Old 12-14-2007, 12:48   #1
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Man shoots and kills home-invasion robber

Wow, this is wild...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2328813

Quote:
Police are looking for two suspects in a home invasion robbery. A third suspect is dead after the homeowner shot him.

West Valley Police say it started just before 10:30 last night when a woman knocked on the door of a residence near 3500 South and 4400 West. Then two men forced their way into the home.

Three people were home at the time -- the homeowner, his wife and their baby, who was sleeping in another room.

The invaders taped the wife to a chair while they forced the homeowner around the house at gunpoint to collect valuables. At some point the homeowner was able to overpower one of the robbers, grab his gun, and kill him.

Police say the homeowner called for help. "It was the owner that called us and said, 'These guys broke into my house, and I shot one of them,'" said Lt. Lamont Cox of the West Valley Police Department.

Now police are looking for the second robber, who fled, and the woman who knocked on the door.

Sgt. Chad Evans said, "Because of what happened last night, we believe he's probably more scared and on the run than looking to do something like this again. We're hoping that's the case."

Police have not yet identified the suspect who was killed. They do know from tattoos that the man was in a gang. Because of that, police aren't releasing the victims' names.

"Just in the far chance that any friends or suspects were interested in any type of retaliation," Sgt. Evans said.

The male suspect on the loose is believed to be armed. The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but the case is still under investigation.
Why would they say that the homeowner hasn't been charged with anything... That should go w/o saying... He had every right to defend himself and the lives of his family members...

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.

Last edited by RMTactical; 12-14-2007 at 12:51..
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 18:02   #2
Steve Koski
Got Insurance?

Glad only the bad guys got hurt/dead.
Old 12-14-2007, 18:32   #3
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Koski View Post
Glad only the bad guys got hurt/dead.
For sure...

You know, this story reminded me of a similar story I had heard about in Vegas a few year back, but it had a much worse ending.

It started with a man knocking on a guys door (I think he was a Doctor IIRC) telling him some kids had thrown his car keys in the backyard or something. When they he got in the backyard, he was jumped by several men.

They beat this guy within an inch of his life, took turns raping his wife, stole all of their jewelry/valuables including a brand new GMC Yukon...

I had also heard that another common trick in Vegas that people were doing was similar to the one in this story. That is, having a female knock on the door and when it is answered, men would force their way in and rob the place. I think they thought it was the same group of guys, and I don't even know if they caught them.

It just hits home, thinking about other men tying up and/or raping your wife and being able to do nothing about it...

I've been mugged at gunpoint... it is a sucky feeling knowing that the guys with the guns are only the bad guys...

Old 12-14-2007, 22:33   #4
UtahIrishman
BLR

We used to live just around the corner from there. Glad we moved, wished we'd moved farther.

Glad the homeowner and his wife are ok.

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:49   #5
UtahBen

The sad note of the story is that he didn't have a gun ready to kill ALL of the attackers when they came into his home.

It's kinda funny their baby didn't even wake up from all the commotion.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:29   #6
Steve Koski
Got Insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBen View Post
The sad note of the story is that he didn't have a gun ready to kill ALL of the attackers when they came into his home.
Exactly! You're in a bad way when you have to disarm someone to arm yourself!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:48   #7
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Quote" Sgt. Chad Evans said, "Because of what happened last night, we believe he's probably more scared and on the run than looking to do something like this again. We're hoping that's the case." End Quote.

This Sgt should get a clue. Hope springs eternal, but violent felons continue their trades until they are caught and jailed or shot and killed. If they has a normal sense of 'fear" they wouldn't commit these kind of crimes. I wonder what fate the wife would have suffered had they been able to "finish" their "Invasion".

When cops think like this, it is easy to see why we have problems in our criminal justice system. No, he's not Bad or evil, he's just scared, see he is human like us. We'd be sacred after someone shot at us too.........

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:37   #8
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBen View Post
Hey, some people have to learn the hard way... Luckily he learned his lesson w/o any harm coming to him and his family...

I recall that I was already pro-gun when I was robbed at gun point (I was 19 at the time, and on an LDS mission in Indianapolis), but that experience only strengthened my belief in honest citizens owning firearms. It wasn't long after I turned 21 (and got home from my mission) that I purchased my first firearm (G27).

Old 12-16-2007, 14:37   #9
DevinB
I am awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
I recall that I was already pro-gun when I was robbed at gun point (I was 19 at the time, and on an LDS mission in Indianapolis), but that experience only strengthened my belief in honest citizens owning firearms. It wasn't long after I turned 21 (and got home from my mission) that I purchased my first firearm (G27).
That's very similar to my story - we were in Santa Ana, CA, when a guy high on who-knows-what backed us into a corner and threatened us with a knife because he thought we "messed with his dog." A few months after being home I had a G26, and a few months later I had a CCW.