Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-01-2008, 17:15   #1
DoubleEagle

Is this Iraq!!!!

Hello fellow GT'RS I just wanted to say happy new years, and to vent a little bit about new years eve night. I live on the eastside of indy and me and my gf were staying at home watching the ABC special and I known to have a few shots popped off at midnight in the neighbor hood (I don;t even think about it just because I don;t like neighbors knowing I have guns) But anyways I just wanted to have my gf brace herself if somebody pops a shot off. So 3..2...1... nothing maybe 30 secs goes by and POP..POP..POP..BOOM..BOOM. Well you get the idea and i start to look out windows and i see a neighbors shooting straight in the air which really pisses me off i heard close to 60 to 70 shots fired from the neighborhood some pistol some hand cannons or shotgun but anyways i said to my gf these are some ghetto M...FRS' shooting in to the sky i would at least shot in the ground but still be afraid of hiting a gas ling or something so anyways soory for the rant just needed to get that off my chest and i will be indoors again next year.
Old 01-01-2008, 21:00   #2
bradp

What a bunch of dumb*****es. It makes me mad when people do this..especially in town. I live in the middle of nowhere and I wouldn't think about shooting into the air.
Old 01-01-2008, 21:53   #3
IPDBrad

Cover is very important in some areas of town.

It blew my mind first New Years I worked. It wasn't as bad last night, I think the cool wet weather knocked it down a bit.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23   #4
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
Aside from the obvious safety issues, who the heck in their right mind would waste ammo like that given the current prices??!!! Oh, wait . . . I said, "right mind." Never mind.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 16:09   #5
Reagan40

We deal with this where we live too. I have a friend who is an LEO. He said he spends most of his time on New Years Eve and the 4th of July parked under an overpass when he is not responding to a call. I may join him next year.
"Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not facing any kind of financial crisis." Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts, ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee, in response to Bush Administration proposals for a bank-like regulator for Fannie and Freddie, NY Times '03
Reagan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:58   #6
Ignition
Insanityville

on a side note.... none of us out here in iraq shoot up in the air.

we like our bullets going horizontal ;-p
-Big Dawgs #5530 Young Glockers #5 OAF #1337 USMC- For Life  
-If they ban my guns, can i still use my sword? -a 9mm is really just a .45 set on stun
-Can we repeal Murphy's laws?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

-the 2nd amendment doesnt say the right to keep and bear long-guns
posted by Eric on the OAF --> Yes, when I was created, I killed all other Erics and assimilated them into my neural net. I am ERIC. I am all Erics.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 19:05   #7
pupcuss27
CLM Number 119
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition View Post
on a side note.... none of us out here in iraq shoot up in the air.

we like our bullets going horizontal ;-p
Thanks for your Service to Our Country!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:42   #8
KSFreeman
Broken Member

DE, no, it's not Iraq; it's The Swamp. Eastside of Indianapolis has always been like that.

Just ask our GIMPs here. Read the opening of "Black Rednecks & White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell. Complaints about the eastside of Indy have been ongoing since the Southern immigration moved those people up here. (I suggest reading the chapter on Indianapolis in "Winning the Race" as well for insight).

You cannot change the Eastside without changing the culture there. Until we do, leave the Eastside.
Old 01-05-2008, 19:33   #9
DoubleEagle

Thanks for the info KS I will look that up. But the whole thing I was trying to say was this has been ongoing for a few years now. I wasn;t in anyway making light of the war in Iraq. I fully support our troops and i love my country, I wish i could of joined the service but diabetes and a little over weight kept me from it, Im the only male in my family who hasn't served so I'm sorry if I offened anyone who has served in Iraq. I have lived in the same house since i was born 32 yrs and I have seen this neighborhood go from a really nice one to getting ghetto by the minute, I wish i could move but the way house's are seeling these day I would get nothing for it but it's cheap nice house I got a good deal for it. I know things change and I guess I need to except it. Oh and about 5 years ago there was supposedly a neighborhood crime watch formed but i don't no what happened to it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.Thanks and GOD bless our troops.