Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:29   #1
r2d4

Please help me understand legislation(NC)

I have looked at the different proposed changes in the "allowed to carry" places. I have a time understanding the positions of these and if the laws are going to change in December or not. Please enlighten me.
r2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 23:09   #2
NC Bullseye

If you're talking about the bills in legislation right now for concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, carry in parks, and carry during an emergency, they are still being worked on and as it looks now, will not be law in December. The two biggies, H831 for the restaurants and H476 which is the castle doctrine are both in the hands of the judicial committees. Since they are all out of session until late this year or early next, I believe we are SOL. Call your reps, mail your reps, and email your reps asking they actively support the passing of these bills. If they don't hear your desires they don't put much effort into it. The bills are H830, H310, H831, H476. That's about the best info I can offer for now.
NC Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 16:36   #3
JasonNC
CREATOR

Quote:
and H476 which is the castle doctrine are both in the hands of the judicial committees.
When I go to look up this bill, I come up with a bill in regards to vital records and not the Castle Doctrine. Am I doing something wrong or is that a typo on your part?
Old 10-27-2007, 16:38   #4
JasonNC
CREATOR

Nope, that was my bad. That was from another session. Any link to the details in these bills?
Old 10-27-2007, 21:05   #5
NC Bullseye

Not sure what details you're looking for but if you go to the NC legislature site you can search for each bill and read all the info and status. For example, the castle doc is http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...07&BillID=H476

There is a link on that page that will show you the bill as written. Just to stay on my soap box, please write your reps. Ask for their complete support of these bills.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:13   #6
r2d4

Nc Bullseye thanks for the update.
r2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 22:48   #7
NC Bullseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d4 View Post
Nc Bullseye thanks for the update.
You're more than welcome. Thanks for taking the time to find answers to your questions. I just wish I could get all of my students to ask instead of trying to apply "Mall Ninja Logic" to unknown situations.