Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2007, 17:37   #1
GlenGLOCKER

Might be Moving From VA to NC.

I may be moving to one of the following places in NC. Gates County, Moyock, Elizabeth City or Knotts Island. So how gun friendly is NC compared to VA in general and specifically the above localities.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02   #2
Honorabledog
The Natural

I can't speak for those areas but in general I'd say most here accept guns as a part of life. One thing though is alot of people that carry you would not know unless you knew them or they told you. Discreet I guess. You usual wind up seeing someone at the range you know, but diddnt expect.
Carolina Glockers #2223
G22/G23/G27/G32/G17
Rockingham County Gun Club//Calibers
1 out of 150 born with AUTISM
Honorabledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 00:11   #3
hpj3

If you do the research, I think you'll find that CCW in NC is MUCH more restrictive than Va - y'all have an excellent rep on this matter.

Places off-limits to ccw: Schools, public or private, all levels including universities. §14-269.2 Assemblies and establishments where admission was charged. §14-269.3 Assemblies and establishments where alcohol is both sold and consumed. §14-269.3 State Buildings: State Capitol Building, the Executive Mansion, the Western Residence of the Governor, or on the grounds of any of these buildings, and any building housing any court of the General Court of Justice. §14-269.4 State office buildings or any portion of a building in which there are State offices. §14-415.11(c) Law Enforcement or Correctional Facilities. §14-415.11(c) Financial Institutions. §14-415.11(c) Events Occurring in Public: It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any private health care facility or upon any public place owned or under the control of the State or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon. §14-277.2 Areas of emergencies or riots. §14-288.7 Where notice of carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement. §14-415.11(c)

Disclaimer: this is a take off from the old Packing.org... I don't know how much, if any, has changed - best guess is that nothing has.

Howard
GrassRoots GunRights South Carolina (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
OathKeeper SC State Sergeant At Arms
hpj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:05   #4
GlenGLOCKER

I looked up all those laws. I was wanting the opinions of gun owner that carry either ccw or open.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:12   #5
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:
Originally posted by GlenGLOCKER
I looked up all those laws. I was wanting the opinions of gun owner that carry either ccw or open.
Didn't want to be confused by the facts?

Old 08-31-2007, 14:22   #6
GlenGLOCKER

I guess I have to make it simpler. How is it to be a gun owner in NC as far as buying, selling, (private and ffl) carrying and shooting.
Old 08-31-2007, 14:37   #7
SBM

Quote:
I guess I have to make it simpler. How is it to be a gun owner in NC as far as buying, selling, (private and ffl) carrying and shooting.

Someone correct me if Im wrong...

Buying...simple. Have a CCL and its simple. Otherwise, get your buy permit from the local sheriffs office, and walk on in and get what ya want.

Selling...dunno...havent sold but one of mine and I ended up with it back..but I do know that if its a pistol, you should get a permit from the person.
Old 08-31-2007, 20:51   #8
Bogey
CLM Number 242
The Mouth®

Send a message via Yahoo to Bogey

Buying....you HAVE to supply a permit to purchase OR give your CCW # and all pertinent info to seller. If buying from FFL, you need to supply either type of permit and you have to fill out all Fed forms and such.

Selling, you must obtain the same from an individual. IIRC, you must retain all their info indefinitely.

Personally, I will NOT sell anyone a gun unless I have known them for a good long while.

Carry anywhere you want to, except for those places listed above, and always keep your CCW permit and photo ID on you at all times when doing so. You also have to notify the Police when addressed by them if you're carrying.
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:22   #9
NC Bullseye

Quote:
Well shucky darns.... Why didn't ya say that in the first place? Ta answer your questions,

purdy guud...ya can buy um, sell em and shoot em here jest fine. As far as carrying them, if ya ain't no sissy boy you should be able to carry em too. If they's too heavy, get a wheelbarry!
NC Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 18:48   #10
LadyG23

Send a message via ICQ to LadyG23 Send a message via AIM to LadyG23 Send a message via Yahoo to LadyG23
Having made the move from Va to NC, I'd say NC is more gun-friendly. Lots of places in Forsyth Co have "no carry on premises" signs (i.e. grocery stores, gas stations, etc.)
GOTOD #40
NRA Life Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I'm back, I'm staying, get over it.
LadyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 18:54   #11
blueridge
Glockaholic

My UPS Driver and my Mail Man both own Glocks. They see all the stuff I order and we talk a lot about them.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 23:50   #12
Honorabledog
The Natural

Quote:
Originally posted by blueridge
My UPS Driver and my Mail Man both own Glocks. They see all the stuff I order and we talk a lot about them.
I'm a UPS Supervisor in Greensboro. We have alot of upsrs that have fire-arms. I'ts nice to be able to talk about your hobbies with fellow co-workers and customers. I must say since I'm here though that unfortunately at this time we at UPS can not carry while working Don't know about those crazy arse postal workers
Carolina Glockers #2223
G22/G23/G27/G32/G17
Rockingham County Gun Club//Calibers
1 out of 150 born with AUTISM
Honorabledog is offline   Reply With Quote