Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2011, 15:47   #181
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA9mm View Post
Cool, I picked up my Marlin 795 at Cabelas yesterday, so I've got some sighting in to do also. My AR probably could use some sight adjustment too.

Sounds like some fun
Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37   #182
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
The wifey and I are heading out to the Jay Henges range off highway 44 today around 1pm. Anybody else going out shooting today?
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29   #183
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
The wifey and I are heading out to the Jay Henges range off highway 44 today around 1pm. Anybody else going out shooting today?

Dang wish I hadn't worked or I would have came up with the wife.......Let me know when you guys go again
Old 03-07-2011, 13:22   #184
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huber View Post
Dang wish I hadn't worked or I would have came up with the wife.......Let me know when you guys go again
Will do. It was a pretty successful trip. I got my new Marlin .22lr sighted in. I learned that the red dot on my AR is pretty much worthless in sunlight, so I need to get a new scope for it. I shot my LCP for the first time. Dang that trigger pull is long. I had a tendency to shoot low with it, I was probably jerking towards the end b/c it's such a long trigger. Definitely need more practice with it. Shot my 1911 a little too which just reaffirmed my love for that gun.

No failures of any kind on any gun. It was quite crowded tho and the fellas a booth over were shooting a Mosin Nagant, which was a little unsettling for the wife. But it was still fun times.
Old 03-07-2011, 14:18   #185
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Will do. It was a pretty successful trip. I got my new Marlin .22lr sighted in. I learned that the red dot on my AR is pretty much worthless in sunlight, so I need to get a new scope for it. I shot my LCP for the first time. Dang that trigger pull is long. I had a tendency to shoot low with it, I was probably jerking towards the end b/c it's such a long trigger. Definitely need more practice with it. Shot my 1911 a little too which just reaffirmed my love for that gun.

No failures of any kind on any gun. It was quite crowded tho and the fellas a booth over were shooting a Mosin Nagant, which was a little unsettling for the wife. But it was still fun times.

Sounds like a good trip!!!

I love the looks of the 1911's....

What red dot are you running on it? I am looking at getting one for my hi point carbine but don't wanna get one if it's pointless
Old 03-07-2011, 15:40   #186
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Sounds like a good trip!!!

I love the looks of the 1911's....

What red dot are you running on it? I am looking at getting one for my hi point carbine but don't wanna get one if it's pointless

It's a cheapy Leapers red/green dot that I got for 30 bucks off some airsoft website a few years back. It's nice indoors and in low light, so I've got it sighted for close range, but outside it was worthless unless pointed at something dark.

I've never had experience with a good quality red dot, but I would assume they don't wash out as bad as this one. I think I will probably try to pick up a decent 3x-9x 40mm scope in the next couple of months.
Old 03-08-2011, 17:57   #187
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
It's a cheapy Leapers red/green dot that I got for 30 bucks off some airsoft website a few years back. It's nice indoors and in low light, so I've got it sighted for close range, but outside it was worthless unless pointed at something dark.

I've never had experience with a good quality red dot, but I would assume they don't wash out as bad as this one. I think I will probably try to pick up a decent 3x-9x 40mm scope in the next couple of months.
Oh ok....Ya I have done a lot of reading and watching reviews on youtube. Going to go with a Ncstar for my 995ts carbine
Old 03-09-2011, 17:32   #188
pnutcar
MIZZOU TIGERS!

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone else from St. Louis.
pnutcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:22   #189
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutcar View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi to everyone else from St. Louis.

Welcome

Anyone plan on doing some outside shooting with the weather we are suppose to be getting next week?
Old 03-15-2011, 13:10   #190
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Welcome

Anyone plan on doing some outside shooting with the weather we are suppose to be getting next week?
I have been thinking about taking Thursday morning off of work and going over to Jay Henges while it won't be crowded (hopefully). I got a new scope for my AR, so I need to sight it in.
Old 03-15-2011, 13:17   #191
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
I have been thinking about taking Thursday morning off of work and going over to Jay Henges while it won't be crowded (hopefully). I got a new scope for my AR, so I need to sight it in.

Lucky! It's a 45-55min haul for me
Old 03-17-2011, 15:10   #192
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Planning on hitting Jay's Sunday after church........Anyone down????

I will have my Glock 22 and Hi-Point 995ts carbine with me

Oh and the wife lol

Last edited by Huber; 03-17-2011 at 15:10..
Old 03-19-2011, 11:52   #193
stlgen423

Hey everyone! just found this thread. from the st. louis area here too. i try to shoot just about everywhere. i have a membership at soverign arms in fenton and try to make it out about once a week.
stlgen423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:41   #194
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgen423 View Post
Hey everyone! just found this thread. from the st. louis area here too. i try to shoot just about everywhere. i have a membership at soverign arms in fenton and try to make it out about once a week.
Welcome!!!!

I think I may have seen you at Sovreign my first time up there......Do you have a holster that comes down to your thigh?

Anyone for Jays tomorrow???? Suppose to clear up and be 70's

Last edited by Huber; 03-19-2011 at 12:41..
Old 03-19-2011, 19:42   #195
stlgen423

i think that may be the owner that you describe... i wish i was fortunate enough to have one of those rigs... i am up there quite often though, so we may have seen each other some time.
stlgen423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 20:43   #196
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgen423 View Post
i think that may be the owner that you describe... i wish i was fortunate enough to have one of those rigs... i am up there quite often though, so we may have seen each other some time.
na not talking about Matt there is another normal guy who shoots Glocks is all decked out with glock apparel and all.

I would go there tomorrow but can't shoot my hi point carbine there even though it shoots 9mm
Old 03-20-2011, 03:12   #197
pnutcar
MIZZOU TIGERS!

I was out at Jay today with my brother... put a few through the g2-17 and my bro's g4-17. That thing shoots SWEEEEET! He might be out there tomorrow but I doubt I will be again... never know though!
pnutcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:42   #198
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutcar View Post
I was out at Jay today with my brother... put a few through the g2-17 and my bro's g4-17. That thing shoots SWEEEEET! He might be out there tomorrow but I doubt I will be again... never know though!
sweet i haven't been out there yet so i am excited to see it. Sounds great!

I did notice on there site they are closing again for updates
Old 03-21-2011, 14:45   #199
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

So my thoughts of jays:

1. It is very annoying that you can only have one target on top or bottom even when having multiple guns.
2. 15 mins before being able to change targets is a lot when having more then one person shoot.
3. Facility is nice and cheap

Can't say I will shoot there a lot as it is a 45 min drive or so but days I am off and nice out I may go up there
Old 03-21-2011, 15:32   #200
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
So my thoughts of jays:

1. It is very annoying that you can only have one target on top or bottom even when having multiple guns.
2. 15 mins before being able to change targets is a lot when having more then one person shoot.
3. Facility is nice and cheap

Can't say I will shoot there a lot as it is a 45 min drive or so but days I am off and nice out I may go up there
1. Agreed. That one never made sense to me.
2. Agreed. It's a bit too long, but the 3 second btwn shots (which I don't like) make it reasonable I guess.
3. Agreed.

My only gripe is the crowds on the weekends. Let me know when you plan to do a mid-week shoot and I can usually get a morning off. Should be much less crowded then.

How'd the shooting go? Any failures? Did you get your carbine sighted in?