during the summer months.

See the link at the bottom of my post.

Good Luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Dan0076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 15:51   #3
Gregw/aGlock
NRA Member

I called the range on Oceana, and the voicemail said that they were closed indefinitely due to "heightened security concerns." Hopefully, they will reopen.

Seems like I recall that there is a range in Pungo, that used to be owned by A&P but is now an independent operation - can't recall the name now - but I think they had skeet/trap....
Ruger LCP
Beretta 950BS
Gregw/aGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 17:31   #4
VBG23

Thanks for the replies, I got the same response for Oceana. I wanted to look into the hunting opportunities on base but I would venture to guess that that too is a security risk. I did hear about the range in Pungo but I was told it closed recently. I believe it fell victim to the "concerned citizens" that also ran the VBPD shooting range out of Creeds
I did go out and bring home a new 870 Express Magnum that is currently bedside waiting on its first trip to the range on monday. That was my first gun purchase in quite a while and I am starting to get that itch again, you know the feeling. Now it needs the 24" barrel so I can try some hunting and all the other toys that a new purchase makes possible.
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.
VBG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 20:24   #5
Auburn
WAR EAGLE!

Lafayette Guyn Club in Yorktown has a good trap/ skeet range. www.4lgc.com.
Auburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 22:19   #6
Jerseycitysteve

Re: Hampton Roads

Quote:
Originally posted by VBG23
I am trying to psych myself into buying a new Remington 870 Express and am looking for "practical" purposes to justify it to the significant other since HD isn't a valid enough excuse. Is anyone aware of any public ranges that offer skeet/trap shooting in the Hampton Roads area? I have seen signs for the range on Oceana but I dont know if that is open to the public and/or still open at all. I usually shoot at A&P over at Lynnhaven, so I know I can kill some paper there but anyone have any other suggestions on where to use the new toy?
http://www.ncrr.net/

You are welcome!
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote