SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-10-2008, 15:40   #1
BP44

Send a message via AIM to BP44 Send a message via Yahoo to BP44
Duck anyone..........?

Hi, I come by this forum every once in a while and havent seen that many duck recipes, sooo.... here it is.

Duck fillets with dressing and whatever

2 mallards - pintails-gadwalls- any larger ducks
or 4 teal-widgen-scaup-spoony ect.

breast out the duck "really take your time and get All of the meat" and pound out the breast with a mallet or fist untill it is veary thin 1/2''-1/4'' and then soak in italian dressing of your choice for 8 hrs at least "it kills the gamey taste and adds a great flavor". also bone out the legs/back/liver if you want and save all of the trimmings for your dressing. now heat a pan with oil " I use walnut oil because it doesnt hide any flavor" and add the leg/back/liver meat minced to the pan and seared and then add to the dressing "stovetop or what ever you want" now keep the oil in the pan very hot and fry the duck breast being carefull not to overcook, I cannot stress this enough DONT overcook it or it will taste like liver/iron. add veggies and drinks now eat and enjoy!!!!!

also if you pound out and soak the duck breast in italian "8 hrs." and wrap in bacon then skewer? it to hold the bacon in place then cook on the BBQ until the bacon crisps on low/med heat (my favorite recipe ever)

Last edited by BP44; 01-10-2008 at 15:42.. Reason: because I cant spell
BP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:35   #2
noway

fwiw:

I do my quail the same way. Wild duck is not the best imho for cooking compared to a store bought duck havles. I like to use a little vingerette dressing , but it can flash up once in awhile.

FWIW: Soaking a wild or even domestic duck meat in italian seasoning for 8hrs might make it over season or that has been my experience. I guess it trial and error.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 16:40   #3
BP44

Send a message via AIM to BP44 Send a message via Yahoo to BP44
FWIW: Soaking a wild or even domestic duck meat in italian seasoning for 8hrs might make it over season or that has been my experience. I guess it trial and error.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but wild ducks "at least in my neck of the woods" are a little on the gamey side.however on a store bought duck it would be overkill
BP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 18:49   #4
Seafarer12

A buddy of mine is a big bird hunter and he uses italian dressing on duck and goose. Then he will grill them.
" Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote