SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:27   #81
Reb 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm1703 View Post
Hi, Bought my first Glock yesterday (21SF - 45 acp). Anxious to get out and try it. I've had a 1911 for years, but thought I'd get a high-capacity before the new administration eliminates that opportunity. I live in Sunset Hills, so I'll be looking for a place to try her out.

Ed
I shoot at Top Gun indoor Range in Imperial nice place. Phone # 636-464-4867. They also sell and rent good variety of Guns. Nice people there.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41   #82
HK-N-THE-HOUSE
Silver Membership

John from south St. Louis county here.

Last edited by HK-N-THE-HOUSE; 09-25-2010 at 16:25..
HK-N-THE-HOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00   #83
MidWestShooter

New Guy here

I guess this is where I should say hello. I live in St. Charles County and plan on purchasing a Glock VERY soon. I have been lurking on the site for at least a month, and plan on being here for a while. Anyways.... just saying Hello.
MidWestShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:50   #84
ipfreely123
CLM Number 240
something witty

Send a message via Yahoo to ipfreely123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestShooter View Post
New Guy here

I guess this is where I should say hello. I live in St. Charles County and plan on purchasing a Glock VERY soon. I have been lurking on the site for at least a month, and plan on being here for a while. Anyways.... just saying Hello.
Welcome. This is great site. Have fun. It is good to see more STL people on here. I am down in jeff co.

We buy things we don't need
With money we don't have
To impress people we don't like.
ipfreely123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:52   #85
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Welcome John-Everett and Mid WestShooter
Old 03-04-2009, 13:38   #86
Nidob

<---New to the forums, and not yet an owner however I am hopefull to be soon.

Seems there is a slight shortage in STL for a G17 or G19. I am going to have to ask my Officer friends if they can put their feelers out for one.

I checked in with a couple places today, no luck.

Hope you all are having a good Wed,
Nidob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 16:55   #87
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Nidob check with On-target in valley park as well as Topgun in imperial and DennyDennis in Fenton? That would be my stops in that order.

Good luck and welcome to Glocktalk
Old 03-04-2009, 17:16   #88
Nidob

Thanks for the welcome JJ,

I spoke to someone at Topgun this morning. (backordered) I will try the other two you recomended when I get back into the office tomorrow. Thanks for the information!

The friend that is going to be getting me started has a range he goes to as well...not sure what one it is though. (I'll find out for sure)

Last edited by Nidob; 03-04-2009 at 19:51..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:32   #89
Nidob

Thanks again JJtroutbum for the advice.

Denny Dennis had a G19 with adjustable sights in stock. (called about 10:15am after speaking to On-Target and TopGun the other morning.)

I am now the owner of a new G19 as of 11:00am.
Old 03-06-2009, 14:13   #90
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Glad I could help. Now for the hard part. Trying to find a affordable and available source for 9mm ball for practice. It's been getting a little easier lately in our region, but still is like an Easter egg hunt without the fake grass in your basket. Ya gotta look everywhere.
Old 03-06-2009, 15:15   #91
Nidob

Good to know. I did not even ask what they had in stock/if they had any 9mm. I was on an early lunch break and had to drive down there from up north and get back for some conf calls.

Been tossing around the idea of looking for the 22 calibre conversion kit JIC since this will be (for now at least) my only firearm. I don't wish to mess with that untill I have a full understanding of the firearm though.

Side note: they had another G19 with fixed sights for $550 in stock. (3/6/09)
Old 03-07-2009, 00:21   #92
Reb 56

Just bought a G19 from Top Gun ordered one had to wait a week till they got one in.
Mine was 509.00 with stock sights.
Right now I'm looking for .380 acp fmj for my LCP everyone is sold out looked in Gun Shops and online all back ordered.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:35   #93
Nidob

The one I picked up with adj sights was $550 so eh, fair deal.

WM in chesterfield commons just got in a shipment of 9mm Winchester this morning if you need some.

Got myself 300 rnds.

Send a PM in if you need some and can't get out to Chesterfield. I a have to go back out anyhow to make a return in the Commons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"
Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04   #94
MidWestShooter

Hi guys. Anyone going to the gun show in St. Charles on the 28th? It will be my first gun show and I was wondering if any of you had any advice for a first timer. Things to look out for, avoid, good deals?

-Thanks
MidWestShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23   #95
Ashton

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanteman View Post
I live in the STL area and shoot at the Henges Range at I44 & Antire Road. I'm into C&R stuff and other military rifles, but for anything new, I go to Mike's Guns in St. Charles, Top Guns in Imperial, or MidAmerica Arms in Affton.

The Missouri board on AR15 .com is a pretty active. Check it out sometime.
Henges rocks and is not far from where I work - great, inexpensive outdoor facility - 50 cal is prohibited - it sets off the trap/skeet electronics. http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/henges/ - another Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) range is not much farther down the road http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/busch/ similar setup - good, cheap, well-run fun!. Top Gun in Imperial (short trip down 55) is clean and well run. Bull's Eye in the city is, erm in the city, but staffed well - I live in the city so it's very convenient. The Bellville (IL) Gun Club is OK - strike one - it's in IL. But they shoot IDPA style matches "Fight Night" weeekly IIRC. Benchrest Gun Club is a bit of a haul out 70 past Wentzville but take a look at their impressive schedule of events! http://www.shootingstl.com/schedule.htm

Wally Worlds are plentiful and ball supply has been OK (not as bad as some areas). There's a Cabela's near St. Charles if you like the big box thing and a Bass Pro a bit farther out.

FYI - Mid America (OK stock and prices BUT good staff) just moved to a bigger shop at Gravois and Heege - a little closer to town.

Welcome to the 'Lou - beware the provel pizza - UGH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 19:57   #96
Reb 56

Quote:
Hi guys. Anyone going to the gun show in St. Charles on the 28th? It will be my first gun show and I was wondering if any of you had any advice for a first timer. Things to look out for, avoid, good deals?

-Thanks
Usually Gun shows these days have a lot of overpriced Guns And Ammo stay away from the no name reloads in plastic bags. Once in a while you may run into a good deal.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09   #97
MoCop

Quote:

-Thanks
Well, for me gun shows are great places to find out what fits me and what doesn't. I personally wouldn't buy from a gunshow, its usually more expensive. Don't buy any ammo there. Could be some bad reloads. That's pretty much it. Have fun at the show.
Old 03-20-2009, 23:15   #98
Wright County Boy

I'm in Elk River
Wright County Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 19:51   #99
Mattog22

+1 on the gun shows, I will go but usually there aren't any real good deals. There is a guy who sells powder that is a good deal. CMMG will probably be there and you can pick up a decent AR-15 for about as cheap as you will see them. I have one and my father has one and both have been flawless. Other than that you usually don't see any great deals but you do get to check some things out that you may buy somewhere else. I remember when the gunshows were the place to get good deals like picking up Chinese SKS's for $65 a piece. Don't see that anymore.
Mattog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 23:20   #100
mister happy
Lefty

I'll be there with cash on Sunday - to see what the vendors don't want to take back home. Like a lefty fobus paddle holster for my G19.

Last edited by mister happy; 03-27-2009 at 23:28..
mister happy is offline   Reply With Quote