SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2007, 23:34   #1
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
Globe Telecom

Guys do you somebody from globe telecom?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:03   #2
Django

Yes I know a senior officer in Globe but their customer service has deteriorated so much that I moved to Smart. I am also moving all my people to Smart as soon as their contracts with Globe expire. I also happen to know a senior officer in Smart.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:25   #3
ppts799
Daisho

you can search melvin (vino) of BOG, i think he is still with globe.
ppts799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05   #4
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
my problem with globe is that they are giving my residential number to their subscriber na nawawalang ng cellphone. Apparently the NTC landline in batangas is the same with my home number. I called the hotline of globe and i asked for NTC number they gave me a different number but when i asked for NTC batangas the number they gave me was my home number. I told the lady on the other line to also include the area code when giving the NTC batangas landline.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:53   #5
sparta

sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 19:26   #6
isuzu

There's a columnist for the Visayan Daily Star complaining about Globe's signal at his residence which is in Bacolod. He had to buy a Smart prepaid so people could reach him.

When we went to Punta Bulata in Cauayan last year, my wife and I were the only people in our group to have signals on our cellphones. We are using Smart Prepaid service. My mom had to borrow my cellphone to get in touch with our office.

I also heard that Globe's service is getting worse.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 21:04   #7
ppts799
Daisho

hmmmm, my brother also told me he would switch from globe to smart 2 weeks ago. i didnt ask his reason nor get details because ive heard negative things both from globe and smart anyway. but reading this thread, now im very curious. care to share your inputs? is it the signal or customer care?

but i also heard a month ago that 2 BOGers wanted to switch from smart to globe...

so is it greener at the other side? or do we just think its greener and we end up getting the same service in the end??? one thing for sure though, hindi madamot mamigay ng phone and smart
ppts799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 21:58   #8
Django

More on customer care.

I am a Globe Platinum Card holder for the last 3 years. My Nokia N90 started losing it's signal so I called them up for repair and I requested for a service unit meantime that they were repairing it.

They picked up my phone from my office after 3 days (no service unit given), had it for about 5 days and they returned it to me saying there was nothing wrong with the unit!

I brought the unit to the Nokia service center and they diagnosed the defect of the unit while I waited for about 15 mins. I called up Globe again and told them the defect of the unit per advisory of Nokia. After 3 days, they picked up my unit from then office and returned it to me 5 days later but it was still defective. I was emailing their Platinum card hotline about my situation and I did not even get the courtesy of a reply.

Called up Smart and had a new N95 delivered the next day.

Last edited by Django; 10-08-2007 at 22:00..
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 22:04   #9
CatsMeow

When I got tired of my boss asking "Nandyan pa rin ang kudkuran ng ice mo?" referring to my old Piltel analog Motorola, it was a choice between Smart and Globe. Globe had problems at that time, so they lost me and Smart gained a subscriber. No regrets, ever.
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 22:11   #10
Chie

Had this experience with Globe about a couple of years ago where they billed me for a phone call to which location origin was Cebu to Manila. I was shocked to see the charge on the billing because I have never dreamt nor set foot on any part of Cebu.

Called the customer service and told them the problem, they said that they'll just credit the phone call charge. Then I asked the customer service how in the world did that happen, reply was "Sir, we'll have a technical person call you to explain the matter", to which I never got a call.

Kaya now I check my billings carefully
Chie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:30   #11
sandman_sy

Been a Globe user from the very start. College pa, when they started. Sad to say, yeah, they suck these days, wish i never got that stupid free phone. Next year pa mag.expire yung contract.

Old 10-09-2007, 22:15   #12
pipo

mag SUN cellular na kasi kayo. Sa 450 lang prepaid, may UNLIMITED CALL AND TEXT ka na (SUN to SUN) he he he
Old 10-09-2007, 23:18   #13
New_comer

Baliktad naman sa akin...

I'm planning to jump naman to Globe Broadband. Yung wireless 512kbps with landline pa.

Yung Smartbro ko kasi ang baggggaaallll na!!!! Nung bago pa, 384 kbps ang service. Ngayun, swerte nang maka 120kbps!!! Yung photography thread natin, ang tagal i-load yung graphics. 'kakainis!

Kumusta naman yung Globe broadband dito sa BOG's?

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 00:01   #14
Eye Cutter

mag smart na lang kayo! pag may problema, isang text lang kay mannix, ayos na!

psst! 'nix, yung free phone ko ha??? tsaka mga xmas give aways mo, ha!?! hwehehehe!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:05   #15
tanduay

I've been using globe for 10 years but just switched to smart last month. My 3 lines from globe were all terminated due to their poor customer service. They don't even care kahit pinapaterminate mo ang line. Naghintay ako for a month for the unit e61i sa smart pero natupad naman!
tanduay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:16   #16
CatsMeow

My present system is Smart Bro WiFi. Even when the office got its own internet I stuck with it as it's faster. Works most of the time, but sometimes no service without warning. I'm satisfied so far.

Thing is, do I have to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just turn off the whole thing? Don't want my computer fried.
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:48   #17
JuDGe

Send a message via Yahoo to JuDGe
Quote:
Originally posted by New_comer

I'm planning to jump naman to Globe Broadband. Yung wireless 512kbps with landline pa.

Kumusta naman yung Globe broadband dito sa BOG's?
better try first if the wireless broadband of globe works in your area.... dito sa akin sa may sucat, paranaque the wireless broadband is HELL!

globe technical support said that they are upgrading their system in our area but could not commit when it will normalize; 3,4,5 months have passed but still no improvement; decided to terminate our landline+broadband plan

now enjoying back the pldt mydsl bundle plan990
JuDGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 21:08   #18
New_comer

Quote:
Originally posted by JuDGe
better try first if the wireless broadband of globe works in your area.... dito sa akin sa may sucat, paranaque the wireless broadband is HELL!

globe technical support said that they are upgrading their system in our area but could not commit when it will normalize; 3,4,5 months have passed but still no improvement; decided to terminate our landline+broadband plan

now enjoying back the pldt mydsl bundle plan990
Thanks for the info. It's now 1-1, as my officemate naman is very happy with his Globe at Antipolo naman. 384 na wired service ang kinuha nya but he can download up to 60Kbytes/sec.

They haven't responded yet sa e-mail ko (signs of things to come? )but I'm keeping my hopes up.

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:58   #19
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
Originally posted by CatsMeow

Thing is, do I have to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just turn off the whole thing? Don't want my computer fried.
if you live within the area of balara qc, i suggest you do. the area is lightning prone.

thunderstorms have no effect on the broadband's operating frequency unless the base station serving your area gets its transmission system screwed up due to the weather (if it is using a microwave system). power outage can also be a cause but less likely since most of the stations have adequate back up power.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16   #20
bmag

Quote:
Originally posted by JuDGe

My very same experience also in Parañaque area.
Rimfire Club #163032
bmag is offline   Reply With Quote