Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-26-2007, 15:04   #1
45gunner

Kaps Match

Matt Griffin, Dom and I shot the Kaps match today and just conqured the match.

We all shot very well with Matt G. leading the pack.
Both Dom and I shot B classifiers

And Matt blew the doors off the match.

It ashame more Glipc shooters or IPDA wanttobes couldn' make it.

We understand why.
Old 08-26-2007, 16:49   #2
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Re: Kaps Match

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
We understand why.
They are

Another Wingnut and Mallninja free shooting experience. How satisfying.
Old 08-26-2007, 17:20   #3
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

This last classifer put my rolling average (throwing out the two lowest) at 59.9702
Old 08-26-2007, 19:54   #4
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by domzilla9
This last classifer put my rolling average (throwing out the two lowest) at 59.9702
I just got on USPSA. It says that the score is calculated by using the last 8 score and dropping the lowest two. Calculate the average by addig these up and dividing by 6.

You may be saying the same thing. It looks like I am about 58 %
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21   #5
Houngan

I'm curious to see the scores. I was on fire in L10, not quite so good Limited, but I'm happy with how it went. It's also nice that the second relay goes through so quickly; time to work on the revolver, production, and open classifications.

H.

Last edited by Houngan; 08-27-2007 at 12:37..
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24   #6
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Yes, John, we're on the same page re Classifier averages.

I contacted the guy running the Ohio Classifer Calculator and hopefully he will soon have us set up to add classifier scores to his database.
Old 08-27-2007, 18:42   #7
45gunner

Kaps scores are up.

Good job Matt and Dom.

http://www.practicalshooters.com/kaps.htm

Last edited by 45gunner; 08-27-2007 at 18:47..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 19:04   #8
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Whooot! I'll take second place to Shaun Hopkins any day. And I beat Barry in L10. LOL!!!!! I can't believe I won the pickle bucket stage - that was so freaking weird.
Old 08-27-2007, 19:17   #9
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

I shot the same amount of points on my L10 (where I placed 9th) run at the classifier as I did on my Production run (where I placed 2nd) though I was a second faster on the later. It wasn't points that killed me in the L10 placement...it was time. Matt G. shot it in 13 seconds and I shot it in 20.

I am going to keep shooting L10 in Minor with my production rig. It's fun and I can still be somewhat competitive. Next I shoot L10 I'll shoot it last and just crank up the speed and see how fast I can shoot without sacrificing to much accuracy.
Old 08-27-2007, 19:25   #10
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Let me continue to congratulate myself, shamelessly, for I am a dork

I'm happy to find that in Production I shot the highest point score on all stages except one. Now if I can just work on drawing, transitions, movement and reloads, I'll be fine.
Old 08-27-2007, 19:26   #11
45gunner

Re: Let me continue to congratulate myself, shamelessly, for I am a dork

Quote:
Originally posted by domzilla9
I'm happy to find that in Production I shot the highest point score on all stages except one. Now if I can just work on drawing, transitions, movement and reloads, I'll be fine.
Dean and Greg would not stand a chance and you know LA.
She's with IPDA.

Last edited by 45gunner; 08-27-2007 at 19:28..
Old 08-28-2007, 05:34   #12
Houngan

Very instructive results. Check out my Limited stage scores. On nearly every stage, I'm a bit faster than Michael Foley, but always with less points, and he edged me on every stage. That goes to show that speed isn't everything, it's about getting GOOD hits as fast as possible. I know where I need to practice now.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:42   #13
Berretta9

Re: Re: Let me continue to congratulate myself, shamelessly, for I am a dork

Quote:
Dean and Greg would not stand a chance and you know LA.
She's with IPDA.
WTF. This kind of crap really makes me want to come out and shoot. I was busy. I'll be busy for the next few weeks. When I'm not busy I'll be out to shoot.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56   #14
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Re: Re: Re: Let me continue to congratulate myself, shamelessly, for I am a dork

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
WTF. This kind of crap really makes me want to come out and shoot. I was busy. I'll be busy for the next few weeks. When I'm not busy I'll be out to shoot.

We only rib you because we miss you, biatch.
Old 08-28-2007, 21:12   #15
TreehugginGlock

Re: Re: Re: Let me continue to congratulate myself, shamelessly, for I am a dork

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
Don't worry about it so much. They even picked on the sick, too. I was really sad I wasn't up to shooting KAPS. I really like it and look forward to it. I just didn't have the energy. My cold kicked my tookus. I'm still not 100%. No energy.

Looks like I missed a really good match. Congrats fellows! I'm really proud of you!

Oh, and just to take the steam out of your sails, John. I did join USPSA last month. However, I still can't figure out how to see how I'm classified. I shot 4 last month at Silver Creek. I'm completely frustrated with the site. I got my welcome kit, but no help with accessing my classification. ARGH!!!
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:35   #16
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

LA,

I process scores for both Hidden Hills and Silver Creek monthly matches. When you registered at the match on 8/12 you did not record a USPSA ID#. I am sure that's because you didn't have that information at the time. But this means that when we processed the scores and submitted the classifier results to USPSA your ID# was not sent with this information which means that your scores weren't matched with your member information.

However, it might not be to late for us to submit a "correction request" to USPSA with your ID#. Please send me your USPSA ID as soon as possible and I will file the request. Hopefully this will match your classifier results with your member information but I won't know until I try.

FWIW, Silver Creek submitted the classifier report for its 8/12 match to USPSA on 8/14. USPSA acknowledged receipt of our check for mission count/classifier fees on 8/23. USPSA updates the classification information available on its website once a month. This update hasn't occurred since 8/23, but I don't think they're late.

If anyone who has shot Silver Creek or Hidden Hills matches has questions about scores or classifier results, please PM me directly.

Thanks, Dom
Old 08-29-2007, 05:09   #17
45gunner

We really missed everyone, Dean, LA and Greg at the match. LA.

I'm not really tooting my horn I'm just trying to irritate Greg. Mission accomplished.

And Greg. Well Im sure he is happy chopping wood and being a pill being irritated at everyone who jokes with him but freely critizing everyone else.

LA. I have nothing against IPDA. Just like to rib you a little.

I'm personelly content to shoot in any Match. IPSC, GSSF, IPDA or KPDL.

It's funny how some people, not you, become so biased depending on which one they shoot in.

If someone gets mad about being kidded a little then I don't really care. Put a helmet on.

Last edited by 45gunner; 08-29-2007 at 05:14..
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15   #18
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

It's time to HUG IT OUT!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:14   #19
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
We really missed everyone, Dean, LA and Greg at the match. LA.

I'm not really tooting my horn I'm just trying to irritate Greg. Mission accomplished.

And Greg. Well Im sure he is happy chopping wood and being a pill being irritated at everyone who jokes with him but freely critizing everyone else.

LA. I have nothing against IPDA. Just like to rib you a little.

I'm personelly content to shoot in any Match. IPSC, GSSF, IPDA or KPDL.

It's funny how some people, not you, become so biased depending on which one they shoot in.

If someone gets mad about being kidded a little then I don't really care. Put a helmet on.
No offense was taken adn it's okay to toot a horn every now and then. You're a really good shooter. I was joking back and teasing Greg too. I miss you guys too. Hate that I missed last night but got tied up with other obligations. I'll see everyone next week. (Good Lord willing) We shoot both Tuesday and Thursday next week, right?

Dom, I'll pm you with my membership number. My scores were submitted as pending, I thought. If I could get those classifiers to count, that would be great. I had a really good day on the classifers that day. (We won't talk about the other stages. LOL)

I guess I'll have to call USPSA to find out how I can actually see my scores. They didn't give me my PIN when they sent me my welcome package. That was the cause of my frustration. That and trying to figure out where to go on their website to find the info. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58   #20
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

LA, don't bother calling USPSA. I'll write up some instructions for you tonight. Your scores are posted on www.silvercreekcc.org and you can put your hit factor, division and classifier name into The Ohio Section Classifier Calculator to determine your percentage placement. It's very accurate. Don't worry, we'll get it all worked out.