Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2008, 15:39   #1
ciwsguy

Any of you guys have a preference Autoloader vs Revolver?

Over the last couple of years I went on a handgun shopping spree. Procured a G17, about 6 months later a G19, Then a Walther P22, then a P99AS. Then got on a Revolver kick and decided to attempt to upgrade my 30 yr old Dan Wesson 15-2 from a 4" to a 6" barrel. Got that a couple of months back (used but in VGC), installed it and then got on a S&W Model 19 6" kick. Found an EC used one and bought it. Went to the range today and had a ball.

Well, to make a long story short, aside from my gun-nut buying spree, I have a real 'feel good' about my revolvers and have grown to have a better respect for the revolvers than the autoloaders.

Does anybody else have this Gotta have it gun problem? i.e., get one gun, like it, then gotta have another, then another, then another? The money isn't the problem as the bills always come first, but this has gotten out of hand. Maybe the gun kick is as bad as being a gambling addict, or smoking addict, or alcohol addict, or a work-aholic (Nahhhh - did I really just type that, did I?) Help, me anybody.........

BTW, my DW 6" has VERY GOOD accuracy. The spread of the DW was half that of the similar S&W 19. S&W has a better trigger, but I was surprised of the tight groups with the DW.
ciwsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 23:00   #2
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

There's no cure for your sickness I'm afraid. I really have to watch it as I'm likely to just up and go buy a gun sometimes just, well, just because. I think I'm making progress, but then again, why did I just buy a S&W 642? Oh well...

There's just something about revolvers. I like autoloaders and think they're more practical, but much like a fine 1911, a good revo is a piece of art.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:05   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

I usually carry autos, but I don't have a huge preference. For carry or competition, I sometimes switch to a revolver.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29   #4
lordjim_2001

Send a message via Yahoo to lordjim_2001
Like my father I can shoot a revolver DA better than an autoloader. Centerfire models of course. Give me a good 4" revolver I can hit 3" plates at 30 yards all day long. Give me an autoloader I'll be lucky to hit it one shot in eight.
Wheelhouse #1868
Milsurp #1868
Rimfire Club #1868
lordjim_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:55   #5
ky_glock26
Alex Goodman

OP: I have the same problem. Never liked revolvers at all, until recently. First started with Glock kick, then XD kick, then 1911 kick, then rifle kick, then shotgun kick and now suddenly and unexpectedly a revolver kick. I recently got a nice reloading setup and was tired of chasing around brass from my autos, thought about revolver for easy brass retention. Well of course that thought turned into a complete revolver obsession. Started with a Taurus 454 5". Now can't stop thinking about a .357 mag snubby....

Last edited by ky_glock26; 01-22-2008 at 10:56.. Reason: spelling
ky_glock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26   #6
who_dat
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciwsguy View Post
Over the last couple of years I went on a handgun shopping spree. Procured a G17, about 6 months later a G19, Then a Walther P22, then a P99AS. Then got on a Revolver kick and decided to attempt to upgrade my 30 yr old Dan Wesson 15-2 from a 4" to a 6" barrel. Got that a couple of months back (used but in VGC), installed it and then got on a S&W Model 19 6" kick. Found an EC used one and bought it. Went to the range today and had a ball.

Well, to make a long story short, aside from my gun-nut buying spree, I have a real 'feel good' about my revolvers and have grown to have a better respect for the revolvers than the autoloaders.

Does anybody else have this Gotta have it gun problem? i.e., get one gun, like it, then gotta have another, then another, then another? The money isn't the problem as the bills always come first, but this has gotten out of hand. Maybe the gun kick is as bad as being a gambling addict, or smoking addict, or alcohol addict, or a work-aholic (Nahhhh - did I really just type that, did I?) Help, me anybody.........

BTW, my DW 6" has VERY GOOD accuracy. The spread of the DW was half that of the similar S&W 19. S&W has a better trigger, but I was surprised of the tight groups with the DW.
It's called an addiction...and I have it, too. I started out last April and got my CCW, had to have a gun, so I bought a Charles Daly 9MM Semi-auto. Then I needed a plinker, so I bought a semi-auto Ruger .22LR, then it was summer so I had to have a small carry gun, a .22LR semi-auto Beretta. Then came the Walther PPK/S, the Kahr CW9, the Mossberg 500 SD 12 ga., the Mossberg 500 28" 12 ga, the Ruger 10-22, the NAA Mini .22LR, and the Hi_Point 995 9MM carbine. Then came the 5,000 rounds of ammo, the cleaning kit, the box of holsters, the fanny packs, the range bag, the safe, the carry cases for the long guns, yada,yada,yada.

Now I'm looking at several "gotta have" revolvers. I need help.
SKS Club #94 Kahr Club #94, Kalishnikov Club #94
who_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 16:57   #7
ciwsguy

who_dat,
Geez. Thanks. I don't feel so bad now. I think your addiction is much worse than mine.
ciwsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 19:19   #8
Clyde
Lost in KY

Send a message via Yahoo to Clyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciwsguy View Post
Does anybody else have this Gotta have it gun problem?
And How

Gotta love a nice Revolver and another and another... etc....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote