Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-31-2007, 20:57   #1
presidingglock

Buying Online

BOGS, I'm planning to purchase a handguard set and some other parts like grip for my AK thru the internet. Is it advisable? How safe it is? What should I watch out for? I just want to know your experience, good and bad. Thanks a lot for all your help.
presidingglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 22:24   #2
New_comer

I bought non-FA related items through the Internet without any problems. The payment scheme thru Paypal is quite secure.

Your problem might be our FA/parts importation laws. Baka ma-confiscate lang yan pag dating.

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 00:16   #3
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
Paypal is superb, Fa parts too risky ain't worth it.

Quote:
Originally posted by New_comer
I bought non-FA related items through the Internet without any problems. The payment scheme thru Paypal is quite secure.

Your problem might be our FA/parts importation laws. Baka ma-confiscate lang yan pag dating.
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 22:16   #4
bicolano_glockr

sometime around last month i took the risk and ordered a barrel for my g35 from glockparts.com and up until now di pa dumarating. so malamang na-confiscate na yun or something. i sent a query regarding the status of my order and they told me it was already shipped around 3 weeks ago... so i guess wala na nga... tsk, tsk. there goes my money. another lesson learned the hard (expensive) way.
BoG#606
Mayon Shooting & Hunting Sports Club
bicolano_glockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 23:17   #5
vega

Quote:
Originally posted by bicolano_glockr
sometime around last month i took the risk and ordered a barrel for my g35 from glockparts.com and up until now di pa dumarating. so malamang na-confiscate na yun or something. i sent a query regarding the status of my order and they told me it was already shipped around 3 weeks ago... so i guess wala na nga... tsk, tsk. there goes my money. another lesson learned the hard (expensive) way.
As we all know and should know, barrel is considered a firearm in PH. What is the definition on FA in PH? A tool that shoots projectile. Barrel shoots projectile thus considered a FA. You're lucky you didn't get a visit from the police.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:20   #6
isuzu

There is a possibility that your name could have been flagged by US authorities when you ordered the barrel online, since the barrel is considered a firearm in the Philippines. It could have serious implications in case you apply/renew your US visa or in case you enter the US.

Things have changed a lot since 9/11.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:11   #7
brawnless

Quote:
Originally posted by vega
As we all know and should know, barrel is considered a firearm in PH. What is the definition on FA in PH? A tool that shoots projectile. Barrel shoots projectile thus considered a FA. You're lucky you didn't get a visit from the police.
not only a gun part, but already a firearm!
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:01   #8
presidingglock

Quote:
Originally posted by New_comer
Good point, I did not think about that (shame on me). Thank you all for your inputs. I guess I just have to secure these parts from our local dealers, if any.

Last edited by presidingglock; 09-02-2007 at 19:38..
presidingglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 13:05   #9
monsignor28

Send a message via Yahoo to monsignor28
does that mean if I get caught by a Police with barrel or maybe an empty magazine that I bought in a Local Gunshop in my bag thats already illegal possesion of firearm???
monsignor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 20:20   #10
CatsMeow

That's just too bad. I wanted to order a Heinie Slant-Pro night sight set for my Glock, the one with the "8" sight picture. But I decided against it after I was advised against doing so with respect to any firearm-related items. Ended up with Meprolites.

Say, if we can't order it ourselves, are there any gun shops that have direct lines with US manufacturers, who would order specific items for us per our request?

There are of course some firearms-related items such as gunstocks at Amazon.com where I have an account, but I was afraid to order those there; I ordered only DVDs, CDs and books, and get hit by a P2,000.00 tax for every order.
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 20:30   #11
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by monsignor28
does that mean if I get caught by a Police with barrel or maybe an empty magazine that I bought in a Local Gunshop in my bag thats already illegal possesion of firearm???
If you don't have a receipt from the gunstore where you purchased your parts and if you don't have your firearms license with you, the police could nail you if they go by the book.

Old 09-02-2007, 21:24   #12
Django

Quote:
Originally posted by monsignor28
For the barrel, yes, they can file a case of illegal possession of FA against you. For the magazine, no.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05   #13
Duckman1975

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzu
If you don't have a receipt from the gunstore where you purchased your parts and if you don't have your firearms license with you, the police could nail you if they go by the book.
Sir is that US law or Philippine law? I thought when buying bullets you should have your permit to carry or permit to transport with you, does it mean that to buy bullets all I need is my gun licence? thanks
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:11   #14
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckman1975
Sir is that US law or Philippine law? I thought when buying bullets you should have your permit to carry or permit to transport with you, does it mean that to buy bullets all I need is my gun licence? thanks
Last time I bought ammo, all I needed to present was my license, not my PTC, and the ammo better be the same caliber as that in the license. When transporting on an aircraft, this time it's the PTC or PTT, not the license, that is presented.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05   #15
Duckman1975

Quote:
Originally posted by CatsMeow
Last time I bought ammo, all I needed to present was my license, not my PTC, and the ammo better be the same caliber as that in the license. When transporting on an aircraft, this time it's the PTC or PTT, not the license, that is presented.
Thanks CatsMeow, no problem buying ammos most of the gunshop here do not even bother they just sell. What I'm worried about are the implication when I transport them by land.
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 19:54   #16
CatsMeow

Quote:
Thanks CatsMeow, no problem buying ammos most of the gunshop here do not even bother they just sell. What I'm worried about are the implication when I transport them by land.
If you have a PTC, no problem, but the times I did not have one and I had just bought ammo, I never had a problem. Of course I kept the receipt next to the ammo (Twin Pines always issues a receipt with the license number written), and kept them well and truly hidden from prying eyes.

Of course, don't give any probable cause for the cops to eye you suspiciously, and you will be ok.

Anybody else has experience on transporting ammo, and its legal implications (for my BoG compañeros)?
Old 09-04-2007, 21:16   #17
isuzu

Quote:
That's Philippine Law. I recall when I bought my Browning MKIII from Jun Lacson of MS Lacson (his gunstore was still in his house in QC)in the mid-90's, the Permit to Transport included ammo I purchased from him.

Speaking of Jun Lacson, I'm sure he was one of the first to modify a Glock in the Philippines. That was way before the C series Glocks came out. He had the top of the slide opened on his Glock 19 and drilled holes on the barrel. It had full-auto capability (I won't elaborate on this; the mods won't be happy with it), and the porting worked well.