Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2008, 00:25   #1
rotten_newbie

Visiting Nashville

I'm going to be visiting Nashville. I see that Tenn. honors my state's permit, but that state law allows any business with a sign to outlaw my packing while there.

Does anyone know if the Gaylord Opryland resort bans guns? How about Graceland?

Are there any other popular Nashville tourist sites that have no guns allowed signs?

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
rotten_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38   #2
Akita
gone

The Sommet center (where the Nashville Predators play) does not allow firearms(alcohol sold on premises too). I'm pretty sure most sporting events everywhere are the same.
Dont know about the ones you asked. Remember that you cant carry in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol (yet) and all restaurants are non-smoking statewide. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 19:34   #3
rotten_newbie

How about the airport? Usually I'd find a family restroom and get my gear on, but is the Nashville airport posted?
rotten_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:32   #4
Willard
Who, me?

Just for the record, Graceland is in Memphis, not Nashville. Memphis is about 3 hours west.
Big Dawg #828, Niner #828, SubClub #828, 40 Club #828
Heart of Dixie Glockers 25A

I have opted-out of "Political Correctness".
Willard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23   #5
Akita
gone

Re Airport

Ya know, I dont actually know for sure. I always thought that all airports were no carry zones. Probably best to just slip your holster on in your car until you can get to your hotel room.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22   #6
Fallguy
Citizen

Send a message via Yahoo to Fallguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten_newbie View Post
How about the airport? Usually I'd find a family restroom and get my gear on, but is the Nashville airport posted?
I have not seen it myself, but others have said the Nashville Airport is properly posted.

Posting in …….

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

also check

Fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 00:34   #7
OEF_VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten_newbie View Post
I'm going to be visiting Nashville. I see that Tenn. honors my state's permit, but that state law allows any business with a sign to outlaw my packing while there.

Does anyone know if the Gaylord Opryland resort bans guns? How about Graceland?

Are there any other popular Nashville tourist sites that have no guns allowed signs?

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
FYI, the businesses must use wording substansially similiar to TN Code Annotated, and the signs must be posted conspiciously at each entrance, otherwise, it doesn't count.

By substantially similiar, it better read something along the lines of:

Pursuant to TCA 39-17-13##, it is a misdemeanor offense to carry firearms on these premises, punishable by up to 11 months, 29 days in jail, and a $2,500 fine.

If it isn't worded very closely to that, it doesn't count, and you can carry there.
OEF_VET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 15:41   #8
Fallguy
Citizen

Send a message via Yahoo to Fallguy
Also...just to add. ANY place can ask you to leave for whatever reason. If you don't you are considered trespassing and could be charged with that, posted/not posted armed or not.

Posting in …….

also check

Fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote