Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:16   #1
jeep45238

Send a message via AIM to jeep45238
ATTN: University STudents, Stand Up For Your Rights!!!

To all University students:

WE NEED YOUR HELP in gaining support for our cause. What cause is that, you ask? Getting states or universities to allow concealed carry on campus. I am the Miami U. (Ohio, not Florida) representative of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC). Back in the spring, a friend of mine who is the rep for U. of Cincinnati had the great idea of holding an empty holster protest to show that state laws and/or university policies have reduced CHL holders to just that: empty holsters.

But we need your help. We have an event listed on facebook http://facebook.com/event.php?eid=2359003596 but last time I checked there were only about 70-80 confirmed individuals. Wear an empty holster (OWB, shoulder, something visible that looks like a holster!) during the week of Oct. 22 (that's 10/22) and wear it ALL WEEK! The point is that we want to generate debate! We want our classmates to ask us why we're wearing holsters! We want to let people know how responsible CHL holders, how they've gone through background checks, training, etc. and that we don't go around shooting people for the hell of it.

Send me a PM if you need an invite to the event or if you have any questions about the protest or SCCC and what you can do to help.

Beg, borrow, or steal a holster! You don't even have to have a CHL but as long as you support the rights of licensed individuals then we need your help! If someone asks you if you have a CHL and you don't want to answer honestly, lie!
jeep45238 is offline   Reply With Quote