Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2007, 22:07   #1
TurboRocket

Well gents, hit a long-sought-after PR tonight...

CJ and DBrad - you guys probably remember I stalled on my back squats a few months ago and had been concentrating on evening out my lower body strength with my upper body. Had a goal to BS 6 plates by the end of 2007. Well, tonight I hit it, FINALLY. Relatively deep squat (not A2A but definitely below parallel), no belt (as always), and barefoot. I know this is probably nothing for you beasty former power-lifters/O-lifters but I was pretty pumped. Finally hit it, a bit earlier than planned, and now I can finally move beyond that. If nothing else, it's a great mental lift. Actually, I felt good enough that I could have maybe gone another 5 or 10 lbs but I was happy stopping on a positive note.

Just wanted to share and say thanks to you guys in this forum. CJ, your 20 rep squat routine definitely helped, as I saw gradual improvements week-over-week.

If I could string all of my PRs together my CrossFit Total would be close to 865. That's a big if, though. Haven't tested my CFT in a long time...may try to do that before the end of the year just to see the 1 year progression.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GT S&C - We know squat.
TurboRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 22:17   #2
California Jack

WAY TO GO! That's some good lifting! I have never really done much back squatting. I have always prefered the front squat. I bet if we lifted against each other today, you would have won, at a considerable less bodyweight too. I'm very impressed and glad I could be of assistance. Cool.
Old 12-03-2007, 22:35   #3
Shabcat
car chaser

What's the 20 rep squat program? Is it the basic "milk and squats" template (whether or not the dietary aspect was followed)?
Shabcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 22:46   #4
DBradD

Awesome TR!!

Shabcat, it's something like that. There's a thread somewhere down the page that describes it, IIRC, but it might be a ways down.
DBradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:12   #5
California Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabcat View Post
What's the 20 rep squat program? Is it the basic "milk and squats" template (whether or not the dietary aspect was followed)?
Yeah, that' the ticket.
Old 12-04-2007, 19:55   #6
TurboRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabcat View Post
As I understand it, take your 10-rep max but do 20 reps. If it is truly your 10 RM, eaking out 20 is a b*tch. Generally speaking though, I just started at a weight (not knowing if it was truly my 10 RM) a bit over my BW, did the 20-reps, and made sure I added weight every BS workout. The milk part is to drink a gallon a day - which I didn't do (don't drink milk) but I did concentrate on ingesting more protein shakes.

I have to come up with of some other BIG strength goals for next year, probably in DL, Cleans, and/or Press.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GT S&C - We know squat.
TurboRocket is offline   Reply With Quote