SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2008, 00:20   #1
crazypilot
ERAU Alumni '05

The reason I carry in my own home

Folks I understand some people don't like to carry their firearms when they are at home but I sincerely hope you reconsider that decision. At the minimum have your firearm close. Las Vegas is not a safe place to live. I never carried a firearm until I moved here because someone tried to break into my house.

Victims Fight Back in Home Invasion
(Source Channel 8 News; Jonathan Humbert)

One robbery suspect is on the loose and another is in the hospital after four victims fought back.

Police say the four victims were barbecuing when two men with guns entered the home. One of the victims said he made a near-fatal mistake by leaving the garage door partially open. The victims, who do not want to be identified for safety reasons, say they ended up fighting for their lives and thought they might die.

"The look in their eyes, especially when they started beating us in the back of the heads with the guns. It was kind of like someone would torture a little animal and then joking about how they were going to love killing us," said one victim.

The men were pinned to the floor with shotguns. "It got ugly when they went back downstairs and decided to tell the women to undress their clothes," the victim added, "The girls were really crying and you could just tell that they were incredibly upset."

The victim told Eyewitness News that one of the suspects who was preparing to sexually assault the women turned his attention away from the guns and let down his guard.

The two male victims saw their opportunity.

"I grabbed him, threw him down on the ground, grabbed a weight from the weight set and smashed him in the head."

The women also joined in the fight, hitting the suspects with a frying pan.

"One of the girls completely nude managed to grab a gun and shoot the guy in the chest area and in the leg."

"She did what she had to do and I have to be thankful that she was able to do what she did and if she didn't I might not be able to give you this story right now."

The suspect who was shot has serious injuries and is in the hospital. The second suspect is on the run and as for the victims, they have minor injuries.

The police are very cautious not to make this seem like a heroic act. They say fighting back can sometimes end with the victims being more seriously hurt.

To email reporter Jonathan Humbert, click here.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7810795
crazypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 00:47   #2
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

After watching that report twice, and the "interview" of one of the victims, there is something they aren't telling us.

My best bet is it was a drug or money shake down and everyone is a crook.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06   #3
Short Bus

I love how the reporter says that "the police do not want for people to fight back." Just lay there like a lamb.

"KISS MY GLOCK"
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:53   #4
crazypilot
ERAU Alumni '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
After watching that report twice, and the "interview" of one of the victims, there is something they aren't telling us.

My best bet is it was a drug or money shake down and everyone is a crook.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Could be but they received a really bad beating, almost raped the female and the kids were around. I would not tolerate that no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
I love how the reporter says that "the police do not want for people to fight back." Just lay there like a lamb.
Where were the police when this happened. That's right, we can't have our own personal policeman in every house. Sorry but I choose to defend myself. I can't believe people still say that.

Anyway, you guys stay safe.
crazypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 17:28   #5
heidit

Send a message via AIM to heidit
Oh I don't know that Las Vegas is any more dangerous than anywhere else. I've been here for 30+ years without a problem. It's stuff like mall shootings that movtivate me to carry outside my home. That being said I am aware of a car theft that happened in a close neighborhood, with the homeowern in the house. The car was stolen out of the garage from a very well known local personality. The fact that he was home makes him pretty upset, being a car dealer, the loss wasn't that tramatic. If I were to carry at home the neighborhood kids might not come over so much... that would be a plus!
heidit is offline   Reply With Quote