Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-03-2008, 20:04   #1
stlboarder

CCW Class Locations

Where did everyone take their CCW class and would you recommend it? I'm looking to take my class this month but I travel a lot so my schedual is real strict. So if anyone knows where I can take the class on a weekend that'd be great.
Old 01-03-2008, 22:07   #2
templetonhal

Did mine at Shooter's World off Indian School and I17. You can call them up for their latest schedule.
templetonhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 19:23   #3
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Guns Plus in Surprise. He teaches at Ben Avery and knows his stuff.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 00:37   #4
shaggy135

I took mine at Caswell's in Mesa. They are off the 60 and stapley. They have weekend classes. I also saw that Bass Pro Shop has classes too. They are off the 202 and Dobson.
shaggy135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 13:19   #5
Cryptoboy
Sr. Sr. Member!

Send a message via ICQ to Cryptoboy Send a message via AIM to Cryptoboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cryptoboy
I took mine at Caswell's also several years ago over the weekend. Now I think you have the option of a 1 day or 2 day course (1 day is all that's required now for your permit, but Caswell's still offered a 2 day course at one time). My wife got her permit when it was the 1 day course; both of us learned quite a bit and enjoyed the instructors as well!

Go Noles!!!
Cryptoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 22:51   #6
dsgrntldPW
A Short Member

Took mine @ Glendale Community College. Taught by Glendale PD staff. Did it on a Fri. night, Sat. and Sun. was range day. This was back when you needed around 24 hours for the permit, would be less now. Very good presentation and I got 1hr. of college credit.
Mulan's Labia
dsgrntldPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 23:06   #7
G26AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoboy View Post
I took mine at Caswell's also several years ago over the weekend. Now I think you have the option of a 1 day or 2 day course (1 day is all that's required now for your permit, but Caswell's still offered a 2 day course at one time). My wife got her permit when it was the 1 day course; both of us learned quite a bit and enjoyed the instructors as well!
My wife and oldest son both decided to get theirs last year, and since neither are "gun nuts', I suggested they take they 2 day course. Both had fun, and especially enjoyed the situations in the FATS simulator for showing them how fast things happen and decisions have to be made.

In the past I've done mine at Shooter's World, Caswells - and like was stated earlier, there's not a whole lot of diference between those 2 places in content.
G26AZ is offline   Reply With Quote