Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2010, 17:38   #1
Odessa Straight

MK9 Failures To Eject

Well, for my first post here I thought I'd try and get some new ideas about the only kind of malfunctions I've had with my MK9. It's always the same malfunction, a stopage due to a fired case still being held by the extractor, overiding the top round in the mag and jamming against the back of the barrel hood. I get this malfunction mostly when shooting self defence loads like Gold Dots or Buffalo Bore +Ps. I, however, still do rarely get this malfunction with cheap ol' Winchester White Box FMJs or Rem UMC FMJs.

I've searched and think I've read related posts here.

I take special care not to "limp-wrist". I've closely inspected the extractor and ejector (still assembled in the pistol) under strong light and a magnifying glass and don't see anything looking wrong (chips, looseness).

The pistol should be well broken in with probably 300+ rounds through it.

I shot this in an IPSC match (I know it's not the ideal IPSC gun) and ran about 120 rounds through it (Rem UMC FMJs) with no malfunctions and then have had at least one with that same ammo since then. I usually have this kind of stopage at least once in every couple of mags with the SD ammo so I just carry the MK9 loaded with the Rem UMC FMJs. I'm going back to carrying my old Colt Detective Special unless you guys can give me any new leads to check out, fix it, and carry proper +P SD loads with reliability.

That "Failure To Eject" malfunction is the only type of failure I've ever had with the MK9.

Thanks
Odessa Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 18:37   #2
Hammerdamage

Sounds like you should sell it to me. Glad to buy or trade for it
Hammerdamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 21:03   #3
duesenberg1

It sounds like an ejector issue, but I would start by trying a different mag and see if it happens.
duesenberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55   #4
mitch1

Wishing you better luck with your MK9 than I had. I couldnt solve the FTE problem -- the gun went back to Kahr 3x for various issues. So, I finally sold it. Never had one FTE with my PM9, though. I have to agree with the many forum postings on this issue. Seems to be hit or miss with these pistols. If you get a good one, you'll never have the problem. Get a not-so-good one, you'll never correct it.
mitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03   #5
Odessa Straight

Thanks for the replies. I overestimated the round count by at least 100 rounds. It's still breaking in (based on Kahr's 200 round guidance) so it's probably just still a bit too tight. Anyway I don't own it anymore. I'm back to my Detective Special for SD and so wish you all the best of luck with your Kahrs.
Odessa Straight is offline   Reply With Quote