SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:59   #1
G30MI

CCW class @ Firing Line in Westland

Hi all,

I just wrapped up the 12-hour "Personal Protection In The Home" NRA course offered at The Firing Line in Westland. This class satisfies the training requirement for the Michigan CPL. Saturday was 8-hours of classroom instruction (8 am - 4 pm) followed by 4-hours on the range today (8 am - noon).

Ken Kline was the instructor, formerly with the L.A. County Sheriff and currently with Westland P.D. Ken did a great job covering the book material and kept the class of 15 interested with some pretty good on-the-job stories of shootings from his own experiences as a police officer.

What impressed me most about the class was the range experience. I had taken another class (different range and instructors) about 5 years ago when I got my first CPL and the range time was a joke. I think I fired maybe 20 rounds, all from a standing, square-to-the-target position. Ken had us firing 200 rounds using different stances, with and without cover, in low light, rapid fire, head shots, strong and weak arm one-handed shooting, reloading...the works. I feel that I really have a good working knowledge of how to shoot under multiple conditions.

If you're looking for a CPL class, I'd highly recommend this one. The class is being offered again in mid-September.

Last edited by G30MI; 08-26-2007 at 12:04..
G30MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 16:03   #2
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

Yep, Ken is the Man. He is the Law guy I hire to come in and teach the law portion. He has so much info to give, the class could be 3 days long and still have more. And he loves to talk

I think he is ment to be a teacher. He sure enjoys it.
Old 08-26-2007, 20:54   #3
john_glock_mi

I've heard the Firing Line does a good class. My dad is thinking about getting a CPL and I'll send him over there if he decides to go ahead with the license.