Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46   #1
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
Brock Lesnar's first opponent announced

Brock Lesnar will make his UFC debut at UFC 81: Super Saturday in Las Vegas, Nevada against former UFC Heavyweight champion Frank Mir.

Many people are writing the former World Wrestling Entertainment off as a sideshow attraction, but Lesnar is a four-time All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, two-time College National champion and former NCAA champion in the heavyweight division in Division I wrestling. Not to mention he will be cutting weight to make the 265 weight limit and is EXTREMELY fast for his size.

Frank Mir is a former UFC Heavyweight champion, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black belt and has won five of his ten wins within the first 1:20 of the first round.

I like Frank Mir and I have high hopes for Lexnar. I have to say, I hope Mir takes it, he can't afford another loss after a disappointing return from injury and Lesnar can take a loss from a former HW champ.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32   #2
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter

Yep, saw that. Should be an interesting match up.

Lesnar is a VERY big HW. As stated, Mir is a former HW champ and has dispatched of some previous opponents in VERY quick and dominant fashion.

I've never seen Lesnar in (real) action; just some of that WWE crap, although I'm fully aware of his collegiate creds. He's a dedicated athlete, no question.

Mir's got a proven record in the ring, though. Seen him in some really good fights and would love to see him take out Lesnar; it'd be a BIG feather in his cap. Much rather watch him fight than listen to him on the mic. Not terribly bad when he's commentating (on WEC), but having to listen to him do post fights with the winners makes me wanna' stab myself in the eye with a spoon.

Bottom line is, he definitely needs the W here. Hope he gets it. Not so much that I want to see Lesnar get annihalated, but there'd be NO shame in him losing to Mir, and it'd be a great learning experience for him.
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11   #3
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
Not much to see, but here is his first and only MMA match so far.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5XLkqQwIT2k

Doesn't say too much about how he will fair against a good ground guy like Mir though.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:16   #4
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter

Thanks for the linky, gr8 1, but it's a no-show from my work computer. Gots the duty today, so I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to watch it.
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:36   #5
osiruscyn
Broken Member

For me, this is one of the greatest fights they have announced in a long time. I hate Frank Mir with a passion. I went to high school with him and he's a complete ******. I hope Brock breaks Mir's face and forces Mir into retirement.
osiruscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 19:16   #6
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Mir definitely seemed like an arrogant prick in the earlier days of his career but he seems like he's grown up a lot since his motorcycle accident. Of course that could just be bull**** and he plays to the cameras like a lot of other guys do.

This fight really hinges on which Frank Mir shows up. If it's the old Mir, he'll hurt Lesnar. If it's the Mir we've seen since the accident, he's not gonna have a good night.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 17:57   #7
ksglocker
9mm Phaser

I like Lesnar in this fight. Going to go with GnP in the 2nd.

Mir's not the same since the accident, and neither is the UFC's HW division.
Every once in a while declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
ksglocker is offline   Reply With Quote