Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-13-2007, 19:52   #1
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
1911 work in Louisville

So who do you recommend for 1911 work in Louisville right now? I have a Colt in .38 super and an aftermarket 9mm barrel. I need to have the barrel fitted to the gun.
Old 12-13-2007, 20:13   #2
Clyde
Lost in KY

Send a message via Yahoo to Clyde
Sounds like a Steel challenge gun.

Gemini Custom in Frankfort not sure what his lead time is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 20:24   #3
GLW

Joe Barnsfather has done work on my 1911s and is currently building a new match gun for the Single Stack Classic for me. He does meticulous work and a barrel fit would be a snap for him. If you need his number, pm me.
GLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 21:33   #4
Berretta9

Dom on a side note, check out the grips the guy in Frankfort uses by Wicked Grip. Go to their web site, they are some of the coolest I've seen.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 22:55   #5
cwshootersupply

I have never meet Mr Barnsfather but heard that he does excellant work.
of course there is those guys on Bardstown Road..............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

cwshootersupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:52   #6
Berretta9

Please tell me you are talking about that great little shop in Fern creek and not Firearms Sales and service
Old 12-15-2007, 14:58   #7
cwshootersupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berretta9 View Post
Please tell me you are talking about that great little shop in Fern creek and not Firearms Sales and service
I shall leave that to others to determine. I am not perfect and do make mistakes and sometimes both places put out good jobs..........

And some peaple don't care for my smart a-- sarcas-mmmm and most urban humor..............

cwshootersupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 19:38   #8
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Firearms Service Center fitted the barrel and it's running like a scalded dog now.

Revelation: I hate the 1911 grip safety. I am going to have to have the safety pinned...or something. I think the colt's next tune up will be some quality time with Joe Barnesfather for a new ignition system/action job and maybe he can come up with a solution for my grip safety woes. If I can't run it in USPSA Single Stack with a pinned safety I'll just have to start shooting ESP in IDPA.
Old 12-23-2007, 20:20   #9
45gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzilla9 View Post
Firearms Service Center fitted the barrel and it's running like a scalded dog now.

Revelation: I hate the 1911 grip safety. I am going to have to have the safety pinned...or something. I think the colt's next tune up will be some quality time with Joe Barnesfather for a new ignition system/action job and maybe he can come up with a solution for my grip safety woes. If I can't run it in USPSA Single Stack with a pinned safety I'll just have to start shooting ESP in IDPA.
IPDA. Bite your tongue Dom.
Old 12-23-2007, 21:26   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzilla9 View Post

Dom, that is a Wilson drop in grip safety that has never been fitted or adjusted. Combining that with the arched mainspring housing means you really have to push in to get it to release. If you keep the Wilson safety, some internal adjustment where it meets the back of the trigger would allow it to release sooner and it would work great. They generally need ot be fitted a little, but I never got around to it. Either that or go back to the straight mainspring housing. One of the reasons people like the straight MS housing is it is easier to push in the grip safety, but with slight fitting the little hump on the Wilson will allow it to work with the arched MS.
Old 12-23-2007, 21:47   #11
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45gunner View Post
IPDA. Bite your tongue Dom.
Aaaaa. IDPA... Another potential convert....better watch your step, gunner.
I'll get you too, my pretty, and your little dog, too.

TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 22:16   #12
Berretta9

Oh my God. I is a scared for him
Old 12-24-2007, 05:17   #13
45gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreehugginGlock View Post
Aaaaa. IDPA... Another potential convert....better watch your step, gunner.
I'll get you too, my pretty, and your little dog, too.

I don't think he is a convert he just saying that with the safety the way it is, its slow to shoot, and he might as well shot IPDA with it.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:19   #14
Berretta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45gunner View Post
I don't think he is a convert he just saying that with the safety the way it is, its slow to shoot, and he might as well shot IPDA with it.
excellent retort John.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:34   #15
KYgundoc

I have yet to shoot an IDPA match so I do not know firsts hand but it sounds like you are saying that a gun too slow to shoot single stack in USPSA would be OK to shoot IDPA? Or am I reading too much into this?

KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:31   #16
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYgundoc View Post
I have yet to shoot an IDPA match so I do not know firsts hand but it sounds like you are saying that a gun too slow to shoot single stack in USPSA would be OK to shoot IDPA? Or am I reading too much into this?
They just don't possess the focus it takes to shoot an IDPA match, so they poke fun at it.

When shooting IDPA, you will, most likely at first, need to shoot slower so you can actually be able to execute all of the required moves while being accurate instead of just missing fast.

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy shooting USPSA, too, but IDPA requires more focus and concentration on how and what you're doing since it is more structured. To use a dance analogy, it's more of a classic ballet instead of a expressionistic street dance. Different forms, both fun to participate in and watch, but requiring different focus and discipline.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50   #17
Berretta9

Dean, I'm not sure about the dance illustration. I think it's more a case of you need to make sure your little finger and not your index is in your left nostril while drawing and shooting at a target. Hence you have to be slower so you don't fall and do brain damage.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:56   #18
Berretta9

IDPA Champ

Last edited by Berretta9; 02-25-2009 at 11:05..
Old 12-24-2007, 11:36   #19
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
If IDPA stands for I don't practice anymore then does USPSA stand for Unholster shoot pray shoot again ?

To quote "Can't we all just get along?"

glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:48   #20
Berretta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockguy609 View Post
If IDPA stands for I don't practice anymore then does USPSA stand for Unholster shoot pray shoot again ?

To quote "Can't we all just get along?"
That sounds about right.