Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-24-2014, 18:46   #1
vafish

Best States for Concealed Carry. VA Makes the Top 10

http://www.gunsandammo.com/personal-...MjVtGkkZ4.like

How does your state rank?
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 09-24-2014 at 18:47..
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 19:04   #2
jrh3
War Eagle

i think its inaccurate. alabama ranked number 18 yeah right. there is as much open and conceal carry here as Arizona. ��
jrh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 19:29   #3
rotorwind

#1 Arizona! Woo
rotorwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 19:29   #4
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

I just moved from #10 to #5, and now I can't carry where alcohol is served, to sporting events, or openly, among other new restrictions.
Oh well, now my permit lasts 2 years longer. Big deal.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 20:39   #5
72Cheyenne

Nebraska is #35.:(

Sent from my two-story outhouse.
72Cheyenne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 21:33   #6
wprebeck
Got quacks?

They obviously didn't do their research properly for Kentucky. Government buildings, as a group, were removed from the places one is legally prohibited from carrying, last year.

Way to be up-to-date.
Old 09-24-2014, 23:17   #7
nursetim

I'm in number 31 moving to number 2.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 23:51   #8
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I say as long as you're happy where you live.. who cares what other state laws are. I wouldn't change Indiana's CCW laws for Texas any day. Lifetime permits, signs carry no force of law.. VERY few places that are legally off limits.. I'm just fine with our laws. They're also wrong on Indiana's stance on Non-Resident permits. Indiana only issues Non-Res permits under a very narrow set of circumstances... I'm guessing most would not qualify. Frankly.. I doubt the State Police issues very many Non-Res permits, since Indiana recognizes all 50 states Resident and Non-Resident permits... it's just not a huge issue.

I say keep Indiana's "score" low... as it will keep out "Pro Gun Democrats" who want to come here and "make things better"... but for the most part... I'm guessing that whole list is wrought with errors.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 00:31   #9
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Missouri being 25 seems a little off, but they probably aren't accounting for our most recent legislation.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:09   #10
cadillacguns

I agree with the Freak, in the Free state of Indiana, remember not to try to take it into a school, big gov bldg and/ or courthouse and get caught, and your A-OK.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:18   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh3 View Post
i think its inaccurate. alabama ranked number 18 yeah right. there is as much open and conceal carry here as Arizona. ��
The didn't base it on number of people carrying, but you'd likely be wrong on that, too.

Alabama doesn't even really qualify as "shall issue" so I'm surprised they rated that high. I suspect they go the benefit of the doubt on reading their crazy CCW statute.

Quote:
Section 13A-11-75
License to Carry Pistol in Vehicle or Concealed on Person - Issuance; Term; Form; Fee; Revocation.
(a)(1)a. The sheriff of a county, upon the application of any person residing in that county, may within 30 days from receipt of a complete application and accompanying fee, shall issue or renew a license for such person to carry a pistol in a vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person within this state for one to five year increments, as requested by the person seeking the license, from date of issue, unless the sheriff determines, based upon reasonable suspicion, that there is a credible risk that the person will use a weapon unlawfully or in such other manner that would endanger the person's self or others.
That's pretty much "sheriff can deny it if he wants."
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:34   #12
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
They obviously didn't do their research properly for Kentucky. Government buildings, as a group, were removed from the places one is legally prohibited from carrying, last year.

Way to be up-to-date.
I don't recall "government buildings" ever being prohibited. I have actually taught legal classes to the guys who guard the capitol - their response to a concealed weapon at the metal detector is to make sure you have a permit.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:47   #13
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Missouri being 25 seems a little off, but they probably aren't accounting for our most recent legislation.
Same with Louisiana at #34. Recent legislation eliminated the prohibition on carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol. Also, our new Second Amendment passed last year submits all gun laws to a "strict scrutiny" standard. We expect some laws (like restrictions at parades) to fall as time goes by.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:22   #14
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The didn't base it on number of people carrying, but you'd likely be wrong on that, too.

Alabama doesn't even really qualify as "shall issue" so I'm surprised they rated that high. I suspect they go the benefit of the doubt on reading their crazy CCW statute.

That's pretty much "sheriff can deny it if he wants."
I thought that changed recently?

Edit: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201..._but_litt.html

Several links suggest Sheriffs no longer have discretion in CCW permit issuance. handgunlaw.us however, on it's graphic shows them as Shall Issue, but when you read it's page on AL, it suggests they are May Issue.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 09-25-2014 at 07:30..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:24   #15
RussP

Number 10 in this case is okay...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 13:58   #16
GeorgiaGlocker
Incirlik AB

Georgia is 17th. Up from 23.
Old 09-25-2014, 16:35   #17
Gary Slider

On July 1, 2013 Alabama Changed their laws and Alabama went Shall Issue. Sheriff's no longer had discretion and could no longer put any restrictions on the Permit/Licenses they issued. At that time Alabama started honoring all other states and passed statewide preemption on Open Carry also.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Gary Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 18:38   #18
Bruce M

I wonder if a state that has shall issue permits is a better state for gun owners than a state that does not have shall issue but has a higher percentage of the population having a permit. I wonder how one determines the percentage of people carrying in a state that does not require a permit as opposed to one that does.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 19:25   #19
MuddyPaws
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
[url]http://www.gunsandammo.com/personal-defense/best-states-concealed-carry-2014/?fb_action_ids=10204424574471364&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.VCMjVtGkkZ4.like[/url]

How does your state rank?
Born in D.C. (51st), went to college in MD (47th), started my relationship with the concept of firearms for self defense in Tennessee (23rd), moved to Nebraska (35th) then Alaska (3rd) where I finally learned to shoot since I had to carry, then WV (27th) and for the last 15 yrs in CA (50) where they call my CCW a 'LTC'.

I'm thinking the next move needs to be to AZ (1st) or Utah (2nd) but I really love the girl I married from NH (8th) *our marriage license says Live Free or Die across the top* so I'm compromising with her on NM(40). ... sigh

"You will never have an AD but if you aren't sufficiently cautious you will eventually have an ND."

Last edited by MuddyPaws; 09-26-2014 at 13:25..
MuddyPaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 19:30   #20
MuddyPaws
Platinum Membership

nursetim DocTalk is a very good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
I'm in number 31 moving to number 2.

"You will never have an AD but if you aren't sufficiently cautious you will eventually have an ND."
MuddyPaws is online now   Reply With Quote