pls bring gear na rin if possible
call gina at 9414265 for additional details
or email bob sajot at asrimain@pldtdsl.net
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06   #2
napinap

tagaykoyan,

thanx for the info.

also noob question,ano bang bare minumum gear na dapat dalahin. kailangan bang idpa-approved holster/mags?
napinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:02   #3
Eye Cutter

IDPA Tips

Before any of you attend the idpa seminar, it is presumed that you already know by heart the basics of marksmanship and safe firearm handling!

It is also presumed that you are very familiar with your firearm of choice and its operation.

If you are confident that you can safely handle your loaded firearm in a high stress environment and situation, then go ahead and attend the seminar.

otherwise, i suggest that you enroll in basic firearms training first!

Some tips:

Bring your gear that you think is suitable for Daily Concealed Carry on your person.

Although inside the waist holsters are approved for idpa, it will be easier if you have an outside the waist holster to use during the seminar.

Belt: bring a thick and sturdy gun belt, leather or nylon. It should support the weight of the loaded pistol and your magazines. Local or imported. Examples are the wilderness, blackhawk, specter, Eagle, etc. or locally manufactured gun belts from magnificent, lordman, etc. in marikina or crame. The ipsc competition nylon belts like the cr speed and jr speed belts are also good for idpa use bec. these are thick and don't bend with your gear's weight.

Holster and mag pouches: Holsters and mag pouches are your personal preferences. Leather or kydex. Double or single mag pouches.
The OWB holsters are preferred, straight drop and not the forward cant holsters. There is a tendency for the muzzle to point uprange when drawing from a forward cant holster.

Your pistol and at least 3 magazines. For revolvers, bring at least 3 speed loaders and pouches.

Although IDPA let's you load only 10 rds max, there is a different group that is allowing hi-cap pistols and mags for idpa style competition. I can't find the website for it, but i already mentioned that to Bob Sajot and Maj. Jun Tuliao since last year to attract more firearms owners to try idpa.

In our experience, most firearms owners want to simulate tactically sound courses of fire but also want to shoot more rounds than what curent IDPA stages offer. That is basically what i think is keeping majority of firearms owners from participating in idpa matches.

Think about it, paying 500 pesos to shoot 5 stages with less than 60 rds of ammo! Bitin!

Anyway, the objective is to learn new techniques so enjoy the seminar!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04   #4
tagaykoyan

Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
i agree 100%. actually even before you purchase a firearm you should be already familiar with these things (that's the logic behind the gun safety seminar).

mr. sajot told me that he'll ask somebody (forgot the name, i think its a shop) to bring accessories so newbies can borrow them. thats why we are attending the seminar di ba, we want to know first what's IDPA legal stuff before we buy.
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16   #5
batangueno
Shock Resist

Si Doc, nag champion yan sa lahat ng classification from novice hanggang master.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:33   #6
glockaddict

Send a message via AIM to glockaddict Send a message via Yahoo to glockaddict
Sir tagaykoyan: Thanks for the information. I would like to attend the seminar but I'll be busy that weekend. I am always open to learning different methods of teaching. Maybe, I can attend another seminar when the BOGs go again in the near future.

Sir napinap: Sir Eye Cutter has some good tips. May I also suggest looking at IDPA's rule book at http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf The rule book show pictures of approved IDPA holsters and magazine carriers, gun, and ammunition requirements. Don't forget to bring a concealment garment.

Sir Eye Cutter: I think many factors contribute as to why IDPA stages are limited to 5-7 stages in local matches especially Stateside. Some may include the following: (a) It takes around 2 1/2 to 3 hours to run 35-45 shooters through a typical match (b) The weather can be a factor. In the desert, the temperature can go up to 115 degrees F by mid morning in the summer time. So matches start early like around 8:00 a.m. (c) Many short monthly matches are better for training retention than one long match that is held every quarter or more (d) It might be a cultural thing. Americans do not socialize as much as Filipinos before and after the match. Many arrive right before the match, shoot, and leave right after the match. However, in state and national championhips, there are usually 12-18 stages, shooting around 200 rounds, and a lot of socializing.
BOG #500
ASAWA'S HERO #1
glockaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 16:12   #7
Eye Cutter

kaya nga sila bob puro certificate na lang binigay sa atin di ba! hinahakot ng bogs mga trophies!

masaya mag idpa lalo na pag marami kayo! kantyawan and feeling ninyo si Mr. Bond 007 kayo!
Old 08-07-2007, 23:22   #8
chocoboy

Aug 19? Di ba Aug 18?
chocoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:12   #9
casmot
Re membered

Re: IDPA Tips

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Although IDPA let's you load only 10 rds max, there is a different group that is allowing hi-cap pistols and mags for idpa style competition. I can't find the website for it, but i already mentioned that to Bob Sajot and Maj. Jun Tuliao since last year to attract more firearms owners to try idpa.
Here's the website of Tactical Shooting Association
Old 08-11-2007, 23:20   #10
theTactician

some people believe that IDPA is better than IPSC, some believe otherwise. Some people who are in IDPA like myself, think of it not as training but as a competition like IPSC. yes, it is more fun, but then so many rules to follow and in the u.s. they're very strict about it. break 1 rule and you'll be sent home without finishing the entire course.
its fun, its supposed to be fun. just dont take it too seriously though. speed and accuracy and timing is of the essence.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:04   #11
Allegra

Quote:
Originally posted by theTactician
some people believe that IDPA is better than IPSC, some believe otherwise. Some people who are in IDPA like myself, think of it not as training but as a competition like IPSC. yes, it is more fun, but then so many rules to follow and in the u.s. they're very strict about it. break 1 rule and you'll be sent home without finishing the entire course.
its fun, its supposed to be fun. just dont take it too seriously though. speed and accuracy and timing is of the essence.
Let's forget about tactics,gunhandling and shooting skill for a moment
I've talked to military /LEOs , LG officials and the not o lawful persons
Gunhandling and tactics were secondary
The biggest prob ws shootng straight at human targets
Ever wonder why salvage victims are blindfolded ans shot in the back of the head?
Kasi unless the executioner is a psychopath , dinya kaya ptukan ng harapan
which brings me to my point

ipsc /idpa AND airsoft when combined is great training
Airsoft is conditioning you to shoot at live targets including simmulating stress w/ similarities to combat. While ipsc forces you to squez the shooting reflex into so small timeframe that everything becomes automatic. See a target->bangbang
That's operant conditioning na

If I add 2 more ingredients I can train you a terminator
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote