Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2008, 16:47   #1
mliebs8

I need a Ginney Pig

I just started making holsters and have made several for my Kimbers and STI's but I'd like to get someone elses opinion on what they think of them. I'm going to make one this weekend for a G26 and it will be IWB, unfinished (but will have an exterior sealant) and will have a belt loop for a 1.5" belt. It's going to be similar to the Summer Special but it will have a body shield and will be smooth side out. I'm looking for someone that carrys religously, has been on this site for over 2 years, and can give me honest feedback on what they thought of the holster. Please don't reply if you don't carry daily.
mliebs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 16:58   #2
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mliebs8 View Post
I just started making holsters and have made several for my Kimbers and STI's but I'd like to get someone elses opinion on what they think of them. I'm going to make one this weekend for a G26 and it will be IWB, unfinished (but will have an exterior sealant) and will have a belt loop for a 1.5" belt. It's going to be similar to the Summer Special but it will have a body shield and will be smooth side out. I'm looking for someone that carrys religously, has been on this site for over 2 years, and can give me honest feedback on what they thought of the holster. Please don't reply if you don't carry daily.
I joined in September 06, but I carry a 27 or 33 everyday off duty. If you loosen the 2 year requirement, let me know.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 01-25-2008 at 16:58.. Reason: brainfart
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 17:06   #3
tjbert47
CLM Number 207
Always Armed

I would be happy to try one out for you. But I'm a lefty. I do however carry a G27 24/7 .

Tom in TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My opinion is worth just what you paid for it.

P10-45
G27
tjbert47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 17:36   #4
cmontrose1
GuN-a-HoLiC

Send a message via AIM to cmontrose1 Send a message via Yahoo to cmontrose1
Lefty, sorry. however carry 27 every day....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cmontrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 17:43   #5
k594

i carry daily right hand w a g23 let me know if u have a g23 model u want carried
k594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 17:46   #6
RussP

Quote:
Are you looking to sell some?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 17:59   #7
GLOCK_27
NRA Member

Send a message via ICQ to GLOCK_27 Send a message via AIM to GLOCK_27 Send a message via MSN to GLOCK_27 Send a message via Yahoo to GLOCK_27 Send a message via Skype™ to GLOCK_27
any pics?
Sub Club #724
GLOCK_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 18:03   #8
mliebs8

I'm not actually looking to sell any holsters I'll be giving this away for free (and I'll pay the shipping). I plan on doing some other Glock models so I'll be looking for someone else to help me out at a later date. Thanks for the replys but since I'm right handed I'm going to stick with that for now. I'll check the site out tomorrow and let everyone know who it's going to be sent to. I should have it finished by Monday or Tuesday at the latest so the lucky winner will have it by next weekend.
Old 01-25-2008, 18:09   #9
jbailey8

Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey8
Quote:
I'm not actually looking to sell any holsters I'll be giving this away for free (and I'll pay the shipping). I plan on doing some other Glock models so I'll be looking for someone else to help me out at a later date. Thanks for the replys but since I'm right handed I'm going to stick with that for now. I'll check the site out tomorrow and let everyone know who it's going to be sent to. I should have it finished by Monday or Tuesday at the latest so the lucky winner will have it by next weekend.
for some reason PASSIVE comes to mind, maybe he will post a reply.....i'm sure if you send it to him he'll even make a you tube video of himself wearing it!!
jbailey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 18:12   #10
specialkwpb
Am I Printing?

I've been here almost a year, but I carry a G26 IWB on the right, extremely religiously (sometimes to sleep). I'll be the guinea pig.
Florida Glockers #59
Glock 26, Kel Tec P3AT, AK47(SAR-1), Rem. 870 Express
specialkwpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 18:16   #11
Bunny_FuFu_4u
Bunny Hunter

If you ever make one for a G17, I'll try it out.

I also instantly thought of PASSIVE but I got the feeling that he's not going to give up smartcarry anytime soon.
Bunny_FuFu_4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 18:21   #12
jbailey8

Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny_FuFu_4u View Post
If you ever make one for a G17, I'll try it out.

I also instantly thought of PASSIVE but I got the feeling that he's not going to give up smartcarry anytime soon.
true, but i think he would be an un-biased tester(for lack of a better word), but he is content with his smartcarry who know's....maybe!
jbailey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 18:35   #13
keeper85

I joined GT in 2004 and carry a 27 daily, except while at work, however I have to be honest I have an IWB holster I love and would be make a commitment to give it up for an extended period.

November 2, 2010-Take out the Trash.
keeper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 19:27   #14
tjbert47
CLM Number 207
Always Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey8 View Post
for some reason PASSIVE comes to mind, maybe he will post a reply.....i'm sure if you send it to him he'll even make a you tube video of himself wearing it!!

Now thats a plan. I like it.

Tom in TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My opinion is worth just what you paid for it.

P10-45
G27
tjbert47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 19:32   #15
Usingmyrights
Jr Member

Send a message via AIM to Usingmyrights

Been here for 3+ years. Have a 26. Carry just about everyday. Have a MiltSparks SS to have something to compare it too.
Usingmyrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 20:14   #16
mliebs8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usingmyrights View Post
Been here for 3+ years. Have a 26. Carry just about everyday. Have a MiltSparks SS to have something to compare it too.
As much as I hate the thought of going up against MiltSparks (I could only hope to be half as good someday) I'm going to send the holster to you. Keeper85 if everything works out I'll send you one at a later date. All I ask is to give me your honest opinion and some suggestions on where you think I could improve on my craftsmanship and or design. If you could email your information to me I should have the holster out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I can also send some pics of where it's at if you want.

Thanks for the replys

liebel0557@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-25-2008, 20:19   #17
Usingmyrights
Jr Member

Send a message via AIM to Usingmyrights

Quote:
As much as I hate the thought of going up against MiltSparks (I could only hope to be half as good someday) I'm going to send the holster to you. Keeper85 if everything works out I'll send you one at a later date. All I ask is to give me your honest opinion and some suggestions on where you think I could improve on my craftsmanship and or design. If you could email your information to me I should have the holster out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I can also send some pics of where it's at if you want.

Thanks for the replys

liebel0557@sbcglobal.net

Obviously you can't expect someone just starting out to be as good as one of the better companies on the market for serveral years. I was simply saying that I would be comparing similiar style holsters., so it wouldn't be apples and oranges. I sent you an email, and will let you know what I think. I'll see about getting some pics up as well.

Last edited by Usingmyrights; 01-25-2008 at 20:25..
Usingmyrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 20:25   #18
Glockanatorrrrr

How about spell check too? Sorry had to. Why all the restrictions? I'd say send them to the Mods and see what they say. Pick a few people and let them post what they think. Just a thought. Did I mention....PM me for my address?
Old 01-25-2008, 20:44   #19
Kirkcdl

If you're still looking,I carry a G27 every day in a Versa Max 2,and I joined mid 2005...
Kirkcdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 21:26   #20
mliebs8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockanatorrrrr View Post
How about spell check too? Sorry had to. Why all the restrictions? I'd say send them to the Mods and see what they say. Pick a few people and let them post what they think. Just a thought. Did I mention....PM me for my address?
Everybody loves a smarta** , actually no offense taken. I'll be more than happy to send a few holsters out to the members of Glocktalk once I get the patterns tweaked a little bit. Personally I only have 1911 frames (and a few HK's) but most of my friends are into Glocks and XD's so I have the molds for most their lines. Anyway I'm curious to see how it goes.