Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2007, 14:57   #1
K.C. Dia

Emeril Live Cancelled

I heard that Emeril Live is being cancelled, last program will be December 11, 2007. I wonder what Food Network will be without Emeril Live? I personally will not miss the bams and "oh yeah babe", but he is one of the main draws to the evening programming. Essence of Emeril is apparently staying. Will Alton Brown's Good Eats be next?
K.C. Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 15:37   #2
lethal tupperwa

you can always look for Floyd over on the travel channel.

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:09   #3
Glockerel
Got Mojo?

I won't miss him either- every time he adds garlic the audience reacts like barking seals. Also the whole idea of him never wearing a hat make me think his secret ingredient is curly black strands of "portugese seasoning".
Old 11-28-2007, 09:53   #4
sweetatergal

Hubby was telling me about this just this morning. But, like I told him and some of ya'll have stated.....I won't miss him either. He was not my "favorite" show to watch. I'd usually watch it if there was nothing else on.
Old 11-28-2007, 13:23   #5
Str8shootr

As influential as Emeril has been to the Food Channel, I can imagine he will still be around in some capacity.

I enjoyed him years ago, but as time went by and his popularity grew (as did his "bams" and "Oh yeah babes") I tended to watch him less and less, until hardly at all.

I do give him a great deal of credit for the publics' new awareness about the joys of cooking. He has done waaayyyyyyy good in my opinion for that.

Is it me, or do you people feel the food channel in general is undergoing a change for the worse? I don't watch the cannel near as much as I used to.
Old 11-28-2007, 15:17   #6
K.C. Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shootr View Post
As influential as Emeril has been to the Food Channel, I can imagine he will still be around in some capacity.

I enjoyed him years ago, but as time went by and his popularity grew (as did his "bams" and "Oh yeah babes") I tended to watch him less and less, until hardly at all.

I do give him a great deal of credit for the publics' new awareness about the joys of cooking. He has done waaayyyyyyy good in my opinion for that.

Is it me, or do you people feel the food channel in general is undergoing a change for the worse? I don't watch the cannel near as much as I used to.

I think you are right about the decline in food network. Most of what I watch I TIVO from the morning or afternoon shows. The evening shows are mostly unwatchable with some exceptions. I still like to watch food being prepaired, even though I have heard "let your seared steak rest for 15 minutes, so the juices will flow back" and the like for hundreds of times. Sort of like the seatbelt demonstration in an airplane.
Old 11-28-2007, 15:23   #7
K.C. Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
you can always look for Floyd over on the travel channel.

Man, talk about a wierd duck, Floyd is it, but he is entertaining. However, nothing he cooks looks like it is worth eating, unless a stew with fishheads, chicken legs, and fourty other ingredents appeals to you. But you gotta admire him when he cooks this stuff in front of a crowd that has no idea who or what he is. I especially liked his shows on the wines of France and hope that they repeat it.
Old 11-28-2007, 16:59   #8
sweetatergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shootr View Post

I don't watch it like I use to. I mainly watch it on Saturday and Sunday mornings (and it it is like the uptenth time I've seen the show, I don't pay much attention to it). Not too much new coming from the "oldies" (Giada, Barefoot, Paula...etc). Too many repeats right now.
Old 11-28-2007, 19:18   #9
stooxie
NRA Life Member

The problem with the Food Network is that they have changed their format from cooking shows to entertainment. Just like MTV found that The Real World was more lucrative than Head Bangers Ball, FoodTV is finding that Emeril's antics are a better draw than actually teaching someone something.

I used to love the channel now I don't watch it at all. It's nothing but reality shows (Top Chef, etc), contests, gratuitous homages to their top entertainers (Emeril, Rachel Ray, that idiot Bobby Flay, etc, etc).

Once it got popular with the masses it became time to start catering to them. No pun intended.

-Stooxie
Old 12-02-2007, 00:30   #10
Remander

Me too. I used to watch FN religiously, but the channel has gone away from cooking and toward entertainment.

Too much Sandra Lee type junk.

I still like Alton and Tyler Florence, but I watch more of America's Test Kitchen on PBS. I have also subscribed to Cooks Illustrated magazine.
Remander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31   #11
jason10mm
NRA-GOA-TSRA

I agree. I enjoy some of the entertainment shows like Iron Chef, Throwdown and Alton's food on the road show, but I wish they got back to more technique and basic ingredients.

And if I have to watch one more giant fancy cake competition show I'm gonna scream.
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 20:03   #12
AndABeer
Proud pappy

Emeril will remain in his "Essence of Emeril" show. Good Eats will permanently take over the 8e/7c slot, perhaps even expanded to an hour rather than 2-30mins.

All I can say is thank the Lord they didn't give the slot to Rachel or I'd have to swear the channel off altogether.

"Dude, ya gotta have stuff that sucks if you want to have stuff that's cool." Butthead
AndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 22:31   #13
Seafarer12

I never watch emeral, he is too annoying for me. I do like good eats. I wish they would show the original iron chef. I liked that more than the american version. I do like some of their other shows but there are others I hate. Rachel, Sandra Lee, and Ida ( I lost all respect for her when she sent her husband out to buy cornbread to make dressing). I can make a pan of cornbread in the amount of time it would take me to run to the store to buy some.
" Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:08   #14
rhikdavis
U.S. Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rhikdavis Send a message via Skype™ to rhikdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetatergal View Post
I don't watch it like I use to. I mainly watch it on Saturday and Sunday mornings (and it it is like the uptenth time I've seen the show, I don't pay much attention to it). Not too much new coming from the "oldies" (Giada, Barefoot, Paula...etc). Too many repeats right now.
Must be the writer's strike. LOL.