Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2008, 23:39   #1
blindside

Tri-Cities

Looks like I'll be moving to the Tri-Cities in March.

Any good gun shops? Where can you shoot? I'm sort of spoiled by being surrounded by several million acres of BLM land, and very few people. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Old 02-09-2008, 20:23   #2
J. Parker

Hello there and welcome to Washington state. I "escaped" California in '93 and compared to Kommiefornia Washington State is heaven on earth. I lived in the Tri-Cities for six years then moved about ninety miles to the north. I didn't have a problem with the Tri-Cities but nowadays the population is 100,000 plus so you'll have to get used to that.
My buddy and I used to go shootin' outside of the little town of Finley (not far from Kennewick). The shootin' area was right next to the Columbia River. That was eight years ago so who knows if our old shootin' spot is still open. We also did alot of camping, shooting and riding atv's in the Umatilla National forest east of the Tri-Cities.
I'm sold on Washington State.....I love it.

Ps- I think there is at least four or five gunshops in the Tri-Cities. It's a "shall issue" gun state so gettin' a CCW permit is pretty easy. Face-to-face gun deals are legal within Washington State which is cool.

~WELCOME!
J. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 18:24   #3
blindside

Thanks!

I actually grew up on the wet side of the state, but moved to Wyoming about 10 years ago, I've always considered WA home though.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32   #4
PlasticGuy

I grew up on the wet side of the hills, also. I then spent a few years in Ellensburg, a few years in Spokane, and the last couple of years in the Tri-Cities. This area is a shooting mecca. The best range is Rattlesnake at the west edge of town. Almost all the competitive shooting is done there, and their range runs out to 1,000 yards. The only downside is that they are only open on weekends, unless you go through the training to become a range officer. Then you could let yourself in and out as you please. The other big range is the Tri-Cities Metallic Silhouette Club, which is just north-east of town on the Kahlotus highway. It's not as big or as nice, but has berms and target stands from 25-200 yards. The nice thing about that range is that there's just a gate with a combo, so all members can come and go as they please.

There are also two indoor pistol ranges, one in Pasco and one in Kennewick. The one in Kennewick is located inside the best used gunshop in town, called Hole In the Wall. Other than a small gunshop with limited hours in old Kennewick and a couple of pawnshops, that's the only choice for used guns. For new guns, most people shop at Sportsman's Warehouse in Kennewick. Their prices are good and most of the staff is knowledgable and helpful. They special order in a lot of guns for people who can't find what they want locally.

When you get around to actually moving here, there is really only one "bad area" of town. That is East Pasco. That's pretty rough, with some hispanic gangs and a lot of property crime. Other than that, this is a pretty nice area to live. It's hard to believe from just looking around at the surrounding desert, but there's a lot of great fishing and hunting here.

Hope this helps. Welcome to town.
Old 02-20-2008, 00:44   #5
blindside

Thank you.

Any suggestions on where to go for a good series of classes on defensive firearms use?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:17   #6
PlasticGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside View Post
Thank you.

Any suggestions on where to go for a good series of classes on defensive firearms use?
Call Hole in the Wall at 783-1111, and ask if they have made any progress on getting a new schedule of classes made up yet. They just switched lead instructors over there, but the replacement is a local guy with great credentials so it should be a pretty painless transition. If you want a couple of good local classes, that's the place to go.

If you want something "big name", Thunder Ranch is due south of the Tri-Cities, a full day's drive. I went there last summer for a carbine class, and it lived up to its reputation. It's expensive, but Clint Smith and his crew were excellent.