SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2007, 23:04   #1
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?

Sadly, I moved to the East Today

Yesterday, our WM, Bro. Dusty Stoker laid down forever the working tools of life and moved toward that "house not built with hands, eternal in the heavens". As SW, I will be acting WM for the next 6 months until election.

I attended Grand Lodge with Bro. Dusty only two weeks before his hospitalization. He was admitted with pancreatitis, and slipped into a coma within days. After a month of this, he was declared brain dead Saturday morning and was removed from life support. I just never really thought he would die. I expected every day to get a good report. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

Anyway, please remember his wife and 14 yo son in your prayers. Thanks Brothers.
Old 12-30-2007, 23:06   #2
ArodJohns

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyter2 View Post
Yesterday, our WM, Bro. Dusty Stoker laid down forever the working tools of life and moved toward that "house not built with hands, eternal in the heavens". As SW, I will be acting WM for the next 6 months until election.

I attended Grand Lodge with Bro. Dusty only two weeks before his hospitalization. He was admitted with pancreatitis, and slipped into a coma within days. After a month of this, he was declared brain dead Saturday morning and was removed from life support. I just never really thought he would die. I expected every day to get a good report. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

Anyway, please remember his wife and 14 yo son in your prayers. Thanks Brothers.
I'm sorry to hear that a Brother died. I'm sure the GAOTU has a special place for him. Remember the apron lecture.

As for you moving to the East

-Takes a magic marker and draws a big black X over Alabama-

Congrats! I hope everything goes well. They say I'll be there myself in 2 years.

Every day is exactly the same
ArodJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:52   #3
jrr6602

My father was appointed JD of my home town Lodge in the Texas Panhandle. He was in remission from lukemia at the time. His cancer returned again and attacked his organs. He passed away shortly after that. He helped with my EA. He never got around to joining any of the other bodies. He was in his 40's when joined Masonry. He did not live long enough to receive a 25 year pin.
Old 12-31-2007, 13:28   #4
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Zoyter,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and your lodge. It is a tough time, but things will work out.

Fraternally
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 13:34   #5
grecco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatdriver View Post
Zoyter,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and your lodge. It is a tough time, but things will work out.

Fraternally
My thoughts and prayers also.
Fraternally Bro.G
Old 12-31-2007, 19:19   #6
deputy tom

Prayers sent.Bro. SW You have taken a vow to assume the position of the WM in time of need and that time has come.Do your best to serve the Lodge to the best of your ability.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceÚl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 21:51   #7
JayPap
NRA Life Member

Zoyter, sorry to hear the bad news.

You, his Widow and Son are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your Lodge electing you as S.W. has shown much confidence in you and your abilities.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from Past Masters you will get through this, and I wish you the best.
Old 01-01-2008, 00:25   #8
ArodJohns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPap View Post
Your Lodge electing you as S.W. has shown much confidence in you and your abilities.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from Past Masters you will get through this, and I wish you the best.
+1 We're officers (especially the Wardens) to help the Master. Just because the SW is the only to actually mention helping the master, I'm sure the JW would help you as well.

Every day is exactly the same
ArodJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 13:39   #9
mmsig229

You may want to consider having a PM jump back in line as WM. I can see how moving from SW to WM may disrupt the line. Just a thought.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 14:36   #10
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?

Thanks for the words of encouragement Brothers. I have even had officers of other Lodges in the area put themselves at my call if I need anything.

We are a very small Lodge, usually only 8-10 at our regular communications, so this loss has even more impact.

Again, thanks Brothers.
Old 01-01-2008, 16:31   #11
Gambino

You will do just fine. Keep a clear outlook and listen to those that have served in the East.
Oaf#39367
Magnolia/Mississippi CLub #1
"Speak Low, Speak Slow, and Don't Say Too Much" ... John Wayne
"Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent."... Dionysius the Elder
Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote