Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2008, 13:53   #1
walker77

Home ffl

Im thining about starting up a home ffl dealer. Maybe do some local transfers and also try to sell on gunbroker sites. Has anyone done this before? Is there any money to be made on selling new guns on gunbroker? Or is there too much compitition? Thanks!
walker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 14:41   #2
geekboy
Glock Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker77 View Post
Im thining about starting up a home ffl dealer. Maybe do some local transfers and also try to sell on gunbroker sites. Has anyone done this before? Is there any money to be made on selling new guns on gunbroker? Or is there too much compitition? Thanks!
I was going to do this and actually ordered the Apps from BATFe. My friend works there, and it's difficult for home-based people to get FFLs (other than Curio/Relic). The BATFe has been cracking down and not issuing these that easily.

First, it has to be a bonafide business. You need to pass zoning in your area. Generally speaking, the area for the gun sales (and safe storage) need be separate from your "home" (prefer a free standing structure). You are opening your doors, during business hours, to the BATFe coming by whenever they want, to look at your books. You won't make lots of money doing transfers anyhow.

But that's just my opinion. I gave up on the idea.

Glock 19
Glock 26
geekboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 20:09   #3
chakup

1 ATF is really cracking down on home FFL'S
2 guns have little money from most FFL'S I've talked to and margins are fierce.
chakup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 23:25   #4
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

If there are no local laws against it and your local Police Chief does not contest it you should be able to do it.

There is no money selling new guns on gunbroker. Most dealers are selling them just above cost. Used guns can make you some money if you buy wisely. Basically I sale just enough guns to keep my FFL.

Transfers at 10.00 or 20.00 a pop will be your bread and butter.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58   #5
BAT GUN
It's Plastic?

There are local laws you have to look into for this. I know, I tried and was denied. The zoning ha to be commercial for starters and unless you're in a small town that doesn't really care, they will not give you a special circumstance to rezone. That opens up a whole can of worms on the Town end.

If I had to rely on gun sales alone, I wouldn't make it.

A local guy that will do transfers cheap for guys who buy over the net would be a great idea. It will give you a little extra spending money.

You have to at least two transfers or sales to keep your FFl, that may have gone up.

First go to the town and then go from there. That is the first thing they check. They are getting more strict on FFL's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

203 907-9571
BAT GUN is offline   Reply With Quote