SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2007, 17:55   #1
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

SC State fair has metal detectors ...

... but they are a joke. When I first saw them I started to turn around and go put my G23 in my car; however I heard the racket they were making so I decided to watched for a few minutes (long line). The metal detectors were buzzing for everyone that went through them so I figured what the heck and I went through it. Sure enough it went off; I showed them my watch and cell phone and I was waved through.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:59   #2
spober

what a waste of time resorses and money.o well i havent gone to the NC fair since 1980.27 years and the only thing thats different is the cost!i took a date and spent around 20 dollers(i remember because i was a strugling student at wake tech at the time)we ate alot and stayed around 12 hours.20 bucks including a a buck for parking.im sure today were taking about 50 bucks minimum!
spober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 13:14   #3
The Pontificator
Angry Samoan

I just went to the SC State Fair website and reviewd their "rules and regulations". Predictable, "no concealeable weapons".

I've never be able to determine if the SC state fairgrounds are actually a municipally-owned property or privately owned.

If they are municipally-owned then they cannot legally make you disarm...the only parts off limits are the municipally-owned buildings themselves.

If the grounds are privately owned then they're supposed to use state compliant signage at every entrance. Last time I checked, there were signs on the windows at the ticket booths but they were not state compliant (this has been several years ago.

HOWEVER....

Even if the grounds are privately owned and not posted in accordance with state law you can still be notified by the owner's legal representative (in this case, the cops working the gates) that CCW is not allowed once it has been determined that you are carrying. In this case they are giving you notice and you'd either have to leave (and disarm to come in) or face arrest for trespassing after notice if you refused to leave. I don't believe that they could legally arrest you for carrying simply because the fair mgt. says no weapons (providing the grounds have no state compliant signage.

I'm out of breath....

Last edited by The Pontificator; 10-13-2007 at 13:27..
The Pontificator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 15:56   #4
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

There are a couple of no concealable weapons allowed signs, however there are not any that meet the SC Code of laws. I was prepared to take my G23 back to my car if confronted but I was ignored ... so much for security.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:25   #5
Glockphobia
NOT!

i had 2 knives on me and it didnt go off
Carolina Glocker #1922
You know you're in the south when :
Case(s) of beer is the legal tender for car repairs
Glockphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18   #6
Mnukedude
Lurking

I left my weapon in the car for this, and watched as they waved everyone on through. It was revolting. I'm not sure which bugged me more: the fact that I was obeying the rules and it didn't seem to matter or the concept that they were searching people (and doing such a lousy job) like we were all criminals. I would not have gone, but my wife wanted to so badly.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06   #7
CarlosC
AK Fanatic

I was forced to go to the Fair and it sucked just it does every year. I also left my G-23 in my car, but I felt better once inside and noticed there were tons of cops everywhere. False sense of security? Perhaps.
To tell you the truth, carrying my G-23 has become as second nature as putting on my seatbelt...I don't even think about it anymore. It's when I don't have it that I feel odd.