SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2007, 20:30   #1
Stainless Chili
Very concerned

Finally made it to TargetMaster ...

I've heard about it, planned repeatedly to visit, and today, took the back way from Wilmington to Delaware County because of the construction on 95N ...

and what do I pass on 202N [Concord Road, I think] ??

Yep, a reputedly good gun shop.

And it is a great shop. Many feet of pistol display cases. Loads of rental guns.
Excellent staff that treated me fairly. I finally got to feel the trigger on a DAK P229 with the SAS carry treatment [I asked first before dry firing the pistol.

Made a friend who has an 1100 for sale [I am looking for a 20 gauge semiauto for skeet].

A relaxing half hour after a busy day selling HVAC.

And a pleasant way to drive home. I gotta learn the back roads a little better!

Thumbs up for Targetmaster.

And I happened upon another decent shop in Bucks County a few days ago, but I didn't catch the name or the name of the road. I'll try to start writing these things down, to share ...

And I found a gun and coin shop in southern Delaware a few months ago, out in the middle of the farmland, adjacent to a tiny town ... another one to share at some point ...
Stainless Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22   #2
jthuang
On The Jazz

Send a message via AIM to jthuang Send a message via Yahoo to jthuang
They rent full autos as well.

PS back way from Wilmington? I guess you took Route 202 to Route 1 North ... don't recall where the construction is on I95 but you can always go back towards 95 on 322 (from Route 1) if the construction is below the Commodore Barry.
Old 07-24-2007, 18:55   #3
bac1023

I've been there several times. It is a great shop.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:46   #4
stricky
Unknown to Me

I shoot there when the weather is not nice.

Their prices are high compaired to other local shops. The sales people are a little burned out by all the questions they get. I guess it goes with the territory... these shops get so many questions from people that will never buy anything. One guy was getting so frustrated with someone that called for directions he kept putting her/him on hold and pounding the phone on the counter.

The rental program is great and the range officers have always been very nice.

Has anyone taken their classes?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02   #5
dgg9

Quote:
Originally posted by stricky
A novice friend of mine took the 4 classes. From his description, I would say they're pretty good beginner classes. Of course, like a lot of Podunk ranges, the instructor there has an absurd sense of self importance, and NIH is the prevailing rule. For laughs, I wanted to take the #4 class (still a beginner's class, really) in the sequence along with my friend, and was informed I could not do so without taking his and only his classes 1,2,3.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 16:56   #6
HNS
CLM Number 78
Charter Lifetime Member

The classes were good. They covered most of what people need to know. The lead instructor is VERY pro gun and has been a LE for many years, and still active in SWAT in the area. While the truly advanced tactics are not offered, everything you need for daily carry is covered and explained. The adjunct instructors are also current or past LE and all with advanced training. Over all I was pleased and would recommend the classes to anyone new to guns.
HNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 21:03   #7
true believer

Quote:
Originally posted by stricky
I shoot there when the weather is not nice.

Their prices are high compaired to other local shops. The sales people are a little burned out by all the questions they get. I guess it goes with the territory... these shops get so many questions from people that will never buy anything. One guy was getting so frustrated with someone that called for directions he kept putting her/him on hold and pounding the phone on the counter.

The rental program is great and the range officers have always been very nice.

every gun i bought from then was cheaper then other gun shops and a big plus, they have them in stock...a lot of smaller shops always say we should have the gun in 2 to 4 weeks...
me, i'll stick to targetmaster..

bob
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36   #8
orangehole

Targetmaster is ok but I don't find their prices all that great. Still much better deals to be had on the net through a local FFL. No sales tax is paid which can be a decent chunk of cash on a high priced firearm. I use Targetmaster's range because I live close to them.
PA Glocker #217
orangehole is offline   Reply With Quote