Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2007, 15:38   #1
Suburban

Randy Kotz promoting Moms Against Guns on WMMR (93.3FM in Philly)

I was listening to the radio at work on Saturday (don’t tell the boss), and Randy Kotz on WMMR for some reason starts talking about how he, “feels strongly about guns” and starts plugging Moms Against Guns. “They just want your voice,” he said, which I take to mean that he and Moms Against Guns want everyone to vote for gun banners in 2008.

EDIT: BTW, WYSP (94.1FM) has advertised and rented a table at the Valley Forge Gun Show.

I’m working on a letter to the program director at WMMR. Something along the lines of:

I heard your D.J., Randy Kotz , plugging Mom’s Against Guns on his show on Saturday, October 20th, and on the station’s website. I want to let you know that I really don’t appreciate politics mixed up in my entertainment.

I’ve had to stop listening to Green Day after American Idiot, and I’m certainly not letting them get any more of my money. I stopped listening to Bad Religion after seeing one of their videos which promoted gun control. I don’t watch network news programming because it is so left-wing biased that I can’t trust it to provide accurate political information.

I’ve decided that I’m not going to listen to ‘MMR any more. I’ve been getting sick of your D.J.’s babbling anyway, and 104.5 has switched formats, and is now a rock station. I’ve got WYSP, 104.5, 102.5, and a 15 gigabyte MP3 player. I don’t need WMMR, especially if it’s going to be promoting left-wing agendas that I don’t believe in.

I’m not trying to infringe on anyone’s first amendment rights, I’m just trying to inform you that one of your on-air personalities is alienating some of the listeners.

If I could get an apology from Mr. Kotz for the politics he’s shoveling on the listeners, I might be willing to rethink my position on giving up on WMMR altogether.

I have informed the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association, the Delaware County Field & Stream mailing list, and posted on the Pennsylvania Glockers forum on GlockTalk, and the Pennsylvania forum at AR15.com. If you want to e-mail me at XXXX@emailhost.com, I can send you the web addresses for the postings, and you can reply to them if you want to register. I expect that you will be hearing from more pissed off law-abiding gun owners who (used to) listen to your station.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- My Website - Glock stuff, black rifles, 1911 build, gun and gear reviews, news, etc.

Last edited by Suburban; 10-21-2007 at 16:00..
Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:40   #2
Jeep274
Member When?

I'm not surprised. I have heard him recently bash Bush and the war while announcing a support the troops event. While I haven't given up listening to MMR yet, I have stopped listening whenever Kotz is on the air because I can't stand hearing his constant liberal drivel. As you mentioned, 104.5 is a good alternative to MMR now.

.40 S&W Club #414-PA Gockers Club #47-Wheelhouse & SKS carbiners #274
Jeep274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 14:22   #3
stricky
Unknown to Me

I came to hate most morning radio shows.

My answer... XM radio.

No DJ's, no unwanted opinions.