Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2007, 13:26   #1
Jerseycitysteve

Join the VSSA

Another pro-Second Ammendment orgainization to join in addition to the NRA and the VCDL

Join the Virginia Shooting Sports Association

Dear NRA Member:
For over a decade, you and I have enjoyed a lot of progress in the fight to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. But I am afraid that the tide could be about to turn in Virginia.
Gun control advocates are gaining influence in Richmond and in localities around the Commonwealth. They are pushing for tougher gun control laws at the local and state level. They are targeting solid pro-gun legislators for defeat.
And they are coming closer and closer to succeeding.
Many of these gun control zealots have newfound energy. They gained renewed confidence after the gains made in the elections for Congress. Now they feel the time is right to make their move here in Virginia.
The anti-gun lobby is focused on defeating Virginia s staunchest defenders of Second Amendment rights. Strong pro-gun leaders like State Senator Ken Cuccinelli from Fairfax and Delegate Danny Marshall from Danville are under serious attack from the gun-banners.
The gun control lobby is also trying to change local ordinances to place greater restrictions on gun owners. From anti-shooting range regulations in Goochland to proposed new shooting restrictions in Albemarle and Rockbridge, the anti-gun movement is trying to work below the radar at the local level to curtail your rights.
Virginians fought too hard to secure our fundamental constitutional rights to allow the anti-gun lobby to steal them away. We have to fight back.
After all, it was not all that long ago that a law-abiding Virginian like you or me was banned from carrying a concealed firearm for personal protection. We won back that right less than 13 years ago.
And in 2004, Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) was instrumental in the victory that gun owners enjoyed when the General Assembly ended localities ability to impose local gun control laws, keeping the Commonwealth from becoming a patchwork of laws that could differ from mile to mile. Finally, it was a VSSA member, Delegate Bill Janis, who sponsored and won the first roll-back of Virginia s handgun rationing law.
But even with the victories gun owners have had throughout Virginia, you cannot assume the fight is won. The gun grabbers are energized and they think you and I will rest on our laurels and bask in our triumphs.
I am not ready to stop fighting for my constitutional freedoms. And I hope you are not done fighting either. That is why I want to tell you about the Virginia Shooting Sports Association. I am really excited about the work they do, in conjunction with the National Rifle Association, to protect your rights and mine.
The VSSA is the leading state organization fighting against every attempt by the gun control lobby to restrict your Second Amendment freedoms and liberty.
In recent years, the VSSA team has won important fights to reduce the restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. They have repeatedly beaten back attacks from the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun groups.
And when they are not fighting in Richmond, they are protecting your rights in your community. They have led efforts to stop new shooting restrictions in communities from the Blue Ridge to the Richmond suburbs.
And while VSSA is a powerful voice for gun owners at the state and local level, lobbying is just a part of what they do. They sponsor junior shooting programs so that our hunting heritage is passed to our children. They organize shooting competitions and charitable events. And they train NRA instructors and range safety officers.
If you are not already a member, I urge you to join forces with the VSSA and become a part of their grassroots effort to protect the gun rights of all law-abiding Virginians. For just $25, you can become a member of this respected and effective pro-Second Amendment organization.
Your $25 annual membership includes a one-year subscription to The Bullet, the magazine of the VSSA. This great publication will keep you up-to-date with the latest news on gun rights in Virginia. It is worth the price of membership on its own.
And if you want to save some money and show even more support, consider a three-year membership. It is just $60 a $15 savings and you get the same great benefits.
$25 a year (the price of a half a tank of gas) is a small price to pay to help keep the VSSA fighting for you at the state and local level. But they can only win for you if you join their team.
I am a proud member of the Virginia Shooting Sports Association because they help win the tough fights for us. If you are not already a member, I hope you will join us. Let me hear from you today. Go online to www.myvssa.org and download a membership application right now. And thank you for all you do to protect our shared constitutional freedoms and heritage.
Sincerely,

Wayne LaPierre
Executive Vice President
National Rifle Association
P.S. The Virginia Shooting Sports Association defends the rights, freedom and hunting heritage of the Commonwealth's gun owners and sportsmen. You and I need to keep them fighting the anti-gun forces at the State Capitol and in your community.

Go online to www.myvssa.org and download a membership application. Only by standing together against the gun-banners can we ensure our rights are safe and secure. Let me hear from you right away.
Join the Virginia Shooting Sports Association

Last edited by Jerseycitysteve; 10-02-2007 at 13:32..
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 20:08   #2
vafish

VSSA is another good organization.

A lot of folks don't realize when they complain about the "NRA" not doing enough in their state, that it's the state associations that are on the forefront of that fight.

Without a strong state association the NRA doesn't get much done in a state.

The VSSA also runs matches and juniors events.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote