GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2007, 17:12   #41
Rugby

The whiskey locker. One troubled recruit and two DI's enter, two DI's leave and corrected recruit staggers out later.

Sun gods holding rifles.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
Rugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 17:16   #42
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
How about being on the 500 yard line at the rifle range and having the DI tell you to grab your gear and run to the pits. Upon arrival another DI asks what the **** you're doing here and sends you back. Repeat.

Our guide at the time was Jason Hearns, the cousin of Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns and was a huge Dark Green, they could not break that man. We had three platoons lined up to march out of the butts, when our JR decided to tell Hearns to sneak up behind the targets and take the guidon of the forward platoon.

Hearns did more than that, he snuck up there, grabbed the guidon, broke it over his knee and punched their guide right on the chin, knocking him out. As you all well know, it was on then. The DIs had a hard time breaking it up without firing a sidearm into the air, the rangemaster had. Three platoons, swinging M-16s like they were baseball bats, in the mud, with several recruits unconscious in the muck face down, it was a melee. From then on the other platoons didn't mess with us by breaking our formation or starting any nonsense. That was one for the memory books.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 17:17   #43
Rugby

Two seperate incidents at mail call.

One recruit got a can of dip from his brother. The DI made him chew the whole can right there.

A recruit got cookies for his birthday, "enough for the whole platoon" his mom loving wrote in the letter. The DI made him stand in front of us and eat the whole box right there as we sang happy birthday to him.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:18   #44
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

We would deal Robitussin in the head, $5 a bottle or the guy who could spit shine like nobody's business would obtain his through favors, then sell shots in the head. Man, this is bringing back all kinds of good stuff.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:19   #45
Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Our guide at the time was Jason Hearns, the cousin of Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns and was a huge Dark Green, they could not break that man. We had three platoons lined up to march out of the butts, when our JR decided to tell Hearns to sneak up behind the targets and take the guidon of the forward platoon.

Hearns did more than that, he snuck up there, grabbed the guidon, broke it over his knee and punched their guide right on the chin, knocking him out. As you all well know, it was on then. The DIs had a hard time breaking it up without firing a sidearm into the air, the rangemaster had. Three platoons, swinging M-16s like they were baseball bats, in the mud, with several recruits unconscious in the muck face down, it was a melee. From then on the other platoons didn't mess with us by breaking our formation or starting any nonsense. That was one for the memory books.
Dark green. God, I haven't heard that in years. "In the Corps we are all green, some are just dark green".
Old 11-13-2007, 17:23   #46
Rugby

"Feet apart. Hands up. Elbows in. Chin down. Combat warrior stance aye,aye sir!"
Old 11-13-2007, 17:23   #47
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
Dark green. God, I haven't heard that in years. "In the Corps we are all green, some are just dark green".
Yeah, and dude was a big man, stomach stuck out, but it was knots of muscle, long arms and pretty imposing, but the funniest, nicest guy on earth. I ended up going through artillery school with him, he was a gun bunny, he'd be out in the sand pits on liberty wrestling two guys at once for money.

Another story about him, he was standing in formation before liberty on friday night in arty school, which was at Ft. Sill an Army Basic Training site...when an Army Drill Sergeant decided to break our formation and walk between Hearns and the next Marine. Hearns picked him up and body slammed him. He got in Hearns' face and talked a bunch, then went to our Gunny and *****ed. The Gunny came out, asked Hearns what happened, Hearns explained he broke our ranks and the Gunny told the Drill Sergeant he'd whoop his arse himself if he ever broke Marine ranks again.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:44   #48
Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
We would deal Robitussin in the head, $5 a bottle or the guy who could spit shine like nobody's business would obtain his through favors, then sell shots in the head. Man, this is bringing back all kinds of good stuff.

No "drug dealing" in boot camp that I knew of. In Desert Storm it was those ****ing Hydroxycut pills. They were going for $20.00/pill. Nothing like getting amp'd up on Hydroxycut and lookin' for something to kill.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:48   #49
Rugby

Man, the memories. Enlisting was the greatest thing I ever did in my life. I doubt I'd be where I am today if it wasn't for the Corps. Semper Fi my brothers. Now I'm all teary-eyed.
Old 11-19-2007, 20:44   #50
TurtleBoy617
OoRah!

damn all of these stories. I am not a Marine yet. However, for some strange, sick reason, I am really looking forward to PI this summer. It is going to be a long 13 weeks isnt it...? But will certainly be worth it, and through pain, I will gain strength. Semper Fidelis
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56   #51
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Just remember, boot camp is all about keeping you in a constant state of confusion and chaos. the bottom line of "every Marine is a rifleman" meaning you must be able to function in chaotic environments, so as much as the DIs will keep you thinking WTF, the purpose will be ingrained in your psyche about keeping clear focus on the objective. You should be looking forward to it, it will the the finest life changing event of your lifetime, there is no better feeling (aside from the obvious high school girlfriend) than when you earn that title Marine, when you hear your Senior begin his cadence to dismiss your platoon, you've earned that title, and you will know what it means that day.

Good luck recruit, Semper Fidelis
Old 11-20-2007, 20:34   #52
Mosi
mo-zee

Carefully picking up our dorky guide in his rack at zero and a wake up and locking him in the whiskey locker.

Graduating in Dress Blues (all of us)

Having the SDI roll a TV in the squad bay and letting us watch daddy Bush tell us the war (Desert Storm) was over and all of us booing because we wouldn't see action.

My HUGE 2nd degree blister burns that put me on light duty through the rifle range. There is nothing more comfy than sitting on bloody feet while qualifying in the sitting position.

"GANGWAY LIVE GRENADE!"

Getting stuffed "*******s to elbows" into cattle trucks to get to morning chow at the Navy base while they finished the new (then) chow hall.

Being the "2111" recruit that doubled locked the rifles and got to do late chow as a result.... ahhh, being able to take my time to eat was great!

Getting 2nd highest shooter in the platoon. The Platoon getting maintenance instead of mess because we took the range.

It goes on and on...

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor safety
~Benjamin Franklin
Mosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:28   #53
jayzazueta

Just want to say Thanks to all the Devil Dogs, For what you did or doing! I tried to become part of your guys Corps right out of high school but the Corps didn't think I was fit for it! M.E.P.S. DQ'd me due to Asthma history! I was pretty mad about that but I still have great respect for the U.S.M.C.
Old 04-13-2008, 16:52   #54
E__WOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357glocker View Post
Do they still use the "Cobra" smell good stuff in huge quantities for everything?
Before inspections, our DI's sprayed some listerine in our mouths which we were not allowed to spit out. Sometimes they would spray Cobra 65 into our mouths instead.
E__WOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 17:08   #55
inkslut
NRA Member

Send a message via Yahoo to inkslut
Quote:
Originally Posted by E__WOK View Post
Before inspections, our DI's sprayed some listerine in our mouths which we were not allowed to spit out. Sometimes they would spray Cobra 65 into our mouths instead.
Yes, the DIs getting the spray bottles mixed up was always fun. And you were not allowed to spit out the cologne either.
inkslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:05   #56
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkslut View Post
Yes, the DIs getting the spray bottles mixed up was always fun. And you were not allowed to spit out the cologne either.
Yeah we had SeaBreeze aftershave in 87. We had to close our eyes open our mouths and the DIs would take both bottles of them and just point them in our faces and shoot. If you winced, you got direct shots of Sea Breeze in your mouth, nothing like that flavor that lasts through inspection. You wonder why our inspection photos in the yearbook were so serious, we still had that bitter taste in our mouths.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38   #57
KAZ

June 1966, Brothers of the Yellow Footprints. Riding the train(drunk) from Dallas to SD. Lots of very funny situations if you were stupid enough to laugh. NonQual recruit one PT over offing himself in the head. Throwing swabbies who were dumb enough to try going AWOL over "our" fence back. I understand that they no longer train there. Walking out on the Oceanside pier with that great smoked fish being cooked. Cold beer/best margaritas/topless chicks in the world at the Normandy. Regards
MEMBER MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
KAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15   #58
Leigh

Evening hygeine drill after showering.

Everybody in their skivvies and flip-flops doing that stupid little shuffle.

A recruit's manhood flops out directly across the squad bay from me (those cheap white skivvies had a very generous opening).

I quickly glance to the guy to my left and right. We all know we will pay a high price but it was just too funny to see this guy standing at attention and not moving to fix himself while the DI's are barking orders and accusing him of being a homosexual and a child molester!

We burst out in uncontrollable laughter; a very short burst mind you, but still laughter.

Of course, the mountain climbers ensued but man, it was hilarious!
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 23:14   #59
BullsEye10X
Semper Fidelis

The first couple weeks at PI, almost everyone had a cough or cold of some kind. I don't know if it was from all the different germs in one place, all those vaccinations or what. So I write home asking for some cough drops... Big mistake! Mom sent 5 bags, Dad another 5 So the SDI throws them at everyone and says he doesn't want to see any after tomorrow. Well I had a whole bag left the next day and of course he finds 'em. Calls me up and has two recruits on either side opening cough drops while he's jamming 'em down the hatch
To this day I can't stand f'ing cough drops.

Another day, we'd been out playing in the pit. Came back in the squad bay all sweaty/nasty. SDI is pissed about something or other and has us strip down to nothing. About the time I'm thinking we're headed for the shower, he says "wagonwheel" We got about halfway around and he says stop, then made us get dressed with whoever's clothes we were in front of. Wore them for the rest of that day. Ewww...

Ever since that summer, everything else in life has been a cake walk

Last edited by BullsEye10X; 04-26-2008 at 23:24..
BullsEye10X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:05   #60
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

I love it.

I remember coming back from field training, right after we humped B#&ch Ridge and had to go into the gas chambers, the quonset huts....the CS gas was so strong, that orange haze, that every one of us had sore throats so bad they quarantined the entire MCRD base and we all had to get bicillin shots, huge needle in the buttcheek. The DIs weren't so happy that they had to get shots too so they made us all get on the quarterdeck with our hands on our heads "stand up, sit down stand up, sit down" slamming our already painful butts onto the tile. Bruises for a couple weeks.

Another one was Christmas morning at the rifle range, got up at 4am and they sweat us in groups in those deep, soft sand pits, having us dive in head first and do the "Mark Spitz" tossing sand with our faces, then saying "oh, we forgot it's Christmas, get up and get back in the rack now move". Ahhh nothing like sleeping in on Christmas morning, soaked in sweat and cammies filled with sand.