SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:18   #1
Chuck66
Traveling Man

On Target indoor range, Asheville

Think I'm going to head over the state line down to Asheville on MLK day to shoot at On Target. I know nothing at all about this range, and was just looking for info about the facility or the people. A search has turned up nothing here or on Google, so was wondering if anyone could share an opinion or any interesting info about the place.

I plan to rent some high-cap plastic pistols to try out, and rifles if they allow rifle shooting also. Feeling a need to expand the family this week. Most exciting

Thanks
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 20:27   #2
Chuck66
Traveling Man

Hmmm, I'll answer, since I seem to be the only person now able to give an opinion, having gone there today.

Don't go out of your way. They have nothing out of the ordinary for sale, no exceptional prices, and the rental selection is nothing to shout about, unless you want to rent any of a number of worn-out Glocks or a couple of revos. The words "diverse selection" aren't likely to collide with sentences describing their rental case.

I didn't look at the actual range, so I can't comment, but the range fees weren't too bad. If looking for a warm place to shoot, the staff was friendly, the place seemed clean, and the rates are acceptable. Just don't expect much from the gun inventory or the rental rack.
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 15:16   #3
Calculated

I'm a member at On Target and it's pretty much as you describe. The staff is FANTASTIC, Jeff and his wife put in a bunch of hours and treat people fairly. You wouldn't think they are very busy there but they get a lot of traffic.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28   #4
xxiv
NRA Member

Send a message via ICQ to xxiv Send a message via AIM to xxiv
Used them as the FFL for both my G19 and BHP. Seemed like a decent enough place, nothing to complain about but nothing to rave over either. I lived in Asheville/Weaverville for about a year and they're pretty much the closest range to me.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, I did get a half lecture about my Glock never being able to touch my Browning etc from one of the older rougher looking dudes behind the counter, which was kind of a "uh huh, alright" moment, but I don't go to the range to chat so no sweat off my back.
Old 01-31-2008, 18:19   #5
waterdude

The folks at On Target are the only reason to go there. I took my concealed carry class there, and they were pretty cool. For a nicer place, try Rex's in Hendersonville. Better facilities, better rentals, and a good sized gun shop on the other end. Don't expect a bunch of graduates from Dale Carnegie's class on how to win friends and influence people because they aren't particularly friendly.
waterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 13:44   #6
OmniscientX

Thread resurrection! I love On Target. The rates are fare, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Their selection isn't that large, but with the room they have it stays stuffed as could be, and they will order just about anything if they don't have it. I haven't shot at Rex's in Hendersonville but the staff are disinterested in selling anything to the point where its almost rude. I wouldn't buy from them. The one time I did try to go shoot on our way to the door they came out and said the power went out and they had to go home an hour early. I guess it was one of those really convenient power outages. Also in Yancey county there is Prices Creek General Store. They don't have a range but they have lots and lots of firearms. They usually have some more unique things most shops don't stock, and the prices are amazing. I guess since guns is only part of the business they can sell them so cheap.

Last edited by OmniscientX; 10-26-2010 at 13:46..
OmniscientX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 20:26   #7
Grayson

Big +1 to Prices Creek! Now if only Max would look into building a range...500-yard rifle would be nice...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800

Last edited by Grayson; 11-06-2010 at 20:29..
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote