Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2007, 23:11   #1
chowchow

Oh oh Pinoys again in Sn Diego

Home > Pinoy Abroad > Top Stories Pinoys nabbed in San Diego's biggest cockfighting bust
10/16/2007 | 12:55 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us SAN DIEGO - Authorities made what they called the largest cockfighting bust in U.S. history with the seizure of more than 5,000 roosters, hens and chicks from two training grounds that were managed and patronized largely by Filipinos, officials said.

Agents found 4,400 chickens Saturday at a 7-acre (2.8-hectare) compound in the Otay Mesa industrial area of San Diego. More than 2,500 birds were seized at the same place six years ago in what was believed to be the largest such bust in the U.S.

Hundreds more chickens were found this time at a second training ground nearby, officials said.

Other stings have resulted in more arrests but none have produced more birds, said John Goodwin, manager of animal fighting issues at The Humane Society of the United States, which deployed its own staff on the raid along with local and federal law enforcement agents.

''In terms of the number of animals seized, this is the biggest, hands down,'' he said.

Fifty people were issued misdemeanor citations, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $5,000 (€3,515) fine, and ordered to answer to cockfighting charges in early December, said Paul Levikow, a spokesman for the San Diego County District Attorney's office. If the defendants have a history of animal cruelty, they may be charged with felonies.

Another 50 people are still being sought, authorities said.

About 80 percent of the birds seized have been euthanized, Levikow said.

The cockfighting operation was managed and patronized largely by Filipinos, and fights were staged in the San Diego area, Levikow said. Many birds were sent to the Philippines or Hawaii. -

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/64626/Pi...kfighting-bust
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 23:15   #2
CatsMeow

I'm not surprised. Tigbakay has reached the USA!
CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 00:01   #3
chowchow

Nasa dugo natin ang cockfighting, hahha. Ganon rin ang mga latinos.
Old 10-16-2007, 00:08   #4
CatsMeow

I always got the hantak and tigbakay cases when I was still a fiscal. Never went further, guys just plead guilty and pay fine. The judge always referred to the evidence as "chickens", what's left of them, since the seized dead cocks are represented in court by their cut-off legs. The live ones...the cops got them.
Old 10-16-2007, 00:13   #5
chowchow

Almost every Philippine town has their own cock -fighting arena. Its the place to be every Sunday and the most noisy.
Old 10-16-2007, 00:17   #6
revo

I find it ridiculous that cock fighting is illegal in the US but they eat chickens.
revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 00:21   #7
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally posted by revo
I find it ridiculous that cock fighting is illegal in the US but they eat chickens.
As they always say: "Never play with your food".
Old 10-16-2007, 03:14   #8
tagaykoyan

Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
Quote:
Originally posted by CatsMeow
As they always say: "Never play with your food".
traci lords always plays with hers
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 20:16   #9
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by revo
They even bet millions on boxers who beat each other for 12 rounds. And we can't deny it; there are fatalities in boxing.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 21:32   #10
Duckman1975

Be carefull revo, those people from PETA are trying to BANNED eating any kind of meat all animals have the right not to suffer according to them. But what about the gazillions of insects killed in cultivating vegetables and other plant based food. I'm setting up an oragnization PETAO (people for the ethical treatment of any organism), our goal is to force people not to anything that will hurt any organism. Want to join?
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 21:42   #11
CatsMeow

Yeah check out your car's radiator; all those poor innocent insects.
Old 10-16-2007, 21:59   #12
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by CatsMeow
Yeah check out your car's radiator; all those poor innocent insects.
Please put a stiff screen in front of your radiator. Accumulated insects can cake in between the radiator fins and increase your vehicle's operating temperature.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 22:24   #13
CatsMeow

Oh thanks. Will have it checked at my next tune-up.
Old 10-16-2007, 22:24   #14
chowchow

True form of Buddhism. Cant kill any living creatures bec they are reincarnates.

Last edited by chowchow; 10-18-2007 at 10:29..
Old 10-17-2007, 00:07   #15
Allegra

I wonder what they wold feel about dog fights?
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13   #16
CatsMeow

There was that ruckus last month about that football player (?) who got into hot water when he was involved in pit bull fighting... Forgot all about it; perhaps you all could still remember?

Anything about animals is a hot topic in the US, lately Ellen DeGeneres got involved into some controversy because it seems she adopted a dog from an animal shelter, but then the pooch did not get along well with her cats (now that's a lady after my own heart!) so she gave it away to her hairdresser, neglecting however to inform the animal shelter.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:38   #17
Allegra

I've watched dogfight on video , where my friends pittbulls join tournaments
Ut almost eclipsed cockfights here in our area
I found out dogs , rarely die
The wounds take just 3 days to heal
Prized dogs are brought to the US for treatment
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 23:22   #18
Duckman1975

I am not pro dog fight or cock fight but just think about this, before fights those fighting dogs and cocks are living more comfortably than most of the people in third world countries. And after the fight they get better treatment than most lower income house holds. What if those people protecting animals put there efforts in protecting or making peoples lives better. Just an opinion please don't get pissed.
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 23:58   #19
dometop

Send a message via Yahoo to dometop
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
There was that ruckus last month about that football player (?) who got into hot water when he was involved in pit bull fighting... Forgot all about it; perhaps you all could still remember?

Anything about animals is a hot topic in the US, lately Ellen DeGeneres got involved into some controversy because it seems she adopted a dog from an animal shelter, but then the pooch did not get along well with her cats (now that's a lady after my own heart!) so she gave it away to her hairdresser, neglecting however to inform the animal shelter.
Pañero, that would be Michael Vick, QB of the Atlanta Falcons. By the way Bai, pareho mo ug type ni Ellen, mga sexy nga guwapa! :wink: Mebbe we can get together with all the Cebu based BoGs and share a couple of brewskies when i come home for the holidays karon umaabot nga New Year? Best regards!
BoG #24

Last edited by dometop; 10-18-2007 at 00:03..
dometop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 00:04   #20
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dometop View Post
Pañero, that would be Michael Vick, QB of the Atlanta Falcons. By the way Bai, pareho mo ug type ni Ellen, mga sexy nga guwapa! :wink:
Bingo pañero! As to Ellen, heheheh (no emoticons yet). Don't watch her show but liked her voice in Finding Nemo. Too bad her preferences are elsewhere... Do we have a local counterpart, that is, the opposite of Boy Abunda?

By all means, let's get together!

Last edited by CatsMeow; 10-18-2007 at 00:10..
Old 10-18-2007, 00:36   #21
dometop

Quote:
x x x Too bad her preferences are elsewhere... Do we have a local counterpart, that is, the opposite of Boy Abunda?

By all means, let's get together!
Yeah, i'll still probably hit it. i don't particularly know about local counterparts, mainly because in showbiz these days, just because it walks, talks, and tastes like a duck, doesn't necessarily mean its actually a duck.

Sige, let's get together. By mid-December, let's start a thread inviting all Cebu BoGs to a get together. Maybe, if time and resources permit, we could set up a small funshoot which the BoGs of Kamagong in Lahug may want to host, or in the alternative, show-shoot-and-tell na lang ta. I'll also check kung pwede ta sa shooting range sa Tambuli Beach Club.
BoG #24
Old 10-18-2007, 00:46   #22
CatsMeow

Ok. I'll go to Kamagong this weekend to find out what sort of fun Cebuboy and the others are up to, gun ban and all.

Do you practice labor law? If so I can put you in my e-mailing list of my updates of labor cases. My little project, restricted to my classmates and the NLRC.

On the subject of animals, I didn't see any dogs around when I arrived home. Perhaps the fact that some children got some firecrackers and were merrily setting them off had something to do with it.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53   #23
dometop

Quote:
Ok. I'll go to Kamagong this weekend to find out what sort of fun Cebuboy and the others are up to, gun ban and all.

Do you practice labor law? If so I can put you in my e-mailing list of my updates of labor cases. My little project, restricted to my classmates and the NLRC.
Shoot or no-shoot, oks lang. Mas importante ang magka-ilhanay ta! No, i dont practice labor law, but i would welcome your updates, and consider it a privilege to be included in your mailing list! Thanks in advance.
BoG #24
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09   #24
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

I'm still waiting for the outrage....

I wish to enter this as Exhibit R.....

Hypocrisy I say!
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42   #25
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
I always got the hantak and tigbakay cases when I was still a fiscal. Never went further, guys just plead guilty and pay fine. The judge always referred to the evidence as "chickens", what's left of them, since the seized dead cocks are represented in court by their cut-off legs. The live ones...the cops got them.

whats hantak and tigbakay? is that another term for tupada?