Pacquiao is killing five birds with that one move:
1. He's making sure he's not jinxed.
IIRC, he has ALWAYS won when he's trained
first in Cebu, and then after that, at Wild Card.
2. He's promoting Wakee Salud's new training gym
3. He's getting even with Roach for playing
Oscar dela Hoya's point man (re the recent
World Cup, where Golden Boy tried to recruit
Pacquiao as moral "team captain" so he'd
be present and help sales.)
4. He's avoiding having to share Roach's attention
with other fighters training at Wild Card,
early on. With a couple of weeks to go, Roach
has no choice but to block off major time for
Pacquiao, even if they're already back at
5. Ara Mina has irresistably kissable lips. (J/K)
Pac-MAB just doesn't interest me too much.
No belt on the line, me no care no mo'.