Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:21   #1
pat701

Moving to Nixa, Mo. need some local advise

In the end of Oct. i will be moving 8 miles outside of Nixa, in the very small town of Highlandville. Being very close to both Nixa, and Ozark i would like to find a good BBQ place. I like the sauce sweet and spicy hot, any recommendations? Also i would like to find a range (outdoor preferred) that has at least a 100yard range, 300 yards would be better. Also who/where is the cheapest place to buy ammo in the area? I buy ammo on-line, but you never know what the panic God's have in-store for us in the future. Can anyone help me out please?
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 20:11   #2
baogongmeo

I live about 21/2 hours drive from Ozark and if I was wanting to eat there it would be at Lambert's...the closest BBQ place that I've eaten at is Buckinghams,across Campbell from Bass Pro,it was OK I guess.
There's a pay by the hour range along Highway 65(I've heard that movie stars shoot there from time to time).
Lots of decent places to eat in Springfield but can't help you for ammo other than you might try the gun shows at the fair grounds.
baogongmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 15:54   #3
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Welcome to the Ozarks...we say God's country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
In the end of Oct. i will be moving 8 miles outside of Nixa, in the very small town of Highlandville. Being very close to both Nixa, and Ozark i would like to find a good BBQ place. I like the sauce sweet and spicy hot, any recommendations?
There is a couple of BBQ places by Bass Pro; Buckinghams (one in Nixa too), Rib Crib and another one in the shopping center on the East side of Campbell street, across from BPS. There are a few more in town and in Ozark.

Quote:
Also i would like to find a range (outdoor preferred) that has at least a 100yard range, 300 yards would be better.
Bass Pro has a pistol/rifle range, up to 100 yards, in the store. Also, just south of Highlandville is Busick State Park...it has a unmanned range (up to 100 yrds) and many hiking trails. You sort of have to watch the range....people sometimes don't think about safety and will walk down range, with no notification, expect to get muzzle swept numerous times. North of Springfield, close to Ash Grove, there is Andy Dalton range. It goes out to 100 yrd and is manned; very safety conscience! Look both up on the web.

Quote:
Also who/where is the cheapest place to buy ammo in the area? I buy ammo on-line, but you never know what the panic God's have in-store for us in the future. Can anyone help me out please?
If you are buying bulk online, then you are probably buying it the cheapest. Loftus Gun and Pawn has some good buys occasionally; they are right there by BPS. Walmart has the plunking stuff pretty reasonable. I buy almost all of my ammo, except 9mm, online. Occasionally someone will buy 357sig and want to get rid of it, so they will mark it down to a good price.

Enjoy and feel free to PM with any other questions!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote