SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:18   #1
The Rampage
Inevitable

Well, F Me...we got our watch forum????

And then I went and posted that Bulova nonsense in GNG the other day...

Well, just for the sake of doing it, I'll repost my thread here and see what you folks think! Parding me if you've already seen it. Here's the deal:

I need a quartz watch just to keep track of the time, since I'm constantly rotating automatic watches and refuse to use a winder. I was thinking about picking up this Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive for about $250 (red bezel, I posted it here before) but I thought I might give a that Bulova Swiss quartz a try.

Here it is:

It's About Time

It's About Time

It's About Time

I'll admit, the band is quite odd, and the face looks like some cheap copy of a Patek Moon Phase, but there's just something about it that makes me want it...and not just the fact that it retails for $350 and I can get it for $99 nowadays. Plus, it has one of those fruity butterfly hidden-clasp things going on, and I still don't have a watch like that.

I'm preeeetty sure I'll be getting this watch sometime this week:

It's About Time

...so I'm all set for the year, as far as big, flashy divers go. But being that the VX-200 retails for almost a grand, and I'm gonna get it for about $250, I thought I might splurge a bit and blow an extra Benjamin on something odd.

So basically, who here think it's BUTT UGLY, who here thinks it's "OK," who here would buy it because it's f'in cheap, and who here is gonna sneak off to the men's room with a printout copy of the pictures for some self-gratification and hand relief?

TR
The Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:15   #2
The Rampage
Inevitable

You know what? I got sick of sitting around searching for reviews on the watch, *****footing and contemplating. It's only a lousy hundred bucks, so I just ordered it from some Brit on Ebay.

I'd say I got a good deal (and there are still a few left if anyone's interested), at $99 plus $19 for a $350 Swiss watch.

If it blows, I'll offer it here on GT for $125.

TR
Old 02-13-2008, 12:57   #3
VirginiaLEO83
1*

Definitely an interesting band, looks like fish scales.

Looks OK, I'm not crazy about it but hey for $100 who cares.
VirginiaLEO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 13:41   #4
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Looks pretty nice. Unfortunately I've not been able to order another watch just yet, but anticipate doing so here shortly.

Still thinking its gonna be the Orient Pepsi faced watch, but that one you just posted is sharp to.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 18:11   #5
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

It's not my style of watch, but hey, that's what makes this <strike>addiction</strike> hobby so great. If you like it, that in and of itself is reason enough to get it.

Make sure you show us pics when it comes.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:19   #6
VirginiaLEO83
1*

BTW: I love the looks of that Accutron, what's that one run?
VirginiaLEO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:23   #7
The Rampage
Inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLEO83 View Post
BTW: I love the looks of that Accutron, what's that one run?

Shnoop had it for $250, Watchopia offered it for a ridiculous $220 the other day, but generally they're gonna run between mid-$300s and mid-$400s, a little more if you're in retail stores and many places selling them for well over $600.

I should be able to acquire one for about $260, being that I missed the deals on Shnoop. I'll let you know how that turns out, if you're still interested. The price really depends on which color you want, as black seems to be the most popular, but the blue or pepsi have gone for $240 at the auctions.

I'll let you know what I find out.

TR