SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2011, 16:51   #161
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Happy I finally found a STL thread

Live in Crystal City about 20 mins south of STL down 55. Shoot at either Top Gun or Soverign Arms in Fenton.

Looking at getting a membership to Arnold Gun Club. Anyone else a member of there or been there to coment on it?
Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 20:53   #162
STLGLK

Fortunately TopGuns' range is open again....pretty busy unless you go early on weekday! Also, Pawn King in Arnold will order weapons at $50 over cost.
Old 02-27-2011, 00:02   #163
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Hitting Top Gun Wednesday morning if anyone is interested
Old 02-27-2011, 00:28   #164
stlguntrader

st.louis born

st.louis here, love Mike's guns, hate nassuck, owner and operator of stlguntrader.net join if your not already a member!
Old 02-27-2011, 14:39   #165
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huber View Post
Hitting Top Gun Wednesday morning if anyone is interested
I would like to go, but I don't know if I can get out of work. Are you a member at the range?
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 14:42   #166
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA9mm View Post
I would like to go, but I don't know if I can get out of work. Are you a member at the range?

No I have a free hour from when I bought my Glock from there........
Old 02-27-2011, 21:34   #167
REA9mm
get ready

I would like to go, but missing work + $17/hr range fee is a little too much for my cheap ass. I am hoping to get to the Jay Henges Range ($3/hr) next weekend to shoot my new Marlin .22lr and LCP. I will probably shoot the G19 a little too, but I don't have much 9mm.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:57   #168
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
I would like to go, but missing work + $17/hr range fee is a little too much for my cheap ass. I am hoping to get to the Jay Henges Range ($3/hr) next weekend to shoot my new Marlin .22lr and LCP. I will probably shoot the G19 a little too, but I don't have much 9mm.
Ya if I didn't have the pass I would go to Sovereign Arms instead its $15 a day but its also a cheaper range. If someone rapid fires it gets really dusty from the bank stopping the bullets.

I have never been to Jays how is it?
Old 02-28-2011, 13:13   #169
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Ya if I didn't have the pass I would go to Sovereign Arms instead its $15 a day but its also a cheaper range. If someone rapid fires it gets really dusty from the bank stopping the bullets.

I have never been to Jays how is it?
It's really nice, they just complete redid the pistol/rifle range and it's now 100 yards baffled. You can set a target stand at 7, 15, 25, 50, 75, 100 yds. And they provide the targets. The stalls are really wide too. They give you a bench and a bench rest to shoot from and a place for spectators to sit. They call a ceasefire every 5-10 minutes to replace targets. There are 2-3 range officers and an overwatch, so it never feels unsafe. It's a great place to shoot for real cheap.

I haven't been over to their shotgun patterning or trap section yet, but I got a new 12 gauge that I need to shoot, so I probably will this weekend if the weather is nice.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/j...shooting-range

Last edited by REA9mm; 02-28-2011 at 13:22..
Old 02-28-2011, 13:17   #170
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
It's really nice, they just complete redid the pistol/rifle range and it's now 100 yards baffled. You can set a target stand at 7, 25, 50, 100 yds. And they provide the targets. The stalls are really wide too. They give you a bench and a bench rest to shoot from and a place for spectators to sit. They call a ceasefire every 5-10 minutes to replace targets. There are 2-3 range officers and an overwatch, so it never feels unsafe. It's a great place to shoot for real cheap.

I haven't been over to their shotgun patterning or skeet section yet, but I got a new 12 gauge that I need to shoot, so I probably will this weekend if the weather is nice.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/j...shooting-range

WOW sounds pretty awesome.....May go there Wednesday if the weather is nice instead
Old 02-28-2011, 13:58   #171
tha bizness

I live in North County. I have shot at Reifschneider park, Bullseye, and Topgun. Topgun is the best IMHO with Reifschneider being the second. Topgun even lets me shoot the AK.

I buy ammo at Cabellas.

I went to that store on Dorset once on a humbug during a lunch break just to see what they had. The guy seemed standoffish to me also and said something to the effect of "If your price shopping the owner would throw u out." Guess where I will NEVER go again...

Tha Biz
tha bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 14:45   #172
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha bizness View Post
I live in North County. I have shot at Reifschneider park, Bullseye, and Topgun. Topgun is the best IMHO with Reifschneider being the second. Topgun even lets me shoot the AK.

I buy ammo at Cabellas.

I went to that store on Dorset once on a humbug during a lunch break just to see what they had. The guy seemed standoffish to me also and said something to the effect of "If your price shopping the owner would throw u out." Guess where I will NEVER go again...

Tha Biz
Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much. I've been to Bullseye, but not shot there. It didn't seem like a very nice shop and it's a pretty old looking facility. Top Gun is brand new and top notch, it's where I've done the majority of my shooting (only been at it about a year). But ever since Jay Henges reopened last September, I can't bring myself to pay their prices. IMO, the only advantage TopGun holds over Jay Henges is that you can rapid fire, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Biz,if you are looking for a nice gun shop, I would recommend MidAmerica Arms on Gravois in South City. I bought my RIA 1911 and my Mossberg 500 there and they usually have pretty good prices on ammo too.

Do you work weekends Huber, is that why you go on Wednesdays? I would go this Wednesday, but I am waiting on Cabelas to call me back about the bg check delay on my Marlin .22lr and I'd have to give my work 24 hour notice, so if they don't call me today, I probably can't go this week.
Old 02-28-2011, 15:08   #173
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much. I've been to Bullseye, but not shot there. It didn't seem like a very nice shop and it's a pretty old looking facility. Top Gun is brand new and top notch, it's where I've done the majority of my shooting (only been at it about a year). But ever since Jay Henges reopened last September, I can't bring myself to pay their prices. IMO, the only advantage TopGun holds over Jay Henges is that you can rapid fire, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Biz,if you are looking for a nice gun shop, I would recommend MidAmerica Arms on Gravois in South City. I bought my RIA 1911 and my Mossberg 500 there and they usually have pretty good prices on ammo too.

Do you work weekends Huber, is that why you go on Wednesdays? I would go this Wednesday, but I am waiting on Cabelas to call me back about the bg check delay on my Marlin .22lr and I'd have to give my work 24 hour notice, so if they don't call me today, I probably can't go this week.

I'm gonna have to check out MidAmerica Arms!

Yes most weekends I work.....Plus Wednesday I turn 25 so I figured I would go release some steam by shooting
Old 02-28-2011, 15:16   #174
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:

I'm gonna have to check out MidAmerica Arms!

Yes most weekends I work.....Plus Wednesday I turn 25 so I figured I would go release some steam by shooting
Old 02-28-2011, 15:56   #175
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Anyone know of a good gunsmith in Jefferson County?

Dad wants his trigger pull changed on his Smith and Wesson .40cal
Old 02-28-2011, 22:11   #176
tha bizness

Quote:
Never heard of Reifshneider Park, and a search didnt turn up much.
Its a state park in Warrenton, MO. Its unsupervised and in the middle of a conservation area. Kinda a hidden secret as you have to drive thru the park (and thru a little stream) to get there. Good time tho.

I would not recommend going in the winter or times after heavy rain (it is outdoors and can get muddy.) Here are the directions there (from OnTargets website)

Directions To Warrenton Range: Reifschneider Conservation Area Highway 70 West from St. Louis to Wright City Exit # 199, go left over highway then right on outer road. Go left on Highway H, right on Highway M, left on Schuetzenground Road 3 miles to conservation area. Follow road through conservation area, firing range is 1st left after the lake. The conservation website is showing a phone # of 636/441-4554 for info but I have never called it.
tha bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33   #177
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha bizness View Post
Its a state park in Warrenton, MO. Its unsupervised and in the middle of a conservation area. Kinda a hidden secret as you have to drive thru the park (and thru a little stream) to get there. Good time tho.

I would not recommend going in the winter or times after heavy rain (it is outdoors and can get muddy.) Here are the directions there (from OnTargets website)

Directions To Warrenton Range: Reifschneider Conservation Area Highway 70 West from St. Louis to Wright City Exit # 199, go left over highway then right on outer road. Go left on Highway H, right on Highway M, left on Schuetzenground Road 3 miles to conservation area. Follow road through conservation area, firing range is 1st left after the lake. The conservation website is showing a phone # of 636/441-4554 for info but I have never called it.

Sounds like a good place if you don't wanna mess with a bunch of people
Old 03-02-2011, 11:14   #178
REA9mm
get ready

Happy birthday Huber!

Have a nice range session. Hopefully we can meet up at the Jay Henges range sometime when it warms up a little more. I've got a 33rd mag you can try out with your new LoneWolf barrel.
Old 03-03-2011, 13:44   #179
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

Quote:
Happy birthday Huber!

Have a nice range session. Hopefully we can meet up at the Jay Henges range sometime when it warms up a little more. I've got a 33rd mag you can try out with your new LoneWolf barrel.

Thanks man!

Ya I am all for meeting up at Jay Henges I will have a new hi point carbine 9mm on friday so I would love to do some sighting in and shooting out there
Old 03-03-2011, 15:34   #180
REA9mm
get ready

Quote:
Thanks man!

Ya I am all for meeting up at Jay Henges I will have a new hi point carbine 9mm on friday so I would love to do some sighting in and shooting out there
Cool, I picked up my Marlin 795 at Cabelas yesterday, so I've got some sighting in to do also. My AR probably could use some sight adjustment too.