Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:02   #1
lukepennell

west palm gun show

I just got back from the show and I couldn't be more disappointed. It seemed more like a flea market with a few guns than a gun show.

Worst $7 I've spent in a long time...
lukepennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:03   #2
Gmountain

There WAS a lot of junk at this show. Dolls, pots and pans, shirts, toys, shells, a plastic dinosaur. I did get what I went for though, which was a SMITH 638 revolver. Shoot Straight wasn't there. Gun Country from Ft. Lauderdale was there and had okay prices, Florida Gun Exchange was there, but their prices seemed higher than before.

I was surprised that there were no hunting bolt actions. I think I saw 3 bolt action guns. That was disappointing. Lots of AR's and AK's. Overall, not that good. I was happy that I got what I was looking for though.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:03   #3
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

You guy's are making me have second thoughts, I had to work yesterday so im planning to go today. I think it opens at 10:00. I wonder if Court found himself a seat by the hot chicks again?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:10   #4
Gmountain

Quote:
Originally posted by packinaglock
You guy's are making me have second thoughts, I had to work yesterday so im planning to go today. I think it opens at 10:00. I wonder if Court found himself a seat by the hot chicks again?
No he didn't. He said it was pretty slow yesterday.

I was really dissapointed in the lack of long guns, other than ARs and AKs. Everything has to be tactical these days. I like seeing hunting guns, bolt actions, and nice shotguns. I'm tired of Mossberg tactical shotguns, and garbage Chicom opticsand LED flashlights.

People didn't seem to be buying much, and dealers would not deal at all. I heard so many times-"I not going any lower-that's my price. If someone wants to sell it for less, go buy from him." I guess they all got together and decided that would be the party line from now on.

But if you are into crystal bracelets and air plants growing on geodes, this is the show to attend.

Last edited by Gmountain; 08-12-2007 at 06:17..
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 15:24   #5
packinaglock

Well I picked up a new Bushmaster A3M4 while I was there.
Old 08-14-2007, 19:02   #6
edbird45

I had an interesting experience at the WP show on Saturday. I was there with my sons and a friend. We were wandering the tables and one of my sons noticed a single shot long gun (break action, like a Ruger 1 or an H&R or something) sitting on a table full of old long guns and shotguns (private seller). It had a hammer extension that caught his eye. I was explaining to him what it was (I have one on my Marlin but he has never noticed it) when the guy at the table said to pick it up and show it to him.

I picked the rifle up (.35 whelen break action with a scope and it wasn't zip tied) and cracked open the action while pointing it at the ceiling (only safe place in a crowded show). A cartridge ejected out and landed on the table. The guy picked it up in a hurry and pocketed it, muttering something about the guy who owns the table (he was table sitting). I was so stunned it took a moment to recuperate. After talking with my friend we decided and I ratted the idiot out to the show manager. The gun was gone about an hour later but the table owner was still there.

Rattled me, but made for a good discussion of the four safety rules with my boys in the car on the way home. Seeing the cartridge eject made an impression......any gun show moron could have pulled that hammer back while it was on the table and fired it into the crowd.

BE CAREFUL!!! THE WORLD IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!!

I ALWAYS ALWAYS CHECK THE ACTION WHEN PICKING UP ANY GUN FOR ANY REASON!!! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD TOO!!!

Last edited by edbird45; 08-14-2007 at 19:05..
edbird45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 19:27   #7
packinaglock

Damn, close call there
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35   #8
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Quote:
Originally posted by edbird45
BE CAREFUL!!! THE WORLD IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!!

I ALWAYS ALWAYS CHECK THE ACTION WHEN PICKING UP ANY GUN FOR ANY REASON!!! THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD TOO!!!
Absoloutely! I guess that's why they don't want to allow loaded guns at a gun show. Could have been a serious ND. glad no one was hurt.
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote