Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2008, 19:41   #1
rain252

Need recommend for good price shop in LA, CA

Do any Californians know a shop or sporting goods store in the LA, Calif area where Glocks are sold at a good price? preferably along the northern part of the LA area from the eastern greater LA area and west to Santa Monica.
Thanks

Last edited by rain252; 01-13-2008 at 22:36..
rain252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 18:31   #2
Juliet Lima
Hawaiian Guy

try turners. they have a bunch of locations. you can usually get lucky and find glocks at a good price. they have tons of other stuff too.

http://www.turners.com/turners/stores.html
Juliet Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 19:45   #3
Carcass2
Joe Momma's Bro

Try Gun World in Burbank. They pretty much stock the whole Glock line, and you can try to negotiate.

http://www.gunworldburbank.com/
California Glocker #666
Carcass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:33   #4
iceweazle
10mm Fan

I have had good luck with GunWorld in Burbank.

I will say the best deals I got were when I paid in full with cash when I made the deal. I usually deal with Joe and Paul.
iceweazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:25   #5
ArkinDomino
Registered Dude

Stay away from GUNWORLD!!! Their prices are insane. $699.99 for a G19 before tax and DOJ/DROS fees?! I bought my Ruger Mark III there and when I had a problem with the gun they directed me to another gun shop... Outstanding service eh?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:05   #6
Bob Loblaw

http://www.retting.com/index.php

I'm in this store a couple of times a week. Staff is usually pretty friendly, even the moody guy gives good advice. Prices seem about right for the area. Lot of used stuff, especially shotguns, rifles and Glocks all with a 1 year waranty I believe. High tag 1911's, Kahrs, CZ, Browning, Seacamp, no need to mention the big names because they have those too.

If you get down to Torrance, try Sharpshooters -
http://www.socalsharpshooter.com/about_us

Not a big selection but you can order from galleryofguns.com and shoot it at the range while you're waiting to take home. I got my Glock quick this way and saved a couple of bucks over Turners (which has pretty decent staff at the Torrance store). Sharpshooters also has great tactical classes - ask for Fred, he knows his stuff.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 07-14-2008 at 22:46..
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 14:39   #7
Inspire
Zero Cool

Send a message via AIM to Inspire
If you're close to the OC area I would recommend Fowler gun room. I just did a private party transfer there this morning as well as getting some guns appraised on Saturday. They are knowledgeable and helpful, although their prices might be a bit higher then the chain stores.

And Bob, Arrested Development is the best show ever!
Inspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 13:38   #8
hman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkinDomino View Post
Stay away from GUNWORLD!!! Their prices are insane. $699.99 for a G19 before tax and DOJ/DROS fees?! I bought my Ruger Mark III there and when I had a problem with the gun they directed me to another gun shop... Outstanding service eh?
I'd visited Gunworld twice and left empty handed because of the price tags and the horrible service.
hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 16:32   #9
Greg F.

Bain & Davis in San Gabriel (626) 573-4241 or (323) 283-7449 just got in a bunch of used Glocks from an LA gun club that couldn't sell them because they didn't meet LA city requirements anymore. I just bought a G29 there for $325. If you're LEO they also have a G17L, 24, & 24C for sale. They are also one of the only gunsmiths around as well.
edit to add: They're closed Sun-Mon.
"Only a coward would want fewer good guys with guns on the streets in today's world. Only a fool would support -much less design- such a policy of helplessness." Ted Nugent- God, Guns, & Rock 'N' Roll
Greg F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20   #10
Inspire
Zero Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg F. View Post
Bain & Davis in San Gabriel (626) 573-4241 or (323) 283-7449 just got in a bunch of used Glocks from an LA gun club that couldn't sell them because they didn't meet LA city requirements anymore. I just bought a G29 there for $325. If you're LEO they also have a G17L, 24, & 24C for sale. They are also one of the only gunsmiths around as well.
edit to add: They're closed Sun-Mon.
Haha, I play pool and go drinking with Steve one of the gun smith's there. I'll have to talk to him about those glocks for sale.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:31   #11
Greg F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
Haha, I play pool and go drinking with Steve one of the gun smith's there. I'll have to talk to him about those glocks for sale.
I'm sure Steve will remember me. Ask him about the time he accidently chopped the barrel down on a 1909 Enfield that was there for cleaning, instead of chopping the Chinese copy that he was supposed to cut. I heard when he realized his mistake he went home and got very drunk.
"Only a coward would want fewer good guys with guns on the streets in today's world. Only a fool would support -much less design- such a policy of helplessness." Ted Nugent- God, Guns, & Rock 'N' Roll
Greg F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 00:21   #12
Inspire
Zero Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg F. View Post
I'm sure Steve will remember me. Ask him about the time he accidently chopped the barrel down on a 1909 Enfield that was there for cleaning, instead of chopping the Chinese copy that he was supposed to cut. I heard when he realized his mistake he went home and got very drunk.
LOL!!!! Yeah that sounds like Steve. That ******* got me trashed the other night )=
Old 05-05-2008, 01:13   #13
oldnoob

Bain & Davis is a nice little shop, too bad i didn't get much service there. i think it has something to do the fact i look young for them. went in twice without much help. i'm kind of used to that though. most gun shop don't like young costumers. well, their lost.

i like to go to oc indoor range. they have a small gun shop in it. they mostly sold glock and xd, few M&P and sig, but they can order all ca legal guns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:07   #14
Grocked

Martin B. Retting's in Culver City.
Grocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 23:05   #15
oldnoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnoob View Post
Bain & Davis is a nice little shop, too bad i didn't get much service there. i think it has something to do the fact i look young for them. went in twice without much help. i'm kind of used to that though. most gun shop don't like young costumers. well, their lost.

i like to go to oc indoor range. they have a small gun shop in it. they mostly sold glock and xd, few M&P and sig, but they can order all ca legal guns.
Ok, I revisit B&D, and have an outstanding service. I actually stand in the store and chat with Don for 2 hours. Very knowledgeable, fun little shop.

My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:21   #16
FLuXmr2spyder
Pinoy Glocker

Send a message via AIM to FLuXmr2spyder

I've had good luck at SharpShooters in Torrance, got my Kimber there

try Ammo Bros in Cerritos
or
Centerpoint in Riverside

and this:
FLuXmr2spyder is offline   Reply With Quote