Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-19-2002, 03:02   #1
kend

George Carlin Ponderables...

Why do they put a suicide watch on certain death row prisoners? Why would you care if a man your planning to kill, kills himself? Does it spoil the fun? I also think about the death row prisoner in Texas who, on the day before his execution, managed to take a drug overdose. They rushed him to a hospital, saved his life, then brought him back to prison and killed him. Apparently just to piss him off.
kend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 03:55   #2
Steve Koski
Got Insurance?

I'm with George. If they want to save the taxpayers some $$$ and remove themselves from the gene pool, more power to them. Here's some rope. Have fun.
Steve Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 15:15   #3
larry_minn
Silver Membership

I loved the one where they did major dental work on guy less then 2 weeks before his big day. If they want to die give them the option to donate their organs anythime they want.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 18:44   #4
AC37
SystemicAnomaly

Re: George Carlin Ponderables...

Quote:
Originally posted by kend
...the death row prisoner in Texas who, on the day before his execution, managed to take a drug overdose. They rushed him to a hospital, saved his life, then brought him back to prison and killed him. Apparently just to piss him off.
Your taxpayer dollars hard at work!

I wonder if we could start a commercial about this.
AC37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 20:47   #5
Dogman
Getting Senior

Re: Re: George Carlin Ponderables...

Quote:
Originally posted by AC37
I wonder if we could start a commercial about this.
No, but you could start a political campaign.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:18   #6
WolfmanGK
Super Plump

George Carlin thinks gun owners have no reproductive organs. I suggest you post his drivel with caution.
WolfmanGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:59   #7
Dogman
Getting Senior

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanGK
George Carlin thinks gun owners have no reproductive organs. I suggest you post his drivel with caution.
Life is drivel. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

Lighten up, the guy's been funny for over 30 years !
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 23:59   #8
Zeker

Life Reflections by George Carlin

1. Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
2. I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.
3. I'm in shape. Round is a shape.
4. I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
5. Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
6. I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
7. Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?
8. Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
9. You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we have no idea where she is.
10. I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.
11. One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.
12. They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest problem.
13. Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.
14. A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said, "Don't you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" I said "I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you too."
15. Future historians will be able to study at the Jimmy Carter Library, the Gerald Ford Library, the Ronald Reagan Library, and the Bill Clinton Adult Bookstore.
Zeker is offline   Reply With Quote